Page 17 of 17 « First<1314151617
Topic Options
#81042 - 10/09/13 05:19 PM Re: Church of Satan & Temple of The Vampire [Re: Dimitri]
Le Deluge Offline

OT: Sans Stoker and other authors, I doubt the vampire mythos in "the west" would have gained the romanticism/traction it has now. I would suggest:

Vampire Lore: From the Writings of Jan Perkowski

for more information on how the mythos was born. A lot of it can be reduced to superstitious villagers. An odd death would occur, a body would be dug up, post-rigor a body can produce "screams" if pressure is applied to the chest cavity. This is actually perfectly normal. I generally don't apply physical reductionism to a mythos, but that one just made me chuckle. If people still gain meaning from it, so be it.

P.S. This isn't to say I don't enjoy a good vampire movie, I do. They seem to have declined in quality over the years, but some of the early films have stood the test of time (so far).

#81072 - 10/10/13 03:48 PM Re: Church of Satan & Temple of The Vampire [Re: Dimitri]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Chalk it up to the Barnum Effect. If the ToV and JoS didn't appeal to a specific market, then they would have fizzled out from the start. The numbers may be small but obviously those people find a camaraderie with each other. There's something out there for everyone. Even if it doesn't appeal to me, you or the next five guys, it appeals to someone for some reason.

The book has been out on a torrent file for quite some time. In the age of Internet Piritism, you don't even need to throw you money down if you're curious. Still, there will always be a certain type of person that considers Copyright holy and pays for the book on principal.

#81073 - 10/10/13 03:52 PM Re: Church of Satan & Temple of The Vampire [Re: Le Deluge]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Even a decent television series can be entertaining. I'll admit, I thought the True Blood series was going to be too lame to watch, I hung in there for the first season and ultimately enjoyed the funny-factor of the story-line. The writing and character development was hilarious. I got a kick out of it.

I enjoy the movies too, even weird angles on Vampires such as the plot-line in Ultra Violet.

#81107 - 10/12/13 11:09 AM Re: Church of Satan & Temple of The Vampire [Re: SIN3]
Le Deluge Offline

I like True Blood. I've found vampire cinema/tv to be good forms of social critique. The Vampire Rights group is pretty funny. Movies like Twilight make them even more "PC". Better when they simply feed on society and their victims.

#81131 - 10/13/13 10:54 AM Re: Church of Satan & Temple of The Vampire [Re: Le Deluge]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Russel was by far my favorite character. This episode is hands-down the embodiment of the Satanic Vampire.

"In the end, we are nothing like you. We are immortal because we drink the true blood..."

#81227 - 10/17/13 03:22 AM Re: Church of Satan & Temple of The Vampire [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Maikl Offline
stranger

I'm gonna assume you mean these guys?

Temple of the Vampire

A friend of mine said he was involved with them for around 10 years or so. Going by their site and the way they function, they remind me of the Brotherhood of Satan . In fact they remind me quite a bit of the BOS... yes I am implying they are one in the same.

#93933 - 10/25/14 01:43 PM Re: Church of Satan & Temple of The Vampire [Re: Nemesis]
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
If you go there you will pound your head on your notebook or desk. The CoS should just make their own social networking site. But, then again Gilmore frowns upon ' online ' Satanists.

#93949 - 10/26/14 11:54 AM Re: Church of Satan & Temple of The Vampire [Re: Zach_Black]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Quote:
The CoS should just make their own social networking site. But, then again Gilmore frowns upon ' online ' Satanists.

Why? Social Networking is just a tool. I think you're conflating matters here. The online Satanists thing, has more to do with actual praxis than just yapping about it on the Internet.

Page 17 of 17 « First<1314151617

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.009 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.