Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#28499 - 08/15/09 11:44 PM satanic questions from a satanic newbie
AshFall Offline
lurker

Loc: newfoundland, canada
i have recently become quite fascinated with Le Veyan Satanism, to the point where i read the Satanic Bible and joined this forum. i am still rather curious on some matters though. for instance, i am wondering what Satan actually is.... i have looked at past posts and they seem to be rather mixed in weather Satan is an Ideal or a role model , or even if Satan is a force of nature of some sort...

also i am mildly skeptical of this... ritualistic "magic i have read about in the Satanic Bible. does it actually work or is it just for venting your emotions?

please do not flame me or any of that unnecessary vulgarity, as i am only attempting to sedate my curiosity, even if my questions may seem silly or stupid. i would not have asked them if i knew the answers.
thank you for your help and consideration.

Hail Thy Self.
AshFall

Edited by AshFall (08/15/09 11:46 PM)

#28501 - 08/16/09 01:23 AM Re: satanic questions from a satanic newbie [Re: AshFall]
bluj666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Tennessee,USA
In the LeVayian tradition Satan is a "role model" of sorts as the practicer is to look at the description of him (adversary to blind faith, forced morality, a symbol of individualism ect you get the point) as strive to be as such.

LeVay also describes Satan as a force of nature, which I suppose is up to the reader to decide what that means, Im assuming that Anton was stating that the world in itself is Satanic as its primal and driven by the carnal (what the right hand path calls sin)

The Rituals and magick in the Satanic Bible if you read the introduction to the book and a few other places in the chapters concerning magick, its purely pychodrama. Meaning a way to have tradition and dogma (ritual and magic) as a means to vent emotions and give the practicer a sense of "peace of mind". The rite of Black Mass in LeVay's religion as in most other Satanic religions is nothing more then a tool to aid the new practicer to confirm to themselves that they are now a satanist and shed themselves of past beleifs (such as if you were raised a christian ect.) so that those past beleifs don't intrude on their now chosen religion. So basically no, the rituals and magic in the Satanic Bible don't have any effect on anything other then your mind.

#28506 - 08/16/09 10:30 AM Re: satanic questions from a satanic newbie [Re: bluj666]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
Some of your questions are addressed here:

http://www.the600club.com/topic8445-1.html

Please spend some time reading the archives here. You'll get several interpretations of what the answers to your questions could be. It's ok to ask questions, but don't expect any of us to simply give you the answers you're looking for. We don't spoonfeed here, and we respect those who "show their work."

Octavius

#28514 - 08/16/09 06:46 PM Re: satanic questions from a satanic newbie [Re: bluj666]
Jake999 Offline

He can't even spell LaVey, yet he's going to tell you all about LaVey and his vision of contemporary Satanism.

He has no concept of what a "Black Mass" is, as enacted by The Church of Satan, but he is going to tell you what its purpose is.

LaVey was right. It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

#28524 - 08/17/09 01:30 AM Re: satanic questions from a satanic newbie [Re: Jake999]
bluj666 Offline
stranger

My sincer,apologies Jake999. LaVey.
#28525 - 08/17/09 01:39 AM Re: satanic questions from a satanic newbie [Re: bluj666]
zippadydooda Offline
pledge

Loc: San Diego, California
I was actually going to post almost exactly what you posted ashfall. Good knowing the doubts I had were correct. thanks all that answered the only thing i didn't like about Satanism before I asked it.

In hope to ask as few repeat questions as possible, I ask this one: Is there a FAQ with lots of questions you've all seen multiple times per day? I'm here to learn, not be a pest, so someone please direct me to such thread/forum if it exists.

-Cheers

#28534 - 08/17/09 09:45 AM Re: satanic questions from a satanic newbie [Re: zippadydooda]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
You'll find no easy answers or FAQ's page here. Do your own research. Take the time to peruse this site's archives. You'll likely find what you're looking for if you just LOOK. Get a library card if you don't already and READ. There's suggested reading material listed in several places here.

#28585 - 08/17/09 09:53 PM Re: satanic questions from a satanic newbie [Re: Octavius]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
To Zippa and the OP:

The reason why (we) are coming down on you like we are is because one of the founding pillars in our beliefs is that you rely upon yourselves for your knowledge and wisdom just as we rely upon ourselves. If you ask us a question and we give you an answer, you have put no thought into the information. You may as well be sitting in a church, listening to a sermon, and accepting what has been said as "the gospel". QUESTION EVERYTHING! That doesn't mean ask people questions and take their answers, that means research everything you find on the subject - both for and against - and form your own conclusions regarding whatever the subject matter happens to be.

Don't rely on other people to tell you what to believe.

#28586 - 08/17/09 09:54 PM Re: satanic questions from a satanic newbie [Re: Octavius]
AshFall Offline
lurker

Loc: newfoundland, canada
loads of thanks bluj, you really cleared up (like Zipp) my only issue with the entire ideal of Satanism.
Octavius, i totally agree with you, i should have looked for my answers more extensively. i bet i would be kinda irritated if i was on a black metal forum, or something else i know a lot about and some one started asking me about how to do simple blast-beats.

Also VERY good point about the sermon thing and thinking for your self. it really isn't any better than having some one spoon feed you something unknown. it could be arsenic or it could be pudding, but it would be better to either test it and feed your self or just make your own food. (pardon my lengthily analogy)

Edited by AshFall (08/17/09 09:58 PM)

#28600 - 08/17/09 11:55 PM Re: satanic questions from a satanic newbie [Re: AshFall]
bluj666 Offline
stranger

I retract my statment on the Black Mass, I was thinking of Making a Pact with Satan. Sorry about that.
#28604 - 08/18/09 12:04 AM Re: satanic questions from a satanic newbie [Re: bluj666]
zippadydooda Offline
pledge

Loc: San Diego, California
Once again, I publicly humiliate myself...

I ask only things which I either don't know where to find an answer for, or think will spark intresting conversation. And I don't just take things you all say here at face value, I consider the answer given and wether it may be true or not.

-Cheers

#28684 - 08/20/09 02:15 AM Re: satanic questions from a satanic newbie [Re: zippadydooda]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
My best avice is to just look around an read, the more you read the more you learn.

Most questions can be answered through google or other sources on the internet if you can sift through the bullshit.

Edited by Ringmaster (08/20/09 02:26 AM)

#29691 - 09/17/09 01:02 AM Re: satanic questions from a satanic newbie [Re: Ringmaster]
BloodRaven Offline
stranger

Loc: Tucson, AZ
I'm also a newbie on Satanism. The feeling I get from reading LaVey and Gilmore is that there is a lot of interpretation left to the individual when it comes to the concept of what "satan" is and "greater magic". It's more based on the needs of the individual for a definition of these ideas then any clear cut prescribed definition. What is obviously discouraged though is Christian devil worship and any type of magic spelled with a K.
#30293 - 10/05/09 11:36 AM Re: satanic questions from a satanic newbie [Re: BloodRaven]
Doomsage680 Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
I wouldn't really say that magick is discouraged, though the LaVeyan Satanists might not believe in it, and indeed there is a lot more to Satanism then a reaction against Christianity. Once again you must find the answer for yourself, there are a lot of different opinions on what Satanism is but the most valid one is the one that tells you to find it for yourself. It's about the Self with no limits on knowledge or methods to enlightenment and/or fulfillment.

#39669 - 06/29/10 10:16 AM Re: satanic questions from a satanic newbie [Re: Doomsage680]
TheSerpent Offline
stranger

Loc: Northern Ireland
The Satanic Bible answers alot of questions that newbies asks, the answer to your question can be found from reading the Satanic Bible and THINKING for yourself!!!

GROW A PAIR OF BALLS AND DRINK FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE, DRINK TILL YOU ARE SATISFIED,STOP GARGLING AND ENJOY!!!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.