Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#28641 - 08/19/09 03:13 AM distinction required for existance
zippadydooda Offline
pledge

Loc: San Diego, California
I was recently in this sites video chat, speaking with a guest, and I've said something which, if true, may be amongst the most incredible relizations i've ever come to. Someone correct me if my logic is flawed, but here is what I thought of.

One thing can not exist without a counterpart. Can cold and heat exist without one another? A better example, and more easy to work with in this instance, possitive and negative. Is every action catagorized into one of these two fields? If possitive didnt exist, how could negative be understood? What is heat, if it cannot be compared to cold? Without sadness, there is no happiness.

I'm having trouble articulating my point, but if someone could clarrify, I invite them to do so. I also invite any and all counter arguments to this thought i've had.

-Cheers

Edited by zippadydooda (08/19/09 03:24 AM)
Edit Reason: added though about happiness

#28643 - 08/19/09 03:43 AM Re: distinction required for existance [Re: zippadydooda]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Distinctions such as "positive" and "negative", cold and warm, yin and yang, white and dark actually are non-existant. In every case it is about a state of the subject.

Negative in electrical definition means "plenty of electrons", while positive means "lack of electrons". Both are related to electron quantity but viewed objectively, positive and negative are just mere descriptions.
Same goes for cold and heat. It is about your subjective view and feeling. You only make the distinction between those two because your senses make you believe there is a distinction. Cold temperatures still contain a certain amount of "heat", but since your body contains more heat there will be a flux from your body to the cold envirronement to get into equilibrium.

Every black and white, positive and negative,... should be seen as a subjective view (when it comes to spiritual thinking) or as a state of the subject (when it comes to science). In both ways it is something you perceive. The trick in the subjective views (i.e when starting to make distinctions between good/bad) is that it differs from person to person. And that it sometimes becomes quite difficult to define something as good or evil.

In the end, it is just a discussion about balancing two different states of your subject. You can say that positive cannot exist without a negative counterpart. It's natural, everything is searching for some kind of equilibrium.

Edited by Dimitri (08/19/09 03:45 AM)

#28727 - 08/20/09 10:00 PM Re: distinction required for existance [Re: zippadydooda]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
Congratulations, you are one step closer (though you still have about a million more to go).

While these things are sort of subjective, as has been said, human brains need to categorize and compare. I think the point you are trying to bring yourself to is that one cannot have a concept of ONLY cold, ONLY happiness, etc etc because in order to fully understand anything, one must have something polar to compare it to. How can you truly appreciate that nice cosy bed of yours if you have never slept in the street? How can you really know how much your bff means to you if you have never had an enemy? Things like that.

And in some book somewhere, LaVey actually touches on this topic when talking about that bullshitty concept of loving everyone on earth without reservation. If you love everyone, you reduce that love to something that is no longer sacred and special. How can you truly have and apply love for another human being if you have never experienced and embraced the opposite feeling? This goes beyond spirituality and it goes beyond science. It is subjective, that's true, but it is also necessary to understand the human need to contrast/compare/categorize in order to better understand how humans think and act/react to the world around them. Including yourself.

One thing that you are going to learn about this place is that we will constantly be telling you to get off the video games and start reading more. We cut you a lot of slack because you are young but the sad truth is that most of us will still balk at the idea of holding your hand and bringing you to conclusions that you should be drawing on your own and should be able to articulate properly. Don't use your age as an excuse. A few years ago we had a 16 year old here who was extremely articulate and even though he did show his age quite frequently, he was able to hold his own in an argument and was able to back up what he said with research (Matter of fact, correct me if I'm wrong - someone - but I do believe that Edi was bluesuited at one time). Start reading, even if the shit you are reading doesn't make sense when you first dive in. Eventually your brain will rewire itself from video game mode to critical thinking mode.

And you may think I'm full of shit when I make that statement, but that's only because you have not exposed yourself to enough information to realize that it's true. You have trained yourself to be inarticulate and to lack critical thinking skills. You have trained yourself out of thinking logically and coherently. But you can change that.

If you have not done it already, get your ass over to the media room here and read TSB. Focus on the Satanic Statements and put real thought into your interpretation of them and how they apply to you. Then I would suggest looking up the Satanic Sins and the Rules of the Earth and pondering those as well. I personally consider Satanism a philosophy and not a religion, but that does not mean that the information presented is without life-application and value. Reject the idea of giving unquestioning faith to anything. Read everything you can read, then investigate what you have read in order to find your own truth in the information you have found.

So many people here will show to be short on patience with you because as many times as you have been pointed in the right direction, you still do not attempt to do your own research and learn things on your own. You make a half-assed attempt at having proper spelling and grammar but you don't really try to master these skills. (Remember that when it comes to this place, your entire being comes down to what we see when you type.) In short, you are mentally still immature and have not gotten to the point in your life where you feel the need to seek information out on your own. You are still a child who wants everyone to TELL you what to think and that's a bad frame of mind to be in while you're in a room full of adult Satanists who have been walking the walk for more years than not.

I'm going off on a tangent here, but it's necessary that you see these flaws and begin working to correct them. My opinion of you is that you have potential (others have and will disagree with me here) but that you have lived too comfortably for your short life and have never had to rely on yourself for anything and therefor don't know how to. It's one thing to sit in a classroom and remember a lecture long enough to pass the quiz. It is an entirely different matter to get off your ass and start exploring and understanding the world and lives around you. The people in this house - especially us coloreds (haha I love saying that!) - are primarily intellects. We research, we debate, we gather information. We are constantly observing and investigating. You wont last long here if you don't adapt to that intellectual way of thinking and become sort of a scientist of humanity.

All that being said, I challenge you to get a notebook and a pen and write down your thoughts. Keep writing until you HAVE successfully articulated same, and strive to form complete and coherent sentences all the while. And then, as I have said before, dust off your library card and go get some nonfiction books and read the sumbitches. I am probably holding your hand longer than anyone else would and definitely longer than anyone would expect me to, but remember, I take my kids out to the woods for days at a time and make them find their own food. Imagine how short my patience is with someone who is three times their age and still hasn't mastered the simple ability to nail down his own thoughts and ideas. There is a reason why we all seem so cool and so smart, and we're trying to point you in the right direction here. GO.

#28768 - 08/22/09 12:14 AM Re: distinction required for existance [Re: ceruleansteel]
Samuel Hain Offline
pledge

Loc: arkansas
"Where there is much light there is also much shadow..." Goethe
#28774 - 08/22/09 01:00 AM Re: distinction required for existance [Re: Samuel Hain]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
"Goethe" back to the rules thread and remember that we don't like one-liners. If you have something concrete to contribute to this thread, by all means start typing. But there is a very low tolerance for this type of posting.

That being said, care to expand on that?

#28844 - 08/23/09 09:21 PM Re: distinction required for existance [Re: ceruleansteel]
Samuel Hain Offline
pledge

Loc: arkansas
What I will add is that in a lot of dissident Christian sects, like the Gnostics or the Cathars, they believe in duality, that is that Satan is not subservient to God, but his coequal. For instance, I have read the actual testimonies of some of those interrogated when the Carthars were arrested for being heretics.(That is the only was to study History. Read the primary sources ,not what modern day Historians think they might have meant.) They believed that Yahweh was really Satan and that he created the material universe, and that this world was Hell in that it was the lowest realm of all the spiritual worlds.They did not believe in a fiery hell under the earth meant to punish sinners. The Spiritual world was created by Christ but a Cathar believed you had to be reincarnated at least nine times before you could advance to the next realm in the spiritual world. They also believed all priests and rich people were evil (Ie too materialists and carnal) and would never advance pass this world.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.