Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#28699 - 08/20/09 08:11 AM Mormons
Azathoth68 Offline
pledge

Loc: Denver, CO USA
So I'm sitting at home, minding my own business when I hear a knock at the door. Yes, it's two strapping Mormon lads going door-to-door, handing out brochures about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I invited them in (I was bored), and bade them sit down on my couch. They were cheerful enough, but became visibly shaken when they saw my living room's 'decor'. I'm a big Giger fan, and have a large collection of framed prints of some of his more notorious artwork. As well as various and sundry furnishings I have collected of a dark variety through the years. I offered them some tea, which they refused (I had forgotten about the Mormon prohibition of caffeine), then merely sat and asked them what I could do for them. The inevitable followed, and I humored them (I am very polite), accepted their literature and bade them farewell. Being curious by nature as to what sets the LDS apart, I came across this little gem, it was an eye opener. I had NO idea how interesting their beliefs REALLY are! Anyway, for those of you who were like me until I saw this, Bon Appetit!

Damn that Lucifer...Forcing everyone to become Gods! Though you have to admit 'endless celestial sex' sounds fun!

Edited by Azathoth68 (08/20/09 08:42 AM)

#28703 - 08/20/09 10:22 AM Re: Mormons [Re: Azathoth68]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
I would like to make them vie for the title of who can be first to defile their own religion.

That would be like a twofer. Not to mention the fact that I could have a load of fun in the end.

Ah...the puns abound...

#28704 - 08/20/09 10:56 AM Re: Mormons [Re: ceruleansteel]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
When I saw this thread, I thought of this;

On a more serious note, from that cartoon video, their believes make me howl with laughter.

Also, it seems it would have been on a program criticising various religions, as I spotted a copy of The Satanic Bible on the table in the end scene with the critics discussing Mormonism on another version of the video.

#28711 - 08/20/09 02:28 PM Re: Mormons [Re: DistroyA]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Yeah, Mormons believe some crazy stuff. Their beliefs aren't any more crazy than the other religions out there though. Personally I find the concept of becoming a god of my own planet upon my death quite alluring. Even if it is all just bullshit.

#28717 - 08/20/09 05:08 PM Re: Mormons [Re: Azathoth68]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
I can understand someone believing in this nonsense, if they were born into a family of Mormons, and were fed this religious babble from birth.

What I have a very hard time understanding, is how anyone who at one point believed in something else, or nothing at all, could get to the point of being convinced that any of this religion is true.

I really should get off my lazy ass, and start my own white light religion. I think that I could come up with a much better story then Joseph Smith did.

#28719 - 08/20/09 05:20 PM Re: Mormons [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
zippadydooda Offline
pledge

Loc: San Diego, California
When I watched this video, I couldn't help but fall off my chair from laughing. Besides the crappy narration and animation, the doctrine was one of the most ridiculous things i've ever heard. I can see why someone would want to beleive something like this, it seems like it would be a comforting thought, an afterlife with as many wives as you could fuck on your own planet.

At the same time, it never ceases to amaze me what the masses will blindly accept. I dont care how studied someone is on a subject, if they dont know counter veiws of their subject, they hold little to no crediblity to me.

#28720 - 08/20/09 05:27 PM Re: Mormons [Re: zippadydooda]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:
When I watched this video, I couldn't help but fall off my chair from laughing.

It would be funny and amusing, if this was written as a fairy tale in a children’s book. Maybe. Although, any intelligent parent would be nuts to read it to their kids as a bedtime story.

However, the reason that I do not find these beliefs at all amusing or funny, is because adults who control businesses, politics, education, and most scary of all, the minds of some young children actually believe this stuff.

If any psychiatric patient would tell this story, if it wasn't already a religion, he would be classified as highly delusional.

EDIT: Yes I noticed that I said "Any intelligent parent would be nuts..." Bit of an oxymormon in there..but I'm leaving it cause it amuses me.

Edited by Asmedious (08/20/09 05:28 PM)
Edit Reason: EDIT reason noted

#47956 - 02/03/11 10:58 AM Re: Mormons [Re: Asmedious]
Pheonix666 Offline
stranger

Loc: So Cal
Gods, gods, and more gods. Does anyone here understand the many wrongdoings that the mormon cult does? They traumatize their children with lies of "If you die before age 8, you go straight to heaven." This has caused many to become depressed, and maybe a few had thoughts of suicide, I don't know, but I sure have.

The mormon "religion" used to be my religion, before I became involved with Satanism, then the Philosophy of Luciferianism. I was in it for 17 years, and had the "last straw" when my bishop found out that I was not only attracted to girls, but to guys as well. Quite an uproar that cause, and the bishop said that if I don't find a nice girl to marry, I'll be excommunicated for being what I am. Can you imagine? Being told that you'll be kicked out of a religion, just for falling in love with people of the same sex?

-sigh- No, I'm not gay, I'm bisexual, and please, lets not start up the argument of "Bisexuals don't exist; they're only confused gays."

In any case, the women have it worse. They are taught that they must bare the children of men without question, and are looked upon, not as people, but as objects for their own pleasure. And when one girl is raped, most likely by a mormon boy, that girl is blamed, and the boy in question receives a slap on the wrist, and will most likely be forced to marry the girl that he had just raped (This is all before charges are pressed).

They have no say in anything. Sure, they can voice their concerns, but the needs of men come first, unless its an emergency. Only then, will a woman, or girl, receive the attention she needs.

The mormons are strong believers in "sex before marriage," and as such, they have an air of innocence about them that I find most annoying. It is no wonder that they are targeted for rape and sexual abuse, they've no idea how to defend themselves.

You all know of the caffeine ban, correct? Well, did you know that when their prophet, Gordon something or other, had come out and announced this, he took out a Hershey kiss, and devoured it. Thus, showing how much a hypocrite he really was. If you do not understand, then let me clarify. Chocolate has natural caffeine in it, it is how people can be more productive than normal, and its not just the sugar.

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them, and, yes, they do believe what was in the video. They just like to keep it hushed.

#48009 - 02/03/11 10:31 PM Re: Mormons [Re: Pheonix666]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
 Originally Posted By: Pheonix666
And when one girl is raped, most likely by a mormon boy, that girl is blamed, and the boy in question receives a slap on the wrist, and will most likely be forced to marry the girl that he had just raped (This is all before charges are pressed).

Utah has a very high rate of rape accusations and convictions. A Mormon girl who fools around before marriage is likely to attempt to save her reputation by claiming she was raped. Utah culture is very protective of its ladies, and they generally trust girls’ claims, even if eyewitnesses say otherwise and their stories are inconsistent with established facts. If you're talking about fundamentalists, that's a completely different story, but mainstream Mormons are very hard on rape.

P.S. Has anyone noticed the pervasive "And I'm Mormon" ads floating around the internet? They're even being sponsored by Google ads here on the 600 Club. It seems like a desperate attempt to establish how "normal" they are; they're trying so hard it's backfiring.

#48024 - 02/04/11 01:44 AM Re: Mormons [Re: XiaoGui17]
Pheonix666 Offline
stranger

Loc: So Cal
However, there are ways of knowing whether or not the girl was, in fact, a rape victim. It takes a gynecologist to do so, but it is possible. I would go into greater detail, but I believe that I may be flagged, or some such thing, for being graphic in my details. So, let us just say that the doctor could see if there are tears, or if it was stretched down there. If it was stretched, then the girl in question would be in some serious trouble, and she would lose face.

Yes, I've noticed those ads, and I must point out that the mormon leaders do not suffer for the name of "mormon." It was slapped onto them when their storybook, one called "the book of mormon," came into being. The people did not want to call them "latter day saints," as they had believed, and still believe, that they are cultists like the Satanists here. No, they looked at the storybooks that were presented to them, and began to call them "mormons."

The ads show how much of a hypocrite their "religion" is. They tell the world that they are "latter day saints," not mormons, and yet, they come around and proclaim themselves as mormons.

#48086 - 02/05/11 04:52 AM Re: Mormons [Re: Pheonix666]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
 Originally Posted By: Pheonix666
However, there are ways of knowing whether or not the girl was, in fact, a rape victim. It takes a gynecologist to do so, but it is possible.

That's just the thing; I know a couple Utah men accused of rape. Gynecological exams demonstrated not only that the girls were not raped as they claimed, but that they were still virgins. Yet these men were still convicted. People's emotional reactions cause them to disregard evidence, even when it's as plain as day.

Mormon is an exonym like Quaker. LDS folk use it because it's recognizable and short. Some also use the acronym "LDS." I don't consider it hypocrisy to use a different term.

#48599 - 02/10/11 10:24 PM Re: Mormons [Re: XiaoGui17]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
When I was a Boy Scout, I considered joining the Mormon Church because it had the coolest BSA religious medal: a buffalo skull instead of the weenie Christian crosses on the other denomination medals. This still seems to me as good a theological reason as any to convert, except that in 2002 the church apparently wimped out and replaced the skull with a Moroni tooting his horn within a BSA trefoil. Say what?

Incidentally there are an amazing number of BSA religious medals; see here. If I had continued with the Church of Satan, we might have sponsored one too. [The Temple of Set does not admit and has no programs for minors.]

Indeed the Buddhist Sangha program sounds like it would have been much more interesting than the blah Sunday Schools Christian kids in the 1950s were routinely dragged through.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.008 seconds were spent on 25 queries. Zlib compression disabled.