Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#28814 - 08/22/09 06:52 PM "The Seven Towers of Satan"
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Readers of the Satanic Bible and Rituals will have encountered mention of the Yezidis, most particularly in the SR's "Pilgrims of the Age of Fire" chapter. [This chapter, and the Yezidis generally, are further discussed in my Church of Satan ebook, Chapter #22 & appendices.]

Here is the famous passage from William Seabrook's Adventures in Arabia (1927) which attracted occultists' (including Anton LaVey's) interest:

Quote:
Najar Terek bey had told me how, three years before, he had visited the sacred stronghold of the Yezidis, in the mountains north of Baghdad, on the Kurdish border, near Mosul - of a strange temple, built on rock terraces hewn from the cliffs of the mountainside, which he had not been permitted to enter, but which was supposed to contain the great brazen image of a peacock and to lead into subterranean caverns where bloody rites were still performed in worship of the Devil - how he had seen one of their fabulous Seven Towers, or “Power Houses” - a high, white cone-shaped structure with bright rays flashing from its pinnacle - and it was here that I interrupted him, because I had heard of those Seven Towers more than once before, and I believed them to be as absolutely mythical as the Chinese “subterranean kingdom” or the caves of Sinbad. The tales I had previously heard, and which are widely current in the East, may be reduced to this:

Stretching across Asia, from Northern Manchuria, through Tibet, west through Persia, and ending in the Kurdistan, was a chain of seven towers, on isolated mountain-tops; and in each of these towers sat continually a Priest of Satan, who by “broadcasting” occult vibrations controlled the destinies of the world for evil.

Here's an interesting supplement to this information, including some links and photos.

#28817 - 08/22/09 07:16 PM Re: "The Seven Towers of Satan" [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I've always found the Yezidi religion to be fascinating, but have thought their reputation as Satanists to be rather unfair, considering they revere Allah and have moral values nearly identical to normal Muslims.

It also pisses me off to see real Satanists buying into the sensationalism and hailing the Yezidis as "traditional devil worshipers", and using Yezidi imagery in their rituals. It's pretty ignorant and makes them look like stupid white kids trying to mimic a foreign sacred tradition that they obviously don't know the slightest thing about. (And pretty retarded, considering that the Yezidi religion has "RHP" written all over it.)

#28818 - 08/22/09 07:18 PM Re: "The Seven Towers of Satan" [Re: The Zebu]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I thought the Yezidi believe they are direct descendents of Adam, without Eve. Hardly sounds like Devil Worship or Satanism to me.

#28823 - 08/22/09 09:02 PM Re: "The Seven Towers of Satan" [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"We were now fairly in the Assyrian plains.... The high aetificial mound of the Yezidi village, crowned by a modern mud-built castle, had been visible in the distance long ago before we reached it, miraged into double its real size, and into an imposing group of towers and fortifications."

Discoveries in the ruins of Nineveh and Babylon...
By Austen H Layard

I own this book, I seriously doubt that many others have it or will be able to find it unfortunately. I bought it more than 10 years ago. In it, the author spends a lot of his time with the Yezidis. He talks about their culture, beliefs,and the people themselves. Including the Melek Taous, which he says is not an idol, but looked upon as a symbol or banner. It includes 2 chants and one song of the Yezidi priests. It doesn't have the words to this, but the music sheet notes so you can play it. I know this book has lots of other stuff in it too, but I don't have the time to find it tonight.

M

#28827 - 08/23/09 01:59 AM Melek Taus a-Go-Go! [Re: Morgan]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Morgan
... In it, the author spends a lot of his time with the Yezidis. He talks about their culture, beliefs,and the people themselves. Including the Melek Taous, which he says is not an idol, but looked upon as a symbol or banner. It includes 2 chants and one song of the Yezidi priests. It doesn't have the words to this, but the music sheet notes so you can play it.

How about this?

#28831 - 08/23/09 07:56 AM Re: Melek Taus a-Go-Go! [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
I have a really old scan of a book called "the tribe of the peacock Angel" or something to that manner, all about them.Will root it out and if any one is interested will upload it for them.

#29102 - 09/01/09 02:02 AM Re: Melek Taus a-Go-Go! [Re: jesusbeater]
Final Conflict Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: jesusbeater
I have a really old scan of a book called "the tribe of the peacock Angel" or something to that manner, all about them.Will root it out and if any one is interested will upload it for them.

Is it "The Cult of the Peacock Angel"? If so, it's available here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/3112349/The-Cult-of-The-Peacock-Angel-

One of my few criticisms of LaVey is how he mistook them (knowingly or not) for devil worshippers, which they're definitely not.

#29130 - 09/01/09 04:51 PM Re: Melek Taus a-Go-Go! [Re: Final Conflict]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Same here. But you have to consider that back then in the 60s, Isya Joseph was one of the only published writers on Yezidi tradition. Nowadays we have much more widespread insight into Middle Eastern culture due to modern globalism (Which basically means that the West didn't start caring about the middle east until we discovered they had a shitload of oil.) Also nowadays we have the internet, where actual Yezidis can explain their beliefs and dispel rumors firsthand.

By the way, am I the only one amused by the "Wicca Chat City" advert with a Baphomet in the middle? (edit: Hahaha, turns out there's also a "Christian Chat City" as well... lame-ass domain grabbers...)

Edited by The Zebu (09/01/09 04:54 PM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.