Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#29577 - 09/14/09 09:32 PM I know I know . . . I am the Hangman
Ankhhape Offline
Banned
pledge

Please, explain to me the difference between this Modern Satanism and a pragmatic Atheist? I've done my homework here as suggested, read through the forum, re-read the SB, followed the many links towards Satanism.

My grandfather, father and oldest brother were all war heroes, I was not and I hope my sons won't be.

So, just what am I looking at here?

#29579 - 09/14/09 09:58 PM Re: I know I know . . . I am the Hangman [Re: Ankhhape]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Speaking for my self, I enjoy the symbolism of Satanism. Part of me is a kid at heart, who likes the ďdarkerí side of things.

Satan (although I prefer the name Lucifer) reprsents the accuser of prophets and those who follow them.

So basically for me, itís mainly about aesthetics. Sure most often in public, when asked I refer to myself as an Atheist but occasionally itís just fun to announce that Iím a Satanist when other nurses (coworkers) start talking about their religious beliefs. I do like to have fun, and the devil is considerably more entertaining then an ordinary run of the mill Atheist. Especially if Satanism is done with class and style, and not as an attention whore type thing.

Itís one of those things though, either one gets it or they donít.

#29581 - 09/14/09 11:36 PM Re: I know I know . . . I am the Hangman [Re: Asmedious]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

Please, explain to me the difference between this Modern Satanism and a pragmatic Atheist?

It is not so much that there is any quantitative difference between the two so much as one is an element of the other.

Satanists realize that man creates his own gods, and were a supposed 'deity' to manifest it wouldn't even matter. To the Satanist the only ultimate authority is the self.

So for all intents and purposes, being an autotheist, the Satanist will always be an Atheist in regards to any external metaphysical entity or memeplex.

But this is all rather subsidiary to the real meat and potatos of Satanism. Cosmology is really an insignificant part of the whole experience.

Satanism is, from my perspective at least, a religion and a philosophy. A way of behaving and seeing the world that if is not born into you, instilled at a very young age. Later, this is internally confirmed by Anton LaVeys vision of The Satanist when one reads The Satanic Bible.

That of course is only the first step on a very long and treacherous road, a road most don't have the intestinal fortitude to walk.

#29859 - 09/20/09 12:41 AM Re: I know I know . . . I am the Hangman [Re: Dan_Dread]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
Amen Dan!

As for myself. I am an Atheist. I am an Atheist because that is the only thing to reasonably, logically be. If you oppose, you are honestly laughable. I am a satanist because I oppose christ. I (if he existed) spit on his grave and the grave of those who follow him. The 'theology' of such ideals are sickening and I will spend the rest of my entire life fighting their ubsurd justifications. If christ were alive today; I would personally nail him to a tree myself.

Do you have a REASONABLE argument?

It is as Dawkins said: "The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgivung control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, masochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.'

Whether you believe in 'god' or believe in 'satan' you belive that such a thing could be the orchistrator AND creator of all we see and do not see. If it were me, I would not want a piece of work such as the bible (or koran for that matter) on my resume.

...and WTF does being a 'war hero' have to do with ANYTHING??!! Please, Ted Bundy has killed more people than most 'veterans' have.

Edited by blsk (09/20/09 12:55 AM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.016 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.