Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#29675 - 09/16/09 04:25 PM Paranormal Activity
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
Really looking forward to seeing this movie, there was a fair bit of hype about it almost a year ago but it looked like the studio was almost going to bin it after a few advanced screenings even though it got insanely good feed back.Long story short the executives decided to reshoot the ending fearing that the original ending was too brutal and shocking.From all accounts it was 20 minutes of insanity and complete brutality but has since been cut down to about 10 minutes of less graphic but non the less still rough scare mongering.
I would urge any people from the USA that might have an interest in this movie to visit the web site and go to the demand to see it section as it has been granted a limited release by the powers that be.If it is successful a proper, hopefully global release will happen and I might actually get to catch it in the cinema.
Below is the plot details, link to the official page and trailer.

Plot Summary: After a young, middle class couple moves into what seems like a typical suburban “starter” tract house, they become increasingly disturbed by a presence that may or may not be somehow demonic but is certainly most active in the middle of the night. Especially when they sleep. Or try to.

site home

trailer

#29676 - 09/16/09 04:54 PM Re: Paranormal Activity [Re: jesusbeater]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Looks like one of those all too common home movie imitations, which I believe originated from "The Blair Witch," and more recently that alien movie that I can't think of.

It does look like it would be interesting to watch...but scary? I think many of us horror fans are by now a bit jaded or immune to boogie men under the sheets.

I'd go see it though.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.016 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.