Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#30348 - 10/07/09 05:46 PM Re: LaVeyan to traditional satanist path [Re: Ankhhape]
Doomsage680 Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
I've been examining my beliefs closely, and after much questioning, reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, and taking all of your posts seriously, today I came to the conclusion that neither Satan nor God exists as a real entity. I suppose I am an Atheist. It's kind of new to me, I had a headache for a while with the idea that I've been deceiving myself about these things for so long, but I can no longer bend over backward mentally in order to justify these beliefs that have no real ground in reality.
Once I figure out where Satanism fits into my belief system I will continue posting, I will still live by Satanic principles but whether that will be strictly LaVeyan or just some general individualism, I will know soon enough.
Thanks for your rationality, I must say that another thread I read yesterday about the FiLCHER Method posted by someone here really helped make me confront the inconsistencies in my beliefs. Have a great day.

#30385 - 10/09/09 06:17 AM Re: LaVeyan to traditional satanist path [Re: Doomsage680]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Good on you.
Welcome back when you feel like doing so.

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#30386 - 10/09/09 06:25 AM Re: LaVeyan to traditional satanist path [Re: Woland]
Jake999 Offline

It's kind of refreshing not to have someone predecide that they're a "LaVeyan" Satanist and then try to warp the fabric of the universe to fit the ways they AREN'T. Take your time and don't worry about fitting into some predetermined mold, Doomsage. Anyone can put on a uniform and declare themselves a superhero.

Just as heroic are those who are simply themselves and know it.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.