Page 3 of 7 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#33705 - 01/07/10 11:58 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: Woland]
GillesdeRais Offline

I can be idiotic, AT BEST, and am best taken in small doses. I apologize for the one-liners, and really enjoy you people letting me post here. I will no longer post one-liners. At the max, maybe 1.5 lines. Bye for now. Have fun! Stay Single! ;\)

Edited by GillesdeRais (01/08/10 12:00 AM)

#33795 - 01/10/10 01:36 AM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: GillesdeRais]
zippadydooda Offline
pledge

Loc: San Diego, California
I wouldn't say my personality has changed, but I would say that the way I feel about who I am has improved drastically. I used to always feel like I was choking on air, like what I thought I needed was killing me inside. It was like I was drowning myself in what other people were telling me who and what I should be.

If anything, I would say my personality has been blossoming since I realized I'm a satanist. In general, I'm the happiest I've been in my life. I feel like I've destroyed everything inside me that would prevent me from enjoying life, gaining knowledge, and achieving my dreams.

#33797 - 01/10/10 02:30 AM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: zippadydooda]
PeteOfTheDead Offline

Loc: Brunswick, Melbourne, Victoria...
I'm still the same person I was before but I think I'm more confident. I've been realising that since I'm God I need to make myself somebody worth worshipping.

I've spent way too fucking much time trying to keep EVERYBODY happy- even people I pass in the street who'll I'll probably never see again. It's too tiring. To paraphrase the great philosopher philosopher Frank N Furter: "I'm not doing this FOR YOU!"

I printed out The Satanic Bible to read. While reading it publically I offended people. Those people will have to get over it. My mother recently visited my flat and saw The Book Of Satan lying around. My mother is a Christian. I'm sorry I offended her but I'm not sorry I read TSB. I know my mother will love me no matter what I do so my challenge is to explain to her what TSB is and why I love it. It will be difficult because I pissed her off years ago telling her I was an Atheist but I can do it. I can do anything.

Edited by PeteOfTheDead (01/10/10 02:31 AM)

#33800 - 01/10/10 02:38 AM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: PeteOfTheDead]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

If you are so tired of pleasing other people; why do you seek approval from your mother regarding your philosophical leanings? And if it bothers you that much then don't leave such things lying around where people will see them and get offended. The approval seeking still seems weird to me...

#33801 - 01/10/10 03:48 AM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
PeteOfTheDead Offline

I don't want my mother thinking that I'm reading Satanic stuff to rebel, to intentionally hurt people. She doesn't understand the philosophy behind TSB...

About leaving the print-outs lying around- I only spent a small amount of time in my flat from Christmas to this past Friday. I came back with my parents then. I should've hid the print-outs but I can be absent-minded sometimes- often actually :P .

#33803 - 01/10/10 04:38 AM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
PeteOfTheDead Offline

I meant I'm not doing what I'm doing with the intention of hurting anyone. And I'm not doing it to offend people, but because it feels right to me and Christianity doesn't.

As a teenager I did and said things with the purpose of shocking them.

Am I rebelling? Yes, I suppose I am, but I didn't really think of it in those terms until now. I'm not rebelling for the sake of rebelling though. I'm doing it because i cannot and will not take a number and wait to be saved like so many others.

#33840 - 01/11/10 06:00 AM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: coelentrate]
Jenders Offline
lurker

No i have been like this for many years. It just took me a while to understand what "label" i was.
#34399 - 01/22/10 05:29 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: coelentrate]
soul Offline
Banned
stranger

I think that Satanism has slightly changed my way of thinking. I think it gave me some new alternatives. It made me more open-minded. Or maybe less narrow-minded .
#34401 - 01/22/10 08:40 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: soul]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Yes, but did it change how you lived your life? Did your personality (not your thinking) change? Did you start treating people differently? That was the OP's question. It doesn't take an entire philosophy to change one's way of thinking. That could be accomplished with a single, profound sentence or paragraph. Even reading something in the newspaper could alter how your perception of the world around you.

#34405 - 01/22/10 09:38 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: Nemesis]
soul Offline
Banned
stranger

Nemesis is Vengeance?
#34406 - 01/22/10 09:51 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: Nemesis]
Fabiano Offline

Nem,

You distinguish "personality" and "thinking". I understand you mean by "personality" the way of treating poeple.

But the OP question was
 Quote:
When you realized you were a Satanist, did it change your personality? If not, did it change the way you talk or act? ...
So here one could not change his personality but treat poeple differently...

If the personnality is to be understood as the "I" who thinks, then I think the personnality does not change. From here comes that infinitly repeated sentence under various forms: "Satanists are borned, not made".

However, as Korsybsky said "The map is not the terrain" and the behaviour depends well on the map and not on the terrain (so here probably what you call "Thinking"). The behaviour is the result of the interraction between the I and the map. Like you said, even reading a newspaper can lead you to review substancially your map. And even if not it will leave traces on the map anyway...

So, reading TSB and "realising you're a Satanist" leads to profound review of the map. And, as the I is represented on the map (I mean, one always has a representation of himself) have a big impact on the behaviour, labelling oneself as Satanist will probably impact the behaviour.

But it takes time to erase and redraw a new map and as long this is "under construction" the behaviour can become inconsistant or stupid !
For instance, many come with questions like "what should I do for being a good Satanist?" It's totally unsatanic, in consequence inconsistant and stupid. It's coming to Satanism with the same mindset than when going to other RHP religion : the "please tell me what to do/what to think" attitude.

So, behaviour changes when realising one's Satanism but the personality does not. Whatever the map is, the way the I behaves in front of it stays constant.

#34409 - 01/22/10 10:46 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: Nemesis]
soul Offline
Banned
stranger

Nemesis=monkey.

Think...

#34411 - 01/22/10 10:55 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: soul]
Nemesis Offline

Soul=Banned

Have a nice day...

#34412 - 01/22/10 11:07 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: Fabiano]
Nemesis Offline

In a way, yes, I do distinguish "personality" from "thinking". "Personality" is generally only perceived by others. If you never met another human being, how would you be aware that you were narcissistic? Or perverted? If I only had myself to talk to, how would I know if I were chatty or introverted? Just some examples.

Certainly that is not to say that thinking in and of itself would NOT change one's personality. On the contrary, it's the driving force for so many of us, in ways we may have not even realized as of yet. Looking back, 20 years from now, it may seem crystal clear, but in the present, we see through a glass darkly.

The way that soul presented his perception was that Satanism changed his way of thinking a bit, but didn't affect him otherwise. That would be like me finding out that fish had their own language. Amazing in and of itself, that revelation would not change my personality. However, it might change the way I think about fish, and may have some reluctance to eat them if I knew they were intelligent enough to talk trash behind my back whilst floating in their 75 gallon tank. But if said trash-talking fish were to be so ungrateful as to deride the person that feeds them, I might eat them out of spite ;\)

#34416 - 01/23/10 04:54 AM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: coelentrate]
TheInsane Offline

Well I believe that ones personality always changes while at the same time retaining that red line that somehow connects one through these changes (this might be and afterthough though when ones looks back upon what it was that made me choose "ideology x".

Upon reading about and associating oneself with some ideology I believe you always change more or less. At times it may be a case of reading someones words that I already have formulated independently in my own head. At other times it may be new ideas about thing I never even thought about but that makes sense when I read about it. Or thirdly it may be ideas that at first doesnt seem to make sense but overtime as I analyze them they make more and more sense in the grand scheme of things.

And even if the #1 case is true I believe one chnges and develops alot of the interest in the ideology is true and sincere. Because it means that you look deeper into it, ead more about it and about its influences. The mind will add more information and the knowledge about a certain thing will increase. And thats the way it should be and I believe thats a good thing.

Page 3 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.