Page 7 of 8 « First<45678>
Topic Options
#108703 - 09/14/16 11:38 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: Dimitri]
IronWizard Offline
stranger

My external personality has changed slightly throughout the course of the relatively short amount of my life that I've lived. I think the core of my personality has always been the same since early childhood, but I am now more able to express and understand my personality.

I'm not going to go as far as to say I was always a Satanist, but I will say that I had a Luciferian mindset from birth. Becoming a Satanist helped me to recognize that, but it didn't affect my personality.

Edited by IronWizard (09/14/16 11:39 PM)

#109018 - 09/24/16 11:02 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: coelentrate]
Beauregard Offline
lurker

Loc: Alabama
No. Nothing in my world view changed whatsoever, but then again, I'm theistic and have had some experiences that I consider to be "beyond the flesh" and certainly extended my own relationship past that of LaVeyan thought and into my own personal adaptation of satanic thought and philosophy. My personality is the same as when it was when I was a rather rebellious and articulate child.
#109828 - 10/29/16 01:17 AM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: Fist]
Lahatiel Offline
stranger

Loc: hawaii
Yeah, to a degree i have always been a satanist, i just never knew what to call it. So when i discovered TSB and all of it it didnt really change me because that who i already was, I just "came out of the closet" In a sense.

Off and on For years i would go to different christian churches and just not agree with it, feel out of place and different and like nobody else thought the way i did.

#109850 - 10/29/16 09:26 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: Lahatiel]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
Have to agree to a level. My personality has changed in the sense that I am not so nice anymore. By that I mean I don't go out of my way to be extra nice to anyone the way I used to.

For a few years in my mid twenties I had a time where I dedicated myself to a sort of hippy lifestyle, wherein everyone was equally 'accepting' of one another. It was new to me and I tried it out, but I never fully took to it. Some of it bugged me.

What I found out was that people in this mindset are only as acceptable as your conformity to their lifestyle. They really aren't open minded at all. When I said I didn't want to smoke weed, and that I appreciate masculinity, they wanted less and less to do with me.

So I said fuck you. Went my own way.

Later I picked up The Devil's Notebook, said to myself, this guy makes sense.

Its kind of goofy, LaVeyan Satanism that is. I like that he was very basic and on the point, but it doesn't go much further than that.

My personality has been refined in a few ways taking on a satanic perspective. I wouldn't say I've totally changed.

#109881 - 10/30/16 09:51 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: Creatura Noptii]
fiendish Offline

No it didn't. If the world around me changed, that may lead to a change of my personality. Yet, everything changes in a way that it stays the same.

#109892 - 10/31/16 11:49 AM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: fiendish]
Zeno Offline

Personality is the manifestation of the brain. If the brain is full of hormone adrenaline, the personality is fearful and aggressive; if the brain is full of oxytocin, the personality is trusting, sharing and has empathy; if the brain has too much dopamine, the personality is schizophrenic, or too little dopamine, personality is confused, anxious and demotivated. Thoughts, deeds and experiences changes the brain, thus the personality. Satanism comes with the motivation to act and think according to certain ideas, and thus over time brain changes followed by personality.

#110045 - 11/06/16 05:52 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: Zeno]
fiendish Offline

So one could say , "I'm not fearful and aggressive, I'm just full of adrenaline". Or skip the first part and just say, "I'm full of adrenaline". Or just say , "I'm fearful and aggressive". Interesting, isn't it? What I mean is that brain is affected by hormones but the choice derives from the personality. You could even ask what kind of conditions trigger the secretion of certain hormones. You could even conclude to the hypothesis that the above feelings result in the secretion of hormones. This completely reverses the situation. For example, if the personality is fearful and aggressive, the body fills with adrenaline. There are external factors that define the mental state and the secretion of hormones. This factor makes the "option" predominant and not a result of some random events. Furthermore, diversity of hormones suggests that their influence is short-lived and that their effect could not be considered as a change that takes place over time. Thus, Satanism for me is offering a choice without a clash with my personality.

#110059 - 11/07/16 03:34 AM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: fiendish]
Lahatiel Offline
stranger

Loc: hawaii
 Originally Posted By: fiendish
You could even conclude to the hypothesis that the above feelings result in the secretion of hormones. This completely reverses the situation. For example, if the personality is fearful and aggressive, the body fills with adrenaline.

Well id have to disagree with your hypothisis there due to The reason being of mental health problems. As we all know, Certain mental health disorders are directly CAUSED And therefore corrected by Various hormones.

People diagnosed with clinical depression are proved to have imbalances in their dopamine and seratonin levels and often times their condition is greatly improved or even fixed with this.

IF outside forces or their Mood in general CAUSED Their dopamine and seratonin levels to drop initially, Medication to raise it back to a normal level wouldnt help because they havnt decided to be "happy " again.

D

#110265 - 11/14/16 04:38 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: Fist]
Dallas101 Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
From personal experience, yes on some occasions depending on what type of Satanist you are. I was a theistic Satanist for awhile and my whole personality changed. In my case I did listen to some bull crap on the Joy Of Satan website and actually did change my perspective on life, but after awhile I became a Laveyn Satanist because I found that the TSB actually made sense and not some Nazi bullcrap.
So to awnser your question with some advice it is this. Don't believe everything you hear on these so called Theistic, Satanist websites but always challenge whar you hear and be independent.

#110268 - 11/14/16 05:13 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: Dallas101]
theguybb Offline
stranger

No not really when I found out more about what Satanism was I came to realise that I've BEEN following Satanist principles without knowing.

After some reading and homework I came to the conclusion that Satanism fit me rather well so I chose to become a satanist.

IF anything has changed I'm more careful with people when discussing religion due to the stigma, Though 1 close friend knows I'm a satanist I didn't tell he figured it out and nothing has changed thankfully.

Overall I'm happier now than I was when I was just an Atheist.

#116564 - 07/12/18 01:26 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: coelentrate]
calista p. Offline
lurker

to be completely honest, yes. I was raised as a Christian for my entire childhood until I got some smarts and realized it sounded like a bunch of garbage. so i read the Satanic Bible because why not. i was very pleased with what i read and thought it was a very logical standpoint on life itself, rather than preaching fanatical religion and worship. i went from being a complete target, to gradually growing more strong willed after i decided to adopt a satanic lifestyle. a new view on things helped me recognize my true self esteem, a better attitude, motivation and common sense that i had all along. Satanism to me is more like saying "i totally got this" rather than "im nothing, and without god, id never survive." in result, i feel more in balance, in control, give love to the people i care for, the earth i live in as well as animals. but i no longer let people step on me because if they do i see them as worthless and i will stand up for myself. i give everyone a chance, but i don't kiss ass the way i did when i was younger. ill help people i don't know IF it doesn't put me out. small example is if im on a leisurely walk and i see you drop groceries, ill help you pick it up happily and may even chat with you. im just having fun being out and wondering around anyway. but if im sweaty tired and really just wanna get home, i think of my comfort first so ill walk on by.
#116569 - 07/16/18 04:59 AM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: calista p.]
Dark One Offline
pledge

I considered myself to be fairly 'normal' whatever that means when I had no religion at all and now I'm 'even more normal' than I was before as I feel like I'm actually defined as being something rather than as nothing. Knowing what I'm about has given my life some kind of focus and I feel generally much more self contended and happier which a positive change to my personality overall.
#116892 - 08/26/18 06:41 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: coelentrate]
Devil liviD Offline
BANNED
stranger

I was born '86. When a devil walks I realized that it is not so hard to tread a path that was worn out long ago. Pretty much own it all.
#117224 - 10/19/18 01:11 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: Fist]
Kiymo-9 Offline
lurker

When i got my Sigil of Lucifer tattoo, i adopted the attitude as if i was in power. I believe i manifested the idea that i have truly embodied the ecence of Lucifer within my own vessel.
#117225 - 10/19/18 04:09 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: Kiymo-9]
flip Offline
stranger

If someone gets a tattoo...Will the tattoo affect the person?
Ex: Pentagram, upside down cross ect.

Just curious...

Thinking of getting one.... Not sure which one to pick as my first tattoo.

Page 7 of 8 « First<45678>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.