Page 8 of 8 « First<45678
Topic Options
#117226 - 10/19/18 07:05 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: flip]
samowens84 Offline

Of course it will effect you. The energy you put in to it is important, but the Satan in others will likely fear it and challenge you. If you're not prepared for it then the experience will likely do you harm. However, if your goal is to separate yourself from the energy of others it could be useful. Having it in a place no one can see might be amusing. Give you the sly sensation you're getting away with something, and translate into a naughty confidence that can improve your lesser magic skills. Depends on what you plan on getting from it. The energy is there but its your responsibility to decide how to use it to your benefit. Responsibility to the responsible.

If you're looking for the right "satanic" mold for magic your thinking needs refinement regarding what Satanism is. All these symbols are just jumping off points for you to manipulate the magic. Otherwise the symbol becomes the God rather then you, and you're making the tattoo artist or whoever responsible for the energy put in, and that opens you up to a lot of dangerous petty magicians out there.

#118455 - 02/06/19 10:07 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: coelentrate]
TheOperator Offline
stranger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio, United States
No. I think, like most Satanists, I realized I was a Satanist; I did not become one. Now, you can split hairs here because I suppose some folks have read the works of LaVey and decided not to adopt the label, but I've always had a bit of a dark side to me so I found it a bit fun, and fitting, to begin considering myself a Satanist.

I see it much like when I realized I was an Atheist. Did I change, transform or begin to behave differently? No. I simply realized that there was a proper name for what I am. Plenty of people are, in effect, atheists, but choose not to use the label. It's much like that.

#118456 - 02/06/19 11:49 PM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: TheOperator]
aeon6 Offline

Loc: KÝbenhavn, Denmark
It seems then that labels are universally obsolete, if what they describe are mere semblances, subject to the psyche's subjective filters. Can't change the daft labels that society throws about but changing one's filters to navigate their consequences is helpful. Arrive at the point of "I am Me", no label desired.
#118458 - 02/07/19 12:39 AM Re: Did your personality change? [Re: aeon6]
TheOperator Offline
stranger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio, United States
 Originally Posted By: aeon6
It seems then that labels are universally obsolete, if what they describe are mere semblances, subject to the psyche's subjective filters. Can't change the daft labels that society throws about but changing one's filters to navigate their consequences is helpful. Arrive at the point of "I am Me", no label desired.

The only labels that change our behavior truly are ones that are forced upon us e.g. if you are labeled by society as a "criminal" and then are put into prison you are a "prisoner." This is a label put upon you by others that certainly changes your behavior, whether or not you like it.

Either that or if you are trying to live up to the label, e.g. if you read about Satanism and then begin calling yourself a "Satanist" by wearing black, going out at night and hissing at passersby. These people are usually the furthest thing from Satanists and are simply looking for an identity to apply to themselves to makes themselves feel good, which is fine, I guess.

However, reading about a subject and then realizing that there's a label that one can fittingly apply to oneself and then choosing to adopt that label will not necessarily change one's behavior. A realization that you are an Atheist will not necessarily change how you behave, other than maybe changing your topics of conversation or books that you read. However, I don't really think that reading new books changes who you are.

I suppose it all depends on what you mean when you ask if I've changed. Have there been any intense shifts in my personality or behavior since realizing I'm a Satanist? No. Have I read new books or discussed new topics since I've realized I'm a Satanist? Sure. Does that mean I've "changed?" I'd say no.

Page 8 of 8 « First<45678

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.016 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.