Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#30476 - 10/13/09 08:07 AM I want my ashes blown in Uri Geller's eyes
School Bully Offline

Loc: Melbourne
"I want to be cremated," he says with his signature dry, knowing charm. "And I want my ashes blown in Uri Geller's eyes."

The Demystifying Adventures of the Amazing Randi or whether it is morally wrong to let a sucker keep his money.

#30653 - 10/20/09 03:39 PM Re: I want my ashes blown in Uri Geller's eyes [Re: School Bully]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I've seen his handiwork before; it's amazing stuff. I'd gladly be the one to hold Uri Geller down.

It's amusing to see Geller continue to insist on his wild claims of psychic abilities when all he can do is the same tired spoon-bending parlor trick.

#30658 - 10/21/09 12:19 AM Re: I want my ashes blown in Uri Geller's eyes [Re: School Bully]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
One evening at the Magic Castle, I was chatting with another magician about Geller. He said, "Anyone can bend metal. Have you got a quarter?" I gave him one, which he massaged with his fingers a moment, then handed back to me bent 90°. I said, "Aw, you just switched quarters." He said indignantly, "Most certainly not! I'll prove it to you - give me your car keys." I said, "I believe you!"

James Randi is a delightful gentleman and one of my heroes. He has a website here, and you can find him on YouTube as well. He was very helpful when I was taking on some of the fake "ESP"/"remote viewing" government scams, cf. especially his Flim-Flam.

#30675 - 10/21/09 05:37 PM Re: I want my ashes blown in Uri Geller's eyes [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
mattie Offline
pledge

Loc: Lat: 36.081, Lon: -96.179
It's amazing that Geller can still peddle his tricks after his humiliting defeat on The Tonight Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNKmhv9uoiQ

It grieves me a little that he has decided to end the million dollar challenge, but I find "The Amazing Randi" to be a very admirable individual. I would be deeply honored to be the one blowing his ashes into Geller's eyes.

#30678 - 10/21/09 07:40 PM Re: I want my ashes blown in Uri Geller's eyes [Re: mattie]
Jake999 Offline

Years ago, before be came to America and began playing the cantankerous doctor on HOUSE, Hugh Laurie was a comedian in England. Here is a spoof he did on Uri Geller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUxWdIQVT_c

I've seen several of these "psychic wunderkind" exposed on TV over the past several decades, and some have been wise enough just to step down gracefully. Others seem to think it will all blow over and just keep on with their schtick.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.011 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.