Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3108 - 01/02/08 11:33 PM Re: Question? [Re: Octavius]
Zakary Offline
pledge

I think you have received some good answers here. I would google the name 'Blanche Barton' and read up on her involvement in the church.
The CoS is just like any other political/religious entity.
What the CoS may have been like under LaVeys guidance is most likely going to be different under someone else’s.
I personally wouldn't get too caught up in a quest for orthodoxy. There are a few that are claiming orthodoxy, such as the 'order of nine angles'. However, once you analyse and dissect the literature of these groups you find once again they have based much of their material on the likes of Lovecraft.
Remember, Satanism is about empowerment NOT submission to so called orthodox groups. This is in fact the model mainstream religions use; only 'we' have the correct understanding, only 'we' know the right way, only 'we' can save you.
You can tell any member from the CoS or any other group for that matter that 'I will do and believe as I please'.

'Fuck pseudo Satanic Christian types out to save you and the world'!
LaVey reinforced one powerful message in his bible 'YOU ARE YOUR OWN REDEEMER'.

#3112 - 01/03/08 12:44 AM Re: Question? [Re: Zakary]
x.emo.danny.x Offline
stranger

I might add that although much info is available via the web, there does seem to be an element of secrecy. I feel alot of times a chunk of info is missing. Also the histories can be rather vague.
#3119 - 01/03/08 01:14 PM Re: Question? [Re: foras]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
If a group claiming to be enlightened edits/deletes any questions in regards to that group, it isn't interested in personal growth. It is interested in maintaining a status quo whereby you just play follow the leader or get banned.

Yes, there was a major fallout after his death.
Thus a seperate organization was created.
Its not the first time there was a split within the group.
Yes, that group headquarters moved to nyc.
The other headquarters is still in San Fransico.

You have to decide by reading and researching what you want to believe or take to heart.
Look into reading the 2 different introduction to the Satanic Bible. One written and approved by the Anton verses the one written and changed after his death.

You dont have to be a member of any group to be a Satanist.
Only you can decide who you are and what anything means to you.
I am personally for self growth, questioning ideas, and personal evolution of oneself.

I am not fond of groups where I am told to shut up or be banned.
Black sheep are still just black colored sheep.

Good Luck in your journey,
Morgan

#3127 - 01/03/08 05:56 PM Re: Question? [Re: Octavius]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
I found a way you could help!

You see my back has been hurting lately, probably from some stupid thing I did over the holidays... but I have a great idea:

First, send me $200.

Next, since my back has been hurting, I really could use a massage. I think the "Massage of Satan" sounds just lovely - I'll bet it would just get all those kinks out lickety-split.

(p.s. - that wasn't meant for you, Octavius... unless you have some shiatsu training...)

Edited by daevid777 (01/03/08 05:59 PM)

#3133 - 01/03/08 08:28 PM Re: Question? [Re: x.emo.danny.x]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
 Quote:
I might add that although much info is available via the web, there does seem to be an element of secrecy. I feel alot of times a chunk of info is missing.

In marketing that is called a 'tease.' And for a mere $200 you too can learn the secret and ancient ways of Satan!

Yes Sir, yes madam! Step right up and view the all powerful Satan! Just two bits gets you a peak behind the curtain!

There is a sucker born every minute and one every hour to lead those sixty....

You can find this show between the sword swallower and the tattooed lady.

All the same, it is still cheaper than what the Scientologists are charging.

#3141 - 01/04/08 04:42 PM Re: Question? [Re: Fist]
Soluna666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Canada
Anton LaVey learned a lot in the carny. Yes there is a sucker born every minute.

Crowley was the same way. They both gave people exactly what they were looking for. And people paid them for it.

L.Ron Hubbard was a master of manipulation. He even fooled Parsons.

#3147 - 01/05/08 03:00 PM Re: Question? [Re: Morgan]
foras Offline
stranger

Morgan,
Thank you very much for your response, I really appreciated it. You all here at the 600 club have been a great help. Here is what I've found which was a big help for me. The First Satanic Church was created on October 31, 1999, by Karla LaVey, the elder daughter of Anton LaVey (1930-1997), the founder of the Church of Satan. Following his death, the church was involved in an extensive controversy and litigation over the future of the church and the inheritance of LaVey's possessions. Blanche Barton, LaVey's secretary, emerged as the person in control of the church. Among those who did not accept Barton's leadership was Karla LaVey.

It is LaVey's opinion that much had been lost within the Church of Satan since her father's death. The First Satanic Church is an effort to revive the Church of Satan as she knew it at an earlier time.
Thank you all for your time.
HAIL SATAN!

#3151 - 01/05/08 04:53 PM Re: Question? [Re: foras]
xear Administrator Offline
Admin

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
 Quote:
It is LaVey's opinion that much had been lost within the Church of Satan since her father's death. The First Satanic Church is an effort to revive the Church of Satan as she knew it at an earlier time.

Bingo.

- R

#3342 - 01/11/08 01:49 PM Re: Question? [Re: Octavius]
Bridgett Leavitt Offline
stranger

Loc: somewhere on this giant dirt b...
HA HA HA, fuckin Octavious is crackin me up today.Perhaps "foras" should find out the requiremants of becomeing a member of The Satanic Church....before you question becomeing a member. I know that if you know nothing "concrete" about Satanism, what you claim to believe, then no "church" would exept you anyways. nevermind sending the money to Octavious, send it me.....I need some new tires on my car.
#3394 - 01/12/08 03:31 PM Re: Question? [Re: Bridgett Leavitt]
foras Offline
stranger

I know all!

#3496 - 01/15/08 03:51 PM Re: Question? [Re: foras]
Satanic Zealot Offline
stranger

Loc: St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
For me Satanism is just a guideline to live my life by. I learn from it and use what it teaches in my daily life. At first I was interested in joining the Satanic Church but then I thought of how it would benefit me, which it really wouldn't. So now I just live my own rules, based upon those taught in the Satanic Bible.

#3562 - 01/17/08 06:20 PM Re: Question? [Re: Satanic Zealot]
foras Offline
stranger

I agree with you fully and the more I learn the more I'm seeing.

#3576 - 01/17/08 10:44 PM Re: Question? [Re: foras]
Veldrin Offline
pledge

Loc: Melbourne, Australia.
The way I see it, the guy's dead. There's no way possible to tell if he would "approve" of a) the current paths of his split church or b) your actions.

So why bother with it? Choose whatever, but I doubt anyone is currently doing what ol' Anton would've done. Times change.

Originally Posted By: Soluna666

L.Ron Hubbard was a master of manipulation. He even fooled Parsons.

Not to mention Cruise. How good do ya have to be to slide a fast one under his nose?

Edited by Veldrin (01/17/08 10:46 PM)

#3584 - 01/18/08 07:00 PM Re: Question? [Re: Veldrin]
foras Offline
stranger

Yes exactly, and not just one split. I mean,
The Temple of set, Church of Satan, First Church of Satan, First Satanic Church, Temple of The Vampire and so many others claiming there right's to the throne.
I just keep researching and soon I will make up my own mind.

#3600 - 01/20/08 02:12 PM Re: Question? [Re: foras]
Noc Offline
pledge

Loc: Delaware
Dark Greetings

Every Satanist is the ruler of his or her own throne. You don't need to follow in any of The Temple of set, Church of Satan, First Church of Satan, First Satanic Church, Temple of The Vampire footsteps. You don't need to belong to any of those groups to find the truths in Satanism. If its your true calling you will find the true meaning all on your own.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.