Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3604 - 01/20/08 04:52 PM Re: Question? [Re: Noc]
foras Offline
stranger

Quote:
If its your true calling you will find the true meaning all on your own.

I,am sure learning that! I also understand much more
day by day and night by night.
But also these organization I believe would have a inner circle
making them very political and religious. At the same time.

HAIL SATAN!

#3799 - 02/02/08 11:54 PM Re: Question? [Re: foras]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
This is dumb. I'm having it off (in a bad way) with Lilee of the First Church of Satan. What does everyone here think about this "Church..."

~~352~~

#3813 - 02/03/08 01:41 PM Re: Question? [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Noc Offline
pledge

Loc: Delaware
I've met a few who are CoS members and they seem to enjoy it and to be involved in some kind of structured group. They have others in the group to fall back on when they need them and to help them along there chosen path. I personally have always enjoyed being solitary rather to be in a structured group due to some people who get the power trips from being head of a ritual.

But that isn't always the case but I am more comfortable with doing rituals on my own so that I can focus all my intent into what magick I'm working on instead of focusing on others as well.

I feel that it is up to each individual to make that choice if they want to join the church, but I don't think one needs to be a part of a church to be a satanist or witch to be who they are.

I figure I've got along just fine and have grown a lot on my own in the past 20 + years without the support of a structured church setting. I think if you join and it feels right to you then great, but if you join and it feels off and you stay just to fit in then thats not for that person.

Life is about experiences and we each have our own path to follow and I say do whatever makes each person happy and if that means joining a church or not is an experience you'll have to try to see if its right or not.

#3817 - 02/03/08 02:18 PM Re: Question? [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Sven Offline
stranger

Jugding just from their website it seems like a joke in my view. Their "invatation only rule" reminds of when little kids create "clubs" and they would make themselfs feel better because only the cool kids could be in it. I watched a interview with the head of the First Church of Satan and he was less then impressive in it.

#3829 - 02/03/08 09:09 PM Re: Question? [Re: Sven]
L Fern Tej Offline
pledge

Loc: Las Vegas, NV. (u.s.)
here are some pretty interesting articals on the subject.
i didn't bother researching there authenticity, but a good read none the less.
a letter from Blanche Barton regarding Karla LaVey's actions;
http://www.purgingtalon.com/nlm/cosletter.htm

regarding the black house, and the dispute between Barton and k. LaVey;
http://www.rickross.com/reference/satanism/satanism32.html
 Originally Posted By: Sven
Jugding just from their website it seems like a joke in my view. Their "invatation only rule" reminds of when little kids create "clubs" and they would make themselfs feel better because only the cool kids could be in it. I watched a interview with the head of the First Church of Satan and he was less then impressive in it.

i agree, so if you want access to the website...
http://churchofsatan.tv/library.html
just navigate from there \:\)

#3842 - 02/04/08 04:28 PM Re: Question? [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
The splash page to their website speaks it all to me...

~T~

#3861 - 02/05/08 02:00 PM Re: Question? [Re: ta2zz]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
I have to say, I was tempted to join the Church of Satan at first. Now I've looked into it, I think I'll just stick to being a Satanist, but in an individual sense. If I feel that joining an organisation is for me, it'll be a Satanic organisation that actually carries on the work of LaVey rather than use his name to gain members, as it seems that the CoS only want people to believe in what THEY believe a Satanist should believe (damn, that's a mouthful), rather than let their members make up their own minds on their interpretation of true Satanism (I hope this doesn't get misinterpreted as letting people interpret Satanism as devil worship, as that is now what I mean).

The only time I'll correspond with the CoS is if I need something like a Baphomet pendant or ritual robes. Unless I can get it elsewhere, that's the only place I'll use for materials.

#3877 - 02/05/08 08:26 PM Re: Question? [Re: L Fern Tej]
Sven Offline
stranger

http://www.churchofsatan.org

I love the intro page picture, it says so much too much probably.

Also if you go to Youtube type in "In Search of Satan" you'll find his interview I mentioned earlier.

L Fern Tej your right the articles were very interesting and parts of it amusing. I found personally the "hoping for a dark savoir part" as such.

#3879 - 02/05/08 08:58 PM Re: Question? [Re: DistroyA]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: DistroyA
I have to say, I was tempted to join the Church of Satan at first. Now I've looked into it, I think I'll just stick to being a Satanist, but in an individual sense. If I feel that joining an organisation is for me, it'll be a Satanic organisation that actually carries on the work of LaVey rather than use his name to gain members, as it seems that the CoS only want people to believe in what THEY believe a Satanist should believe (damn, that's a mouthful), rather than let their members make up their own minds on their interpretation of true Satanism (I hope this doesn't get misinterpreted as letting people interpret Satanism as devil worship, as that is now what I mean).

The only time I'll correspond with the CoS is if I need something like a Baphomet pendant or ritual robes. Unless I can get it elsewhere, that's the only place I'll use for materials.

Yeah, most Satanists I know make their own organization.
FYI, I was actually asking about the FIRST Church of Satan, which is a different bucket of chicken from the Church of Satan.

I was arguing with "Lord Egan" aka John because his people had said something to the affect that Anton LaVey was an unoriginal thief who stole shit from Crowley (as if Crowley wasn't second hand). There whole yahoo group (what their church has become) ganged up on me and began defending Crowley. Then I said the only people ripping anyone off were John and Lilee. Thats when the Lordship himself came out. I used his Churchofsatan.org and Churchofsatan.tv as two examples of obvious rip offs. I don't want to bore any one here...

~~352~~

#3891 - 02/05/08 11:05 PM Re: Question? [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Sven Offline
stranger

Somewhat relating to this, but why did he stop using the "Lord Egan" persona?

#3893 - 02/05/08 11:22 PM Re: Question? [Re: Sven]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Prolly cuz it was just plain retarded? There's this whole essay by his wife who explains why they "Lord Egan" had to die... I didn't bother reading it.

~~352~~

#3894 - 02/05/08 11:22 PM Re: Question? [Re: Sven]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Only one hand feeding... I had seen this before all it takes is a search... Next time try http://www.google.com ... This was found under death of lord Egan...

Why Egan had to Die

Enjoy the read...

~T~

#3896 - 02/05/08 11:34 PM Re: Question? [Re: ta2zz]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Awe... how tragic. Like Paul Ruben and Pee Wee Herman. Sound like he had no life? I'm dumb.

~~352~~

#3897 - 02/05/08 11:41 PM Re: Question? [Re: ta2zz]
Sven Offline
stranger

Actually had some trouble reading it. Which my reason for asking Im not sure if its my dislexica or her writing (I'll say my fault). I took it as it was just time for a change when I read it before I posted and was wondering if I had misread it or not. Probably should have added that in the post, stupid me.

#3899 - 02/06/08 12:04 AM Re: Question? [Re: Sven]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Actually had some trouble reading it. Which my reason for asking Im not sure if its my dislexica or her writing (I'll say my fault). I took it as it was just time for a change when I read it before I posted and was wondering if I had misread it or not. Probably should have added that in the post, stupid me.

LOL! I had a hard time reading her writing too. It's not your fault; unless we're both undereducated and illiterate. I took it as this guy who didn't like himself so he created a new playful personality to be Lord of a grandioso church; and he spent so much time as his new personality that he went kinda crazy, like schitzo, and had a mental break down, and his church all fell apart, and then he had to go into semi retirement. He had all these big dreams... its sad Sven. Its like an Phantom of the Operah; but more "Satanic."

~~352~~

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.