Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#30779 - 10/25/09 06:49 PM "The Men Who Stare At Goats"
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
This lunatic book is just about to be released as an equally lunatic movie.

Throughout my life I have studied magic: stage, White, and Black. In the vernacular of the Temple of Set, these Army escapades are a jumbled mixture of the first two, functioning in various combinations of the powers of suggestion, hypnosis, and misdirection. All these can be applied towards other people, but also [accidentally or deliberately] towards oneself. They can be undertaken innocently/ignorantly, or with intention and skill. They can be used to entertain, as in the ethical profession of stage magic. Some people try to use them to defraud, to frighten, and/or to hurt. Both extremes, and a considerable grey area between them, have been in play since antiquity, of course.

As per my "$20M Up in Smoke [& Mirrors]" paper, the only adverse impact of the CIA/Army romp down this garden path has been financial, and $20M evaporates every day for far less frisky & fun reasons. Now it all should make for a lively movie to boot!

It's Black Magic that is far more powerful and, in na´ve or unethical hands, seriously dangerous. At the time I wrote "MindWar", I was speculating that what we call Lesser Black Magic (LBM) might have a future in the Army as a sort of "metaPSYOP". Those were the days of the Carter Administration, whose climate was benign and humanitarian, and I came very close to taking MindWar "one step beyond" that whimsical paper. Among other things my research into Soviet experimentation, made possible through the extensive files of Michael Murphy's & Steve Donovan's Transformation Project (discussed herein), impressed me that the USSR was then very active in this field, much more methodical than the USA [see for example this], and most ominously focusing specifically upon Black Magic in Mirza's secret Laboratory #4.

Then came the Reagan Administration. The notion of LBM activated in the government thereafter became scary, and is all the more unthinkable in today's "Terrorism!" hysterimania:

Originally Posted By: "Captain Nemo"
Think of it. On the surface there is hunger and fear. Men still exercise unjust laws. They fight, tear one another to pieces. A mere few feet beneath the waves their reign ceases, their evil drowns. Here on the ocean floor is the only independence. Here I am free! Imagine what would happen if they controlled machines such as this submarine boat. Far better that they think there's a monster and hunt me with harpoons.

So I am quite glad that the CIA and the Army just pleasured themselves with spoonbending, "remote viewing", and goatgazing. [BTW staring down a domesticated goat/violating its proxemic space is nothing - just "threatens" and then unnerves the goat. Try that with a wild wolf or a tiger sometime and it won't be the animal who loses. I visit with wolf packs in a sanctuary Lilith & I help to support, and averting even the most fleeting eye contact is highly recommended for one's good health.]

#30780 - 10/25/09 07:07 PM Re: "The Men Who Stare At Goats" [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

I saw the trailer for the THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS today for the first time and INGO SWANN snapped into my mind. Being that all of his "exploits" were taking place during the time of the new age hysteria, the whole remote viewing exercise with the Army/CIA wasn't surprising.

Apparently the godless commies were doing the same kinds of tests with the KGB, but for nefarious purposes, where ours were only for Democracy and Freedom against the oppressions of ... pre Patriot Act, anyway. Last I saw, they managed to get a bunch of squiggles onto white paper and somehow determine that the remote viewing of hostile facilities could be a great asset to the intelligence community... duh... IF IT WAS MORE THAN SQUIGGLES, MAYBE!!!

I'm pretty sure Ingo Swann is still alive today, somewhere. Goats tremble at his name.

#30827 - 10/26/09 11:21 PM Re: "The Men Who Stare At Goats" [Re: Jake999]
Prometheus9 Offline
stranger

Yeap, still out there

http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.016 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.