Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#30833 - 10/27/09 02:03 AM Re: A Little Clarification Please. [Re: Noodler13]
Ordo Ad Chaos Offline
stranger

Loc: Greeneville, TN
You're welcome, thank you for the appreciation.

Now, concerning respect: I agree, it is to be earned and not given, but you stepped into our territory, my friend. As you are unaware, in the "Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth", rule no. 3 states "When in anotherís lair, show him respect or else do not go there." We show it, therefore we demand it.

If I were to come into your house, I would respect you and your right to respect in your own home and would follow any rules you presented to me. But, we aren't talking about your house, we are talking about ours. Satanic Club, Satanic Members, Satanic Rules. We have rules and regulations here, both set by the admins here, and our own individual codes of morality. We expect you to adhere to them.

PS: If you make a joke that sounds disrespectful in nature and is not meant to be so, I might suggest adding an "emoticon" or two after each "joke", to alleviate our disdain. Due to the limitations of the internet, we aren't allowed the ability to view body language, which without makes the difficulty of determining one's mood very grand. Just a friendly heads up.

#30835 - 10/27/09 09:14 AM Re: A Little Clarification Please. [Re: Ordo Ad Chaos]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Sir,

Although I whole heartedly agree with your response about respect as such, I would like to add, that this really isn't "our" house, "our territory," or "our" rules here.

"We" do not own this website. The place actually belongs to Xear, and it is his in his domain that we are guests in. All of us. It is his rules that we do our best to abide by.

It may not be wise for one guest to speak for all of us other guests, even if we do agree with your opinion.

"Our kind," might get a bit ticked off, when others (even of our kind) attempt to represent us. ;\)

#30836 - 10/27/09 09:39 AM Re: A Little Clarification Please. [Re: Asmedious]

Aww crap. I think I over reacted in that last post, and misunderstood somewhat the person whom I was responding to. It seems they weren't referring to this website as "ours" but someone outside of Satanism, coming among Satanists.

FUCK! I HATE EATING CROW...but non the less....

...Appologies.

There I said it, now fuck off everyone ;\)

Edited by Asmedious (10/27/09 09:40 AM)

#30842 - 10/27/09 12:05 PM Re: A Little Clarification Please. [Re: Asmedious]
Ordo Ad Chaos Offline
stranger

Not a problem, Asmedious.

I re-read my post and saw where you were originally coming from. My deepest apologies to those who read this and think I'm trying to speak for all. Most certainly not the case. Just trying to give a little insight to the new guy about respect among the elite, and whether traditional or modern, I think all can agree on respect.

#30843 - 10/27/09 12:46 PM Re: A Little Clarification Please. [Re: Ordo Ad Chaos]

I believe that this is one of the few forums on the internet where many truly fit the title "elite." Which is evident by the ability of most members to address the subject at hand, and to not take offense on a personal level. Cheers.

To get back on track...

I work in a type of area, where political correctness is paramount. The idea of having "Respect" for the point of view of others is constantly hammered into our brains.

This is understandable since we have thousands of people from all walks of life working together, and trivial disagreements over certain views such as religion, sexual orientation, equal rights, and all that shit can turn into major confrontations if not curtailed.

(Of course my coworkers and I constantly harass each other sexually, and make fun of each other in every imaginable way...but we still have to be careful so that those on the outside of our Klick (sp?) don't over hear.)

My main objection to the idea of "Respect" comes from what I see as the bastardization and mis-use of the term.

Instead of the word "respect," I believe the ideas behind it would be easier to swallow, if it was replaced with the word "Tolerance."

I will NEVER respect someoneís religious views, and I sure as hell will never in anyway or form respect Islam.

However....I will tolerate them all to the extent where I have no choice but to co-exist with them, and as long as they do not attempt to intrude into my personal way life.

I may on the other hand respect certain individuals who practice any of those moronic beliefs ;\) depending on their actions and how well we get along in other aspects of our existence.

Just my two additional cents worth towards the terms Respect vs Tolerance. I do believe there is a big difference between the two.

#30844 - 10/27/09 01:26 PM Re: A Little Clarification Please. [Re: Asmedious]
Ordo Ad Chaos Offline
stranger

Hmmmm. I think I can see where you're coming from. RESPECT for another's religion is damn near impossible, especially if you don't care for the moral code it has. But TOLERANCE for it's followers is almost a necessity. We wouldn't coexist well without tolerance (believe you me, I know. I live smack dab in the bible-belt). So aside from succeeding from our native lands and creating a giant Satanic island and living only amongst our selves (which I'm not against!! ) I think there's no other way.

But when I go to church with my grandparents (kicking and screaming all the way, lol) I show respect to the congregation, the minister, etc, not only for my grandparents, but as a guest amongst them. ... I'm not sure if that made as much sense to anyone as it did me. I guess let me clarify what I call "respect", and beware, it's probably really southern, ha ha.

In the church scenario, I stand when the minister says to, I bow my head for prayer, I take communion, I meet-and-greet with the congregation at the behest of my grandparents. Now, I'm almost 20 years-old. I don't HAVE to go to church, I don't WANT to go, but on the rare special occasion (Christmas, Easter, etc.) I humor my grandparents and put on my Sunday's Best. Now my "participation" in church is most certainly a facade, but my respect for the church-goers as PEOPLE and not CHRISTIANS is not.

Now had Noodler come in here, humbled himself before us, asked us his questions, recieved his answers, and went on his merry way and not tried to be clever and end up making an ass out of himself, then I wouldn't have objected one bit, but Harry Potter allusions are not on my list of tolerances.

#31285 - 11/05/09 01:35 AM Re: A Little Clarification Please. [Re: Asmedious]
Master Magick Offline
pledge

Loc: New York, USA
 Originally Posted By: Asmedious
 Quote:
How do you make a ice cream cone?
First you get a cone. Then you get a scoop. Dip the scoop in the ice cream. Put ice cream on the cone.

Actually you're wrong Jake. That is how you put ice-cream into a cone.

To make an ice-cream cone you first have to get the recepie for wafers. Either sugar wafers or regular wafers.
Mix that up, and roll the dough into a cone shape. THEN you bake it.

Now that's how you make an icecream-CONE.

Guess I will now have to start my own Church of the Cone, for people who actually get it!!

Ok, what I really wanna know is... Where do I send money to get my Church of the Cone card and what flavors do they come in?

p.s. are sprinkles available and what about the temple of the Banana Splits?

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.