Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#31146 - 11/02/09 10:03 PM obama and aids/hiv travel
frazier Offline
stranger

Loc: daphne,alabama,us
obama has recently said that he is going to lift the ban on people infected with aids being able to enter the country.this will allow foreigners with aids and hiv to enter the us.as a country with a wide spread infected rate as it is i think that it is unwise.i understand that people want to leave tyranny and oppression to be in a more free country but this is going to increase the aids epidemic.i, until there is a better control/cure for this virus,think we should not allow them in.think of all the guys and girls who love exotic accents and cultures in our country and the need that every human has for intimacy.it would be hard for one of these newcomers to resist therefor spreading the disease even further all in all i say lets get our problem under control before we let a random amount of people come here.
#31149 - 11/02/09 10:29 PM Re: obama and aids/hiv travel [Re: frazier]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Can you direct us to your source of information on this.

First off, I was not aware that people who enter the U.S.A, were required to be tested for HIV.

My family had several people visit here recently, and as far as I know, non of them were tested.

#31150 - 11/02/09 11:27 PM Re: obama and aids/hiv travel [Re: Asmedious]
frazier Offline
stranger

http://news.aol.com/article/obama-to-lift-hivaids-travel-ban/745120
#31151 - 11/02/09 11:36 PM Re: obama and aids/hiv travel [Re: frazier]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

AIDS is relatively simple to avoid. Don't go around fucking everyone you meet and don't use IV drugs. If you feel the need to be a slut at least wear a condom and if you have to get high by sticking a needle in your arm at least use a clean one everytime. There are other ways of contracting it but the risks are minimal and actual instances of infection by these means are rare.

#31154 - 11/02/09 11:50 PM Re: obama and aids/hiv travel [Re: frazier]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Thank you for the link. I was totally unaware of such a policy. Live and learn I guess.

#31155 - 11/02/09 11:58 PM Re: obama and aids/hiv travel [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
frazier Offline
stranger

no problem i was actually shocked to learn of this policy as well.
#31156 - 11/02/09 11:59 PM Re: obama and aids/hiv travel [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
frazier Offline
stranger

that is true but sometime things happen condoms break...and by allowing more in the risk of creating an even worse epedemic is greatly increased.
#31157 - 11/03/09 12:07 AM Re: obama and aids/hiv travel [Re: frazier]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

There are still ways to avoid it. Now I am not saying that I want a bunch of AIDS infected people running around but there are steps one can take to protect themself and if they choose not to take these steps while knowing the risks then they get what's coming to them. Responsibility to the responsible.

#31158 - 11/03/09 12:28 AM Re: obama and aids/hiv travel [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Honestly, if they visit, they are going to stay.
Our healthcare system isn't the best in the world, but compared to the rest of the world it's better than most, and even better if they can get into it for free.

I believe it was originally passed to keep out the HIV positive
people from Haiti, that were sneaking in.

We the taxpayers are going to end up footing the medical bills.
Yeah, we are screwed again.

M.

#31160 - 11/03/09 01:02 AM Re: obama and aids/hiv travel [Re: Morgan]
frazier Offline
stranger

i think the u.s. as a country should have had some kind of say in this i mean fuck when did this become part of his agenda for our ever failinfg health carw to become even more over burdened
#38780 - 05/24/10 06:25 PM Re: obama and aids/hiv travel [Re: frazier]
Wijesin Offline
stranger

I think you can relax on this one, Frazier. There is probably a need to be tested if you're an immigrant and come from a country that is blinking red on an epidemologist's map. It is illegal in most countries, and definetly in the US, to expose others to contagion if you can at all help it. I don't think a few HIV-positive immigrants will increase risks in any significant way. As a general rule of thumb, diseases or disablities are bad enough in themselves. No need to discriminate needlessly. The way to handle the HIV-problem is educating people how to avoid risk, to employ harm-reduction strategies, and not getting into a panick, moral or otherwise.

Just take precautions. Condoms don't fail much with correct use. And even a failed condom - from a contraceptive point of view - will likely offer some protection from HIV. Stick with an established brand.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.