Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3131 - 01/03/08 07:37 PM Big Ol' Mess
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Here's a meal that has almost everything. It is cheap, versatile, easy to make, and tastes good. I usually make it on the grill. But you can easily do it in a skillet too. You can serve it as an appetizer or as a main course. You can double or triple it with ease to serve a larger crowd. You can add all kinds of personal touches to it. Enjoy.

1 lb smoked sausage, cut into chunks
3 jalapeno peppers, sliced
1 green pepper, cut into bite sized chunks
1 sweet onion, cut into bite sized chunks
1/4 cup hot sauce
1 10oz jar sweet and sour sauce
1 foil cooking bag (store bought or home made)

To make the foil bag just rip off a sheet or two(I recommend two) of aluminum foil. Plop ingredients in the center. Cover with another sheet or two. Fold and crimp the edges together to seal and form a bag.

Begin by making the foil bag. Place the sausage, peppers, and onion in the center. In a small bowl, mix the sweet and sour sauce and hot sauce together. Pour over the mix in the bag and coat. Seal the bag tightly. Throw on a medium grill for about 45 minutes. Turn every 15 minutes. Remove and serve. It can be served right from the bag for easy clean up or put in a fancy dish for presentation. Serves four as a main course.

Try it with different sausages. Use varying degrees of hot sauce and different brands. Each will give it a different taste. Also try different peppers. When you don't want to bother with the grill, use a cast iron skillet and the stove top.

#3579 - 01/17/08 11:17 PM Re: Big Ol' Mess [Re: fakepropht]
Veldrin Offline
pledge

Loc: Melbourne, Australia.
Sounds good, nice and spicy too. I'll give it a go when I can and let you know what I think.
#9655 - 06/17/08 06:38 AM Re: Big Ol' Mess [Re: Veldrin]
LucidDayDream Offline
stranger

Loc: Canada B.C.
Omg yummm!! That sounds delicious, I'm gonna try that on my next camping trip.. thanks for the recipe!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.013 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.