Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3131 - 01/03/08 07:37 PM Big Ol' Mess
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Here's a meal that has almost everything. It is cheap, versatile, easy to make, and tastes good. I usually make it on the grill. But you can easily do it in a skillet too. You can serve it as an appetizer or as a main course. You can double or triple it with ease to serve a larger crowd. You can add all kinds of personal touches to it. Enjoy.

1 lb smoked sausage, cut into chunks
3 jalapeno peppers, sliced
1 green pepper, cut into bite sized chunks
1 sweet onion, cut into bite sized chunks
1/4 cup hot sauce
1 10oz jar sweet and sour sauce
1 foil cooking bag (store bought or home made)

To make the foil bag just rip off a sheet or two(I recommend two) of aluminum foil. Plop ingredients in the center. Cover with another sheet or two. Fold and crimp the edges together to seal and form a bag.

Begin by making the foil bag. Place the sausage, peppers, and onion in the center. In a small bowl, mix the sweet and sour sauce and hot sauce together. Pour over the mix in the bag and coat. Seal the bag tightly. Throw on a medium grill for about 45 minutes. Turn every 15 minutes. Remove and serve. It can be served right from the bag for easy clean up or put in a fancy dish for presentation. Serves four as a main course.

Try it with different sausages. Use varying degrees of hot sauce and different brands. Each will give it a different taste. Also try different peppers. When you don't want to bother with the grill, use a cast iron skillet and the stove top.
Beer, the reason I get up every afternoon.

#3579 - 01/17/08 11:17 PM Re: Big Ol' Mess [Re: fakepropht]
Veldrin Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia.
Sounds good, nice and spicy too. I'll give it a go when I can and let you know what I think.
#9655 - 06/17/08 06:38 AM Re: Big Ol' Mess [Re: Veldrin]
LucidDayDream Offline

Loc: Canada B.C.
Omg yummm!! That sounds delicious, I'm gonna try that on my next camping trip.. thanks for the recipe!
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge..
Others just gargle..

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.013 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.