Page 2 of 7 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#31575 - 11/11/09 10:45 PM Re: Music Divine? [Re: JWG]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
In my opinion, music is neither black nor white magic.
Simply because the terms mean nothing in the whole scheme of things.

Music can move and stir the individual's "soul".

It doesn't depend on the type or context (of the music), it is a personal experience that may be shared during a communal experience or felt in the dark alone in your own bed.

This is why during events Queen's anthems can move a crowd to explode, why a lullaby can sooth a screaming child, and why a good group of musicians can jam without knowing where the next notes will come from.

As Ta2zz put it earlier we are born to a rhythm, and when we die, that rhythm ceases.

M

#31576 - 11/11/09 11:41 PM Re: Music Divine? [Re: Morgan]
Ankhhape Offline
Banned
pledge

Originally Posted By: Morgan
In my opinion, music is neither black nor white magic.
Simply because the terms mean nothing in the whole scheme of things.

Music can move and stir the individual's "soul".

It doesn't depend on the type or context (of the music), it is a personal experience that may be shared during a communal experience or felt in the dark alone in your own bed.

This is why during events Queen's anthems can move a crowd to explode, why a lullaby can sooth a screaming child, and why a good group of musicians can jam without knowing where the next notes will come from.

As Ta2zz put it earlier we are born to a rhythm, and when we die, that rhythm ceases.

M

Thank you Morgana,

I wish to ask you your definition of soul?

#31580 - 11/12/09 12:46 AM Re: Music Divine? [Re: Ankhhape]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Fuck Fuck Fuck, I knew you were gonna ask me that in a one line post. You are getting really bad with the one line posts lately.

I almost bet money on you doing this.

I think a person's "soul" is in their seat of intelligence.
Their brain.

It is the thing that makes you, you.
Your feelings, passions, rhythms, drives, desires, intelligence, and abilities.

When its damaged, injured, or even aged, you change, and sometimes you may be physically alive, but inside "you & your soul" are gone.

Empty eyes, empty windows, empty people, empty souls, check some nursing homes out if you need further proof.

Morgan

#31600 - 11/12/09 06:39 PM Re: Music Divine? [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Ankhhape Offline
Banned
pledge

Damn damn damn . . . I didn't mean to type a one liner again!!!
Anyway, thanks for the input everyone.

The Music of the Spheres dates back to the Pythagorean School (600 B.C.) and has its root in the idea that everything in the Universe was created from vibration. Hence, all the planets rotating had a prime frequency it sounded along with an eternity of overtones, all the planets combined create this Composition of the Universe so to speak.

Interesting is the myth of 'The Word' or as I understand it The Primordial Vibration: It has been called the Word in the Judeo-Christian Bible, Hindu Scriptures call it Naad and Shruti, Persian scriptures Sraosha, Kalma in Muslim scriptures, ‘the Sonorous Light' in Buddhism, Naam or Shabd by the Sikhs, in Patanjali Yoga Darshan, the God/dess Ishwara is a Being expressed by this original vibration (Pranav) and Madam Helen Blavatsky and the Theosophists call it ‘the Voice of Silence'.

It is interesting to note the similarities between the above word ‘Pranav' in this case denoting the personification of the Primordial Vibration and the word ‘prana' which is the life force within us.Though the most famous and enduring name we know it as is probably by OM.

From Blavatsky's article entitled ‘AUM' in the Theosophy literature ‘Path' [April 1886 issue p.6, Vol. I], the article mentions the first sound as Aum and describes it as a Divine Resonance, a power that manifests itself into being. This self manifesting power? can be traced back to Ancient Egypt (Kemet) as the Primeval God Amon creates Himself from the black waters of Nun.

In 1965 at Bell Laboratories in New Jersey, two radio astronomers, Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson, developed a well-calibrated-hypersensitive, 20-foot horn-shaped antenna. The antenna was designed to detect radio waves bounced off echo balloon satellites.

No matter where they pointed this antenna at the sky, they heard the same hum. This was not their expected result. Penzias and Wilson thought they had made a mistake. They even considered the possibility that it was due to "a white dielectric substance" (pigeon droppings) in their horn. Their puzzling findings were published in a famous paper, Excess Antenna Temperature at 4080 Mc/s. Penzias and Wilson were radio astronomers, with expertise in electronics rather than cosmology.

It soon came to their attention through Robert Dicke and Jim Peebles at Princeton that this unexpected noise, this background radiation, had been predicted years earlier by George Gamow as a relic of the evolution of the early Universe. Penzias and Wilson had, in fact, accidentally discovered the Cosmic Background Radiation, the fingerprint of the early Universe, the echo of the Big Bang. In 1978 Messrs Penzias and Wilson were awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics for their discovery.

The Cosmic Background Radiation is a residual vibration from the explosion of the Big Bang, vibrating at a frequency of 4080 Mega Hertz (4,080,000,000 Hertz). All vibrations can be interpreted as sound. Octaves are defined as the lower frequency being half that of its higher frequency. For example, A 3 = 440 Hz and one octave above is A 4 at 880 Hz. Twenty-two octaves below The Big Note (4,080,000,000 Hertz), is calculated to be 972.75 Hz. This is slightly lower than B 4 at 987.77 Hz and somewhat higher than B Flat 4 at 932.33 Hz, in equal-tempered tuning. Therefore, the Universe is resonating at a tone a little flatter than B, as defined by standard tuning.

Physicists think that time began with the Big Bang. Today, just about every scientist believes in the Big Bang model. The evidence is overwhelming enough that in 1951, the Catholic Church officially pronounced the Big Bang model to be in accordance with the Bible. The Tibetan Gyuto Monks perform Buddhist ceremonies while chanting on one fundamental note. Their refined chanting technique enables each member of the choir to sing a three-note chord, exciting the harmonics of the fundamental drone note. A listening to their recording for Windham Hill Records reveals that the monks are droning on a note slightly flatter than B, exciting all the overtones above. Their valve-less brass horns are designed to play this note as the fundamental partial. The Gyuto Monks have been resonating the Big Note for the past 500 years at the Gyuto Monastery in Lhasa, Tibet, now living in exile in Dharamsala, India.

There is no explanation as to why the monks drone on that particular note. Penzias and Wilson's Nobel Prize winning discovery was an accident. The Big Note is an incredible combination of science, art and religion.

Quote:
"Everything in the Universe is made of one element, which is a note, a single note. Atoms are really vibrations, you know, which are extensions of the BIG NOTE, everything's one note. Everything. The note is the ultimate power..."
- Spider Barbour from Frank Zappa's Lumpy Gravy, Part II © 1968

#32088 - 11/22/09 12:54 AM Re: Music Divine? [Re: JWG]
SatanicVeteran Offline
stranger

Loc: San Francisco
Music has always ben associated with the devil.Lucifer after all in the christian mythos was the angel of music before he rebbeled. All things wich give man satisfaction that do not come from the church are diobolical. When one listens to music he/she may get an almost spiritual feeling. the same is true with sex. Nuns reportadly feel an almost trance like state when they say their hail marys. If one can get these same feelings from say an orgams, or a good song. Then surely it is the work of the devil
#32094 - 11/22/09 04:37 AM Re: Music Divine? [Re: SatanicVeteran]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Lucifer after all in the christian mythos was the angel of music before he rebbeled.

The only creature which is considered "evil" or associated with the devil and with a musical reference is the greek figure Pan.

[Pan mostly is shown as a figure with the legs of a goat and the upperbody of a normal human being, with another extremity being the horns on his head. He is the patron god of shepherds and flocks, of mountain wilds, hunting and rustic music.

During the middle-ages his general posture was used to represent the devil.]

Lucifer from latin translates as "carrier of light". And as far as I know, no resemblance or association is being made to music. Unless ofcourse Lucifer receives the image of Pan as a creature and can be linked as such to music.

Might I also suggest maybe reviewing your posts? The grammar isn't that bad in comparisation to others before you, yet the few spelling mistakes bother me a bit.

Edited by Dimitri (11/22/09 04:39 AM)

#32108 - 11/22/09 03:19 PM Re: Music Divine? [Re: Dimitri]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Just for the sake argument:

While scripture doesn't specifically state that Lucifer was the angle of music there are a few references to Lucifer and music that has lead many people to come to that conclusion. I am not going to post the biblical references here, for obvious reasons, but I'm sure a quick google search will suffice.

#32111 - 11/22/09 05:43 PM Re: Music Divine? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Not all Xitian faiths/groups think music is the devil's inspiration.

http://unityofnewyork.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_Church

They have a music ministry, and even a music note in their name.
I find them to be actually the nicest of all Xitian faiths, and suggest that our psycho Xitian troll join their church to become more tolerant.

The ability to create music is a gift. It's something you are either born with or teach yourself. It is a great ability to be able to share the music in your mind with everyone through a creative process.

Morgan

#32118 - 11/22/09 07:29 PM Re: Music Divine? [Re: Ankhhape]
Ankhhape Offline
Banned
pledge

Then what 'is' Satanic music in its purest forms?
We have Theistic Satanism which might mean music in a very 'anti-Christian' format and would include the many xxxmetal & certain pop / rock bands (lyrics along with their anti-church stances)

Then there is LaVeyan Satanism with emphasis on individualism and self-indulgences. Would this be the Free Jazz of Ornette Coleman and the like? It certainly wouldn't be the xxxmetal with it's rigid song structure and even more rigid rhythm structures. It would be the free form jazz improvisation that embodies the individual and is self-indulgent.

Symbolic / Archetypal (Modern) Satanism, perhaps the likes of Black Sabbath type of bands that merely use the 'image' as a totem and nothing more.

Setianism, as far as I understand is close to Luciferianism in the sense that they are engaged in enlightened individualism and self-deification through the current of Set. To me this may be the music / musicians who have excelled in their art and craft to such a high degree that they are instantly recognizable and have created their own world / aeon. We would find the virtuosos, and great composers here.

Thoughts?

#32121 - 11/22/09 09:16 PM Re: Music Divine? [Re: Ankhhape]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

"To me this may be the music / musicians who have excelled in their art and craft to such a high degree that they are instantly recognizable and have created their own world / aeon. We would find the virtuosos, and great composers here."

So, can you name any Setianism musicians?

Fuck,it doesn't matter, the listener is the only one who can decide what the music means to them. Whether its holy, sacred, or profane. How it moves them, affects them, or makes them cum with orgastic delights.

Music doesn't define a Satanist, a Satanist defines their own musical tastes.

Morgan

#32122 - 11/22/09 09:29 PM Re: Music Divine? [Re: Morgan]
Ankhhape Offline
Banned
pledge

I wasn't playing favorites here or pitting one school against another as it seems you took it. I would agree to some extent that it is the listener that defines what they are listening to.

I can't begin to dictate to another what is good or bad music to them, but I can point out universally accepted achievements that musicians would agree on that an artist has or doesn't, which may be above said listeners perception.

This would be what I am talking about in the Setian category.

#32127 - 11/23/09 01:05 AM Re: Music Divine? [Re: Ankhhape]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Yet, you didn't answer the question.

You should not assume things you can not back up.

So, either back up your statement with names or shut up.

I am getting tired of this habit of yours, you do try to pit one group against the other, as well as dancing around a subject once you are put on the spot.

Morgan

#32158 - 11/23/09 06:41 PM Re: Music Divine? [Re: Morgan]
Ankhhape Offline
Banned
pledge

Quote:
I am getting tired of this habit of yours
You are, are you?

Anyway, if you need a name the first couple that come to my mind would be Robert Fripp and John McLaughlin. Both are virtuoso guitarists and have followed an enlightened and quite individual path towards creating their own world in which they exist and rule.

Of course these are only 'my' thoughts on this and I could be quite off with them.

#32159 - 11/23/09 06:50 PM Re: Music Divine? [Re: Ankhhape]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Yes, I am , but that doesn't matter.

Okay, so they are members of the Temple of Set?

If not, just admit, you are talking out of your ass and be done with it.

Morgan

#32162 - 11/23/09 07:36 PM Re: Music Divine? [Re: Morgan]
Ankhhape Offline
Banned
pledge

They need to be members of the TOS? Were any of the other examples I mentioned part of the CoS or any other group? Why don't you bring them up to? I think it is YOU that has the problem here, not me. I am just talking about stuff, bringing things up, looking for answers, for a discussion. What is your problem, if you don't like this thread . . . don't read it.

I've been a musician for 35 of my 49 years, I might have a little clue as to what I am talking about. My intention was not to fight here, as yours certainly is.

Edited by Ankhhape (11/23/09 08:06 PM)
Edit Reason: Didn't want to go there.

Page 2 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.