Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#31615 - 11/13/09 12:49 AM Inglorious Bastards
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quentin Tarantino has done it again. I just watched this movie today and I loved it. The talking seemed to go on forever making the movie seem slow in some parts but over all I thought it was a great film.

It has all the quirks and brutality one has come to expect from a Tarantino film and I though that both Brad Pitt and Till Shwieger gave great performances. Just don't go into watching this movie looking for historical accuracy.

Has anyone else seen this yet? Comments?

#31620 - 11/13/09 02:12 AM Re: Inglorious Bastards [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
ME6 Offline
stranger

Loc: Watertown, NY
I thought it was great. I loved how while reading the subtitles they would throw in the French or German they were actually saying. Granted it was common words that anyone would know, but it just threw me off here and there. Nothing you wouldn't expect from Tarantino. As for historical accuracy, about half way through I was wondering if this movie was based on actual events. The ending cleared that up real quick.
It's 7:06, with only 60 minutes to an hour, it looks like I'm right on time...

#31635 - 11/13/09 07:25 AM Re: Inglorious Bastards [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
We went to see it in the movies when it came out, and we both thought it rocked. I haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a loooooooong time! Brad Pitt's accent was horrible, yet hilarious at the same time. The destruction towards the end got to be so overdone that it in itself was sheer comedy. When it was over, I was ready to turn around and go back into the theater to watch it again.

And I got to see those hot Nazis in their SS uniforms *drool*.

Deutschland! Fick ja!

#32537 - 12/04/09 06:34 PM Re: Inglorious Bastards [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Room 101 Offline

Loc: Scotland
I honestly liked it. Ok that’s wrong. I loved it.
I can say wirth no shame that I left the cinema thinking “I want to see that fucker again”.

The satirical insanity’s of the second world war are masterfully rendered. Allies and the axis of evil alike are given a drubbing that they both seemingly suit.

I urge you, nay, beg, that you see this film for no other reason
than to quote the phrase “If you are so desperate for a French girlfriend, I suggest you try Vichy.”

I nearly crapped I laughed so hard.

Edited by Room 101 (12/04/09 06:36 PM)
Edit Reason: Fat Hands

#32915 - 12/14/09 06:49 PM Re: Inglorious Bastards [Re: Room 101]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Christoph Waltz, the Jew Hunter, was awesome. He rolled through German, French, English and Italian without effort. Amazing. Is he Swiss?

I have a friend who is married to a young Russian girl. She didn't get it. She spent the whole movie in disbelieve. At the end she gave a critical critique on the historical inaccuracies of the movie.

I will give the Russians one thing, they sure do know the history of the Great Patriotic War.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.