Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#31719 - 11/15/09 09:33 AM Satanic Encounter?
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Something strange happened to me yesterday that I wanted to share. I had just finished posting on this site, and I left my computer and went downstairs into the kitchen. My wife was there, and she immediately noticed something on my face. I was bleeding from a small mole on my left side. Iíve had this mole for as long as I can remember, and itís never been a problem. It wasnít just a spot of blood, either. The blood had streamed down my cheek, drying about an inch away from the mole, which was still wet. I cleaned it up, and that was the end of it. It has never bled before or since (except occasionally when I nick it shaving).

I have a mixed reaction to this. My first thought stems from an atheistic perspective Iíve held pretty much my whole adult life. There is no God, Satan or any other metaphysical entity, and anything mysterious must be rooted in physical reality. Therefore, something mustíve happened to cause the mole to bleed. Maybe it had a scab from the last time I cut it shaving, and I scratched it while writing. The thing is, I donít remember cutting the mole or it having a scab, and I donít remember scratching it. Therefore, that scenario seems unlikely. Iím sure there are other scenarios that might reasonably explain why I bled, but I canít think of any at this moment. (And no, there is nothing medically wrong with the mole. That Iím absolutely sure of.)

My other thought comes from a different place, the theistic perspective I consider when physical explanations elude me. What if the Powers of Darkness do in fact exist, and someone was trying to tell me something? If so, what did he or she want to say? Iíve been doing a lot of thinking lately about my life, where itís headed and what I want to get out of it. Perhaps itís noteworthy that Michael Aquino, ever the theist, had been one of the respondents to my topic post. Itís the first time Iíve had direct contact with him since I (on good terms) left his organization a couple years ago. Although I donít see eye to eye with him on a number of issues, I have nothing but respect and admiration for him. He has accomplished a great deal, and he sets a good example for those of us who also aspire to greatness. Did contact with Aquino somehow energize spiritual forces around me? Did they want my blood? If so, did or will they give me something in exchange for it?

I donít expect anyone to tell me definitively why I bled last night. However, I would be happy to hear your theories. Have any of you had similar experiences? If so, what did you make of them?

#31723 - 11/15/09 12:38 PM Re: Satanic Encounter? [Re: William Wright]
CJB Offline

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA
Even were I a theistic...anything, really...sometimes a bleeding mole is just a bleeding mole. (...never imagined I would ever say anything like that, really.)

Even as an Atheist (perhaps because I am?), I'm open to the possiblity of "supernatural" phenomena. I haven't seen any yet, or seen any evidence, so I don't believe in it, but I do believe there's a possibility there might be something more, etc. etc.

IF this were a sign from some spirit or deity trying to get your attention, why use a bleeding mole? Not trying to be an ass, but honestly...out of the plethora of things he/she/it/they could do...they made a mole bleed? Maybe if they made it fall off, it'd be nicer. Or made another mole grow overnight. Or made more grow in the shape of a Pentagram. Or a hexagram. Or a smiley face.
Why not make some other random spot on your face bleed? Or some spot that has meaning? Maybe open up an old scar that's been healed for ten years? Honestly, if that had been the case, I'd be at least a bit less skeptical.

Now for the atheistic point of view, and one full of experience! I'm in the military, ergo I shave pretty much every morning. You'd think after seven years of shaving almost every day, I would have become an expert at it, but truth is that I look like a failed suicide attempt every morning after I'm done. And I also have a couple of facial moles.
I eventually started shaving around them so they wouldn't bleed. This last Thursday, I shaved in the morning, went into work for about an hour, and got sent home due to the storm (half the people couldn't make it in due to flooding). I would swear that I didn't cut myself shaving that morning, at least not on my chin mole. But that night I was at the mall (there's this really nice store that sells oil paintings...but I digress...) and this random lady told me I was bleeding. I went to the bathroom, and lo and behold, my chin mole had started bleeding.
I don't remember scratching it, and I'm pretty sure I didn't cut it that morning (the blood on that thing practically fountains out after it's cut), so the most logical conclusion is: It reopened from an earlier cut, probably because I scratched it without realizing it, or maybe because of the wet weather.
Theoretically, some spirit or deity could have been using my bleeding mole to tell me to not by the oil painting. Or maybe to buy the oil painting. Or maybe to use the bathroom. Even if they did use a bleeding mole as a sign, what does it mean? That moles bleed? Perhaps we should go mole hunting together, you and I.

Concluding now...rather long post for a bleeding mole, I guess...but oh well. Moral of the story: if you look for signs everywhere, you're gonna see signs everywhere. The problem is when you try to look for meaning.

#31731 - 11/15/09 03:30 PM Re: Satanic Encounter? [Re: William Wright]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: William Wright
Did contact with Aquino somehow energize spiritual forces around me? Did they want my blood? If so, did or will they give me something in exchange for it?

/facepalm

Are you fucking serious?! Damn, you seemed a little intelligent until I read this post. Sometimes people bleed, it happens. Just because you can't remember cutting doesn't mean that it didn't happen. I find that scenario more likely to be the culprit than a conversation you had with someone on the internet.

#31734 - 11/15/09 07:44 PM Re: Satanic Encounter? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
To opening poster,

Maybe it's cancer?

Go see a Doctor.

Morgan

Edited by Morgan (11/15/09 07:45 PM)

#31735 - 11/15/09 08:15 PM Re: Satanic Encounter? [Re: William Wright]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Please understand that this is not meant as a personal insult to you, but rather an attempt to critique the thinking behind your claim that a bleeding mole is somehow the result of the actions of a supernatural being or somehow a sign of an unknown world or that you are somehow up for grabs in the war between good and evil.

One can reject the Christian faith and belief in a god or supernatural order and still construct a picture of the world based on the very system one has apparently rejected.

If I have understood Dr. LaVeyís work correctly then he was well aware of this type of performance. Dr. LaVey seemed to insist that one must pull the plant out roots and all, meaning one must dig into the foundations of their belief in a god and then dynamite those foundations.

I highly recommend the careful and very deep study of Dr. LaVey, Darwin, Nietzsche, Freud, Feuerbach and Marx. I would also advise that one study the work of Wittgenstein, Max Weber, Lukacs and the Frankfurt School. The political and ethical positions may be different between each thinker, but they are the great critics of religion.

You may have already undertaken such study in which case I am not sure what to say.

I personally believe that one must not just browse or merely read Dr. LaVey, but rather study him as if their very life depended on it. This probably sounds silly. Once you have deeply studied Dr. LaVey and the above thinkers and can agree with them then you will have taken the decisive step towards smashing a religious worldview.

The mountains are cold and icy, but the air is so clean and look at how everything stands out so clearly, so boldly in the light!

It was a pity, that like Willard, I had to travel to see Kurtz, but I had no other choice.

Anyway my best wishes to you.

#31743 - 11/15/09 11:20 PM Re: Satanic Encounter? [Re: William Wright]
Gemini Offline
pledge

Loc: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I inexplicably was born with one hand - the work of the Prince of Darkness, perhaps? My girlfriend is stricken with Anklyosing Spondilitis. Her back is fusing together.

Must be supernatural.

-Gemini

#31749 - 11/16/09 12:11 AM Re: Satanic Encounter? [Re: William Wright]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
 Originally Posted By: William Wright
Did contact with Aquino somehow energize spiritual forces around me? Did they want my blood? If so, did or will they give me something in exchange for it?

Surely you jest?

After reading this post it's rather clear your mental condition might be on the brink of something... it's called stress.

To even humor the thoughts and then waste the time to jot it down on this forum is to make a complete mockery of the very thing you claim to respect. You might have better luck asking Dr. Walter Bishop to explain this to you using FRINGE TECHNOLOGY. I've been watching the show lately, and it's pretty off the wall the same as your questions.

I'm wondering if you plan on writting a retraction to this post, or if you're sitting back having a good laugh at everyones expense.

#31750 - 11/16/09 12:51 AM Re: Satanic Encounter? [Re: William Wright]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

I would just like to add one further post because it always surprises me how an old system of mystification can continue to hold sway over human thinking and perception of the world.

I tend to be pragmatic and assess the value and use of a system of mystification rather than attempt to establish its truth or reality. I tend to ask the following questions of a form of mystification:

ē Whose interests does it serve?
ē How does it function in concrete terms, or rather what outcomes does it generate for real people in the real world?
ē What form of psychology and physiology drives it, or rather what type of person or community advocates it and why?
ē What social forms does it justify, give rise to and require?

One can literally waste years trying to determine the reality of god or of a supernatural order and in the end make no headway regarding its truth.

The most basic purpose of supernatural thinking, in my view, is to create and maintain believers.

I mean this seems so obvious it doesnít need stating; at least it does to me.

But whose benefit or interests are served by promoting systems of mystification which produce and maintain believers? The basic conclusions I reach are twofold:

1. Believers need more believers to further the cause and validate each other.
2. Believers are more compatible with systems of domination, in the sense that they are less likely to carry out meaningful critique of systems or assume positions outside of the system which would lead to critique.

At this stage of human history the species is in dire need of individuals who can effectively operate in the margins and offer scathing critique of systems of domination which have little or no legitimacy and possibly or probably accelerate our extinction.

It seems to me to be the unique fate of the human species that it can, by its actions, positively or detrimentally affect its own evolution, its own survival. One needs to be questioning the choices we are making and the ends we are willing into existence.

Supernatural thinking is a luxury we can no longer afford.

#31759 - 11/16/09 04:53 AM Re: Satanic Encounter? [Re: ]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Dudes,
Honestly, the guy is an idiot.
Ignore him, don't feed the troll.

If he was bleeding and didn't cut himself he needs to see a doctor about skin cancer.

the end......

Morgan

#31766 - 11/16/09 11:42 AM Re: Satanic Encounter? [Re: William Wright]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
Uh...

Morgan is right, but I want to bring to light the gravity of your situation. A change to a mole including size, colour, or bleeding, is THE sign doctors look for in melanoma. Melanoma is curable if caught early, lethal if it's not.

I'm not saying you definitely have it, but you might. You need to go fix that shit.

#31786 - 11/16/09 07:15 PM Re: Satanic Encounter? [Re: coelentrate]
Morbid Rex Offline

Sorry but...

Bleeding Mole =/ Satanic Encounter

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#31820 - 11/17/09 01:03 PM Re: Satanic Encounter? [Re: William Wright]
EvilDjinn Offline
stranger

#31827 - 11/17/09 02:34 PM Re: Satanic Encounter? [Re: EvilDjinn]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I think this thread has reached its logical end.

Locked.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 26 queries. Zlib compression disabled.