Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#51966 - 03/31/11 10:37 AM Re: Hermetic Order of the Black Sun [Re: Sceevin]
Nikolai Rasputin Offline
lurker

I have heard of them. Or at least what they seem to want people to hear about them. They claim to have started as religious organization that was started in Germany in the twenties or thirties that was a combination of Christianity and traditional Germanic paganism. And at some point after migrating to the U.S. they became a satanic cult. Kindof smells like that old stink of "We are old, we promise!"
#57138 - 07/19/11 05:09 AM Re: Hermetic Order of the Black Sun [Re: Sceevin]
444ovthedirt Offline
banned
stranger

Originally Posted By: Sceevin
HOBS, i have been a member of a local chapter for about three months. Before finding this group, the only time i had ever heard mention of it was as a possible connection to the NAZIs and through the Temple of Set. Going to their meetings(few and far between as they are) they do appear to have a lagit founding. But they have a policy of letting members be in contact only with those below them, and then those directly in grade above them.
As for their ritual use, they are more of a generic Atheistic left handed order then specificly belonging to one specific path.
I have been trying to figue out if they really are a real order. The only time i have seen the majority of the members in one place at one time was the last Walpurgisnacht. And all the members there wore black hooded robes with face masks.
The part that struck me as odd, was the fact that they have no plicy against speaking to non members about being a member. Its like they want attention. They just told me not to share the inner rituals.
Does any one know anything about this order?

On a hunch just today I went searching out information on the black sun archetype.

I found these:

Asatru

http://www.asatru.org/aboutasatru.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_Neopaganism

Just because some Nazi's identify with it does not mean they get to claim it as their own.

To me it looks like an old archetype being revived taking on newer interpretations . I am finding it quite fascinating so far.
I do believe I will be looking much further into it in the coming days.

I have always loved the Idea of a black sun and the solar eclipse is a common archetype in my dreams and visions.

This Astaru paradigm tickles my Welsh and Swedish genetic fancy. Though I do not identify myself in any way with Nazi's. I believe there should definatly be an effort to make and keep people aware that there are differences between neo-nazis and the reclamation and revival of old northern traditions (Astaru).

Fascinating stuff.

Edited by 444ovthedirt (07/19/11 05:11 AM)

Hail Eris!

Hail Discordia!

#57147 - 07/19/11 11:35 AM Re: Hermetic Order of the Black Sun [Re: 444ovthedirt]
Hegesias Offline

This I can appreciate. . I'll take what resonates with me with Asatru. I'll be inverting it of course, to my preference of the Thurses.

I've not read outside the Edda's except for the work of a particular author, and whenever I mention Vexior218's work, I get criminalised on this forum. I work with the Thurses, the primal, uncontrolled forces of Nature.

That Judeo-Christianity hasn't molested the Old Norse lores is more than a little suspect, after all, they destroyed everything else. But, there's no warping or twisting the Old Norse warrior ethos.

#57157 - 07/19/11 02:41 PM Re: Hermetic Order of the Black Sun [Re: Nikolai Rasputin]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Nikolai Rasputin
I have heard of them. Or at least what they seem to want people to hear about them. They claim to have started as religious organization that was started in Germany in the twenties or thirties that was a combination of Christianity and traditional Germanic paganism. And at some point after migrating to the U.S. they became a satanic cult. Kindof smells like that old stink of "We are old, we promise!"

If you want to get a serious grip on German occultism during the Weimar period, I'd recommend this.

The Satanic Rituals notwithstanding, there was no "Black Order" in Nazi Germany [other than, of course, the SS]. And essentially the Nazis shut down all "occult" societies; they wanted to be the only game in town.

Today's "Black Sun" stuff started from a misinterpretation of the Westphalian Vehmic emblem on the floor of the Grail Room (also mistakenly called the "SS Generals Hall", but actually inspired by Wagner's Parsifal set) in the Wewelsburg. Lots of people have had lots of fun with it since then, and I think my two favorite Internet sites for "Black Sun" gonzo are this and this.

Today's "Black Sun Orders" don't have any Temple of Set connection. Our Order that has North European/Germanic occultism as one of its interests is the Order of the Trapezoid.

If you want to get into NE/G occultism in a serious way, I recommend Category #24 in the Temple of Set Reading List (included with Black Magic on my webpage.

#57158 - 07/19/11 04:37 PM Re: Hermetic Order of the Black Sun [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
For the past year I've been devouring every last bit of the "Fraternitas Saturni" that I could get my hands on. I find them particularly fascinating because they are a LHP-oriented order that predates the majority of present groups, and still appear to have a level of secrecy about them.

"Fire and Ice" is an excellent book, and those interested in further reading (and can wade through German well enough) should definitely look at Gregor A Gregorius's "Magic Letters" to get a more technical view of the Brotherhood.

http://english.grimoar.cz/?Loc=book&Lng=2&Back=key&UID=379

Of particular notice is the tract "Satanistiche Magie" (Satanist Magic), which presents Satanism as an initiatory perspective in relation to Gnosticism and the "Saturnian Way". This stands in stark contrast to most other portrayals of Satanism at the time that were tainted by the disclaimers and self-righteous denunciations of "White-Lighters". It is all the more interesting to consider that this was written in 1926.

#62476 - 12/10/11 02:26 PM Re: Hermetic Order of the Black Sun [Re: Sceevin]
kvac Offline
stranger

Loc: raleigh NC
Actually it is in close to the Vril Society. Most of the ones Im familiar with are well off and connected with another order as well.

#62729 - 12/18/11 03:19 PM Re: Hermetic Order of the Black Sun [Re: kvac]
Sorcerer Offline
Banned
stranger

If I may be permitted, I would like to mention my new site, orderoftheblacksun.com, and announce that we, the Black Sun Obscurati, have targeted December 21, 2012 as the date of the onset of the Black Sun Aeon. Our sorcerers are working feverishly to devise a Black Sun Working which will usher in the new dark age, but we need your help. Our style, goals and methods are those of a Cthulhu Cult, the Ahnenerbe and the Sith; our philosophy is cosmicist-Satanic-nihilist; our methods equal parts science, art, magic and madness; our goal the overthrow of the religions of the Light and the foundation of the Black Sun Empire.

OBS is currently seeking exceptional individuals to fill executive-level positions within our Ministries -- everything from Psycho-Sorcerer Supreme to Esotericist-In-Chief to Master of Assassins. I therefore invite the fine people of The 600 Club to visit orderoftheblacksun.com and become part of the New Order. The hour is late, apocalypse approaches, and there is much work yet to be done…

Sean the Sorcerer,

Doctor of Doom, Emperor of Dreams, Sorcerer Supreme
Grand Master of the Obscurati, Black Pope of the Magisterium Malum

Orderoftheblacksun.com

#62731 - 12/18/11 04:00 PM Re: Hermetic Order of the Black Sun [Re: Sorcerer]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Quote:
our goal the overthrow of the religions of the Light and the foundation of the Black Sun Empire.

Another aeon? First we have the Aeon of Saturn, then the Aeon of the Mother, and Aeon of Horus, Aeon of Satan, Aeon of Set, Aeon of Fire, Aeon of Chaos, Aeon of Cthulhu, Aeon of Lucifer, Aeon of I-don't-give-a-fuck anymore. This once-profound term has been so overused and watered-down that nobody even thinks twice before declaring themselves a Magus and pulling some arbitrary "Word" out of their ass like it's some sort of a goddamn prerequisite for being an occultist.

The next wannabe-Crowley who announces his own personal aeon is going to get a steel-capped jackboot lodged knee-deep into his colon.

Quote:
our goal the overthrow of the religions of the Light and the foundation of the Black Sun Empire.

You and your three active forum members? I know humility isn't at the top of the list of Satanic virtues, but you should give it a try sometime.

Edited by The Zebu (12/18/11 04:04 PM)

#62732 - 12/18/11 04:40 PM Re: Hermetic Order of the Black Sun [Re: The Zebu]
Sorcerer Offline
Banned
stranger

Thank you for your criticisms. "Aeon" may be overused, but that's probably because it is a useful word which expresses an idea better than anything else available. Do you have another suggestion? For the record, I know little about Crowley and don't aspire to imitate him, but what exactly is objectionable about a million Crowley-wannabes running around declaring themselves emperors of their own personal Aeons? I say let a million cults bloom!

You are correct that the Black Sun Empire doesn't currently have a large following and is still largely theoretical. However, if you had met Genghis Khan when he was an outcast youth subsisting on carcasses in the Mongolian wilderness or Adolph Hitler as a disheveled young artist in the flophouses of Vienna, would you have taken them seriously either if they had described to you their dreams of future empires? Such is the eternal fate of those who walk alone under the Shadow of the Black Sun...

Edited by Sorcerer (12/18/11 04:46 PM)

#62748 - 12/19/11 04:52 AM Re: Hermetic Order of the Black Sun [Re: Sorcerer]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
Damn I was interested until I noticed the position of hugely superior bullshitter extraordinaire was already filled.

Funny you compare yourself with a young AH or a young GK but your profile says you are 45? Hitler was chancellor of Germany by age 44 and Genghis Khan from a bit of research seems had amassed a small army by age 20.

I think you suffer from disillusions of grandeur oh mighty ruler of a website.

Derrick is that you?

~T~

#62751 - 12/19/11 05:57 AM Re: Hermetic Order of the Black Sun [Re: ta2zz]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
It's December 18th and I just pipped Sorceror to the post by ushering in my own Aeon of Hotei. That's the manifestation of Buddha in his Howling With Laughter At Bullshit form.

Sorry, Zebu. You can have a special title if you'd like? \:\)

#62753 - 12/19/11 10:27 AM Re: Hermetic Order of the Black Sun [Re: felixgarnet]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

My crystal ball reveals me there will be an Aeon of the Asylum following all those others.

It's quite a career he is making: Sean the Mystic, Sean the Sorcerer. I'll wait until "Sean who Wears his Sleeves on his Back" until I consider participating.

But that photo on his website, that was great. It looked really real and such.

D.

#63409 - 01/06/12 08:47 PM Re: Hermetic Order of the Black Sun [Re: The Zebu]
Merkwürdigliebe5 Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: The Zebu
For the past year I've been devouring every last bit of the "Fraternitas Saturni" that I could get my hands on. I find them particularly fascinating because they are a LHP-oriented order that predates the majority of present groups, and still appear to have a level of secrecy about them.

"Fire and Ice" is an excellent book, and those interested in further reading (and can wade through German well enough) should definitely look at Gregor A Gregorius's "Magic Letters" to get a more technical view of the Brotherhood.

http://english.grimoar.cz/?Loc=book&Lng=2&Back=key&UID=379

Of particular notice is the tract "Satanistiche Magie" (Satanist Magic), which presents Satanism as an initiatory perspective in relation to Gnosticism and the "Saturnian Way". This stands in stark contrast to most other portrayals of Satanism at the time that were tainted by the disclaimers and self-righteous denunciations of "White-Lighters". It is all the more interesting to consider that this was written in 1926.

As I believe Dr. Flowers acknowledges in the forward to Fire and Ice the information he used to compile that book was supplied to him by Frater U.D., and was representative of the magical curriculum under Gregorius' headmastership of the lodge.

Currently, there are two main branches of the Saturnian tradition still in existence, the Fraternitas Saturni and the Ordo Saturni.

Edited by Merkwürdigliebe5 (01/06/12 08:48 PM)

-Dr. Septimus Pretorius

#63411 - 01/06/12 08:56 PM Re: Hermetic Order of the Black Sun [Re: Merkwürdigliebe5]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Frater U.D. is a interesting writer.
I really liked his book "Secrets of Western Sex Magic".
His other book that I have is "High Magic" it's kinda dry, but I am working my way through it. So I am kinda reserving judgement till its done.

M

#63412 - 01/06/12 09:05 PM Re: Hermetic Order of the Black Sun [Re: Morgan]
Merkwürdigliebe5 Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Morgan
Frater U.D. is a interesting writer.
I really liked his book "Secrets of Western Sex Magic".
His other book that I have is "High Magic" it's kinda dry, but I am working my way through it. So I am kinda reserving judgement till its done.

M

From what was told to me, relations between Frater U.D. and the OS are not the best.

I do know that the current headmaster of the OS is working on a book of his own detailing the Lodge's history and current curriculum.

-Dr. Septimus Pretorius

Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.