Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#31908 - 11/18/09 05:03 PM Retraction
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Iíll keep this rather short and sweet, and then I think Iíll slip into the background for awhile and keep a relatively low profile.

The ďbloody moleĒ post was absolutely horrible, and Iím ashamed I wrote it. I wish I could take it back, but of course I canít. Looking back, Iím sure I simply cut myself shaving and that there was no ďSatanic encounter.Ē I am an Atheist. I donít believe in Satan (although I respect those who do). I think itís important to keep an open mind to the possibility of a spiritual realm, but not to the point of coming off as a total flake. Thereís no question my post was flakiness to the extreme.

Itís worth noting that I was pretty baked when I wrote that post. I say that not to excuse my behavior but to help explain it. Although Iíve written some pretty good stuff in an intoxicated state, Iíve also written some complete trash. In this case, I blurred the line between reality and fantasy to the point that it became laughable. But today I make this promise: Never again will I post on this site unless I am in a clear state of mind.

Over time, I hope to establish a track record here that I can be proud of. Weíll see.

#31910 - 11/18/09 05:12 PM Re: Retraction [Re: William Wright]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Eh donít feel too bad. You can feel a little bad though.

Iíve made some major dud posts myself at times, and didnít even have the excuse of using mind altering substances to fall back on. They seem great at the time, but when I read them the next day, I was wishing I could burry my head in the sand for awhile.

It seems that part of my brain believes that I do my greatest thinking at 3 in the morning, not realizing that the rest of my cognitive senses are asleep.

Of course, this doesnít mean that Iím going to stop fucking up occasionally.

#31912 - 11/18/09 05:20 PM Re: Retraction [Re: Asmedious]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

As a friend of Mary I am rather offended at any ammount of blame being placed on her.

It was you who believed something "supernatural" was the causing the bleeding mole. Now, I'm not one for kicking a dead horse, usually, but you must ask yourself why you had such a belief. Saying you were baked isn't much of an explantion unless you truly let that stuff influence you that much. If that is the case then maybe it is time to put down the bong.

#31915 - 11/18/09 06:11 PM Re: Retraction [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Jake999 Offline

Agreed. "I was drunk, I was stoned, I was in a bad mood, I wasn't myself" are lame excuses at best.

If you can't handle your drug of choice or be in control of yourself, you have a problem. You either fix it or don't subject others to your problem.

If you're just mentally deficient, you either come up to the standards of those around you or, like water, find your own level. The stream for those who aren't up to snuff goes through the out door.

#31942 - 11/19/09 01:47 AM Re: Retraction [Re: Jake999]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
I am blessed with the fact that when I imbibe, I do no writing at all. As a matter of fact, being under the influence makes me want to do nothing but sleep. This comes in handy when I want to blow someone off by not showing up.
#31951 - 11/19/09 04:00 AM Re: Retraction [Re: Satansfarm]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Maybe this thread should be locked?

Morgan

#31954 - 11/19/09 04:18 AM Re: Retraction [Re: Morgan]
Meq Offline
Banned

Agreed, this is going nowhere.

Thread locked.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.