Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#31963 - 11/19/09 12:44 PM Big Fan
ballbreaker Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I think this film unwittingly explores several very Nietzschean
themes and is really worth watching.

In short, the film is about a single guy in his mid-30s still living at home w/his ma, working full time as a parking lot attendant. He's also a big fan (see what I did there?) of the NY Giants...he makes a ritual of calling in to the local radio sports talkshow every week after game day at 1am, and during his shifts prepares in his notebook a speech that he'll recite, lauding the greatness of the Giants and lambasting his enigmatic on-air enemy, "Philadelphia Phil". One night he spots his hero, "Quantrel Bishop", the QB of the Giants, outside his favorite pizza parlor filling up on gas, and he and his best friend decide to follow him deep into Manhattan and confront him in an expensive gentlemen's club. Quantrel beats the shit out of him. Now our hero is torn...press charges against Bishop and cooperate w/the police for retribution, or let it go and watch the Giants take the season.

Has anyone had a chance to check this movie out? I'd like to say some more about the themes that are consistent throughout it but they'd come across as a little disjointed unless I take some time to 'format' them nicely and neatly.

#31964 - 11/19/09 01:09 PM Re: Big Fan [Re: ballbreaker]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Sounds good. I will put it on my Netflicks list.
I just hope that I can get past the sports theme, since I'm not a fan at all of watching sports.

#31967 - 11/19/09 02:30 PM Re: Big Fan [Re: Asmedious]
ballbreaker Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Don't worry! I don't even know the rules to football and this movie's now in my top 5!
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.