Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#32089 - 11/22/09 12:58 AM Re: I am a born again , evangelical Christian [Re: ]
FriendlyS Offline
stranger

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Since this thread hasn't been closed yet, I must comment again as I can't let some things just slip by.

Originally Posted By: Eljon
http://elshamah.heavenforum.com/astronom...niverse-t31.htm
Did you really just give a link to a christian forum on a Satanic forum thread?

If God gives a commandment, its not to take something from us - but to prevent us to do things, that are not good for us.

How could you possibly believe this? Granted, some of the commandments may help moderate behaviour, but anyone who isn't a total dumbass would have already figured out what they should and shouldn't do without having to rely on "God" to tell them. But most of them are just stupid. When has Lust ever killed anyone? When has coveting something produced anything but hard work from an individual to obtain what they covet? Most of the sins try to restrict human nature and prevent pleasure in this life, which is really the only life we're guaranteed. Anton LaVey said it best, "Life is the great indulgence, death the great abstinence." The Bible and "God" try to make both the "great abstinence." I refuse to waste my only life.

#32096 - 11/22/09 07:15 AM Re: I am a born again , evangelical Christian [Re: FriendlyS]
Eljon
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: FriendlyS
Since this thread hasn't been closed yet, I must comment again as I can't let some things just slip by.

http://elshamah.heavenforum.com/astronom...niverse-t31.htm
Did you really just give a link to a christian forum on a Satanic forum thread?

that forum is my personal virtual library, not a link to a third party website.

Originally Posted By: FriendlyS

How could you possibly believe this? Granted, some of the commandments may help moderate behaviour, but anyone who isn't a total dumbass would have already figured out what they should and shouldn't do without having to rely on "God" to tell them. But most of them are just stupid. When has Lust ever killed anyone?

I guess you make reference to sexual lust.
Then,who told you that God is AGAINST sexual pleasure, if it was HE that created SEX ? God made Sex as a blessing for human kind.
But Sex, made the wrong way, can be also very destructive. From that God wants to prevent us, giving us his commands. While Satan tries to pervert anything, that God gave us, he also makes believe he has the best in mind for us. That's simply one of his lies. He has only our destruction in mind. And there is unfortunately people that believe him.

#32100 - 11/22/09 09:57 AM Re: I am a born again , evangelical Christian [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Eljon
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: MawhrinSkel

You have nothing

I would say exactly the same regarding your argument. Literally.

If no God there is, then remains * nothing * as cause of all that exists. Everything from nothing. Does that make sense to you ?
Why is there something, rather than nothing ? If God does not exist, than nothing was at the beginning of the universe.
Nothing however is nothing. It has no properties, no intelligence, no power. Nothing is the absolute absence of any thing. And any thing cannot create everything. Even after a billion years, it will remain any thing. So your reasoning is utmost irrational. You have nothing. Literally.

#32103 - 11/22/09 10:24 AM Re: I am a born again , evangelical Christian [Re: ]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Let me enlighten a few things and ask some questions which you should think about it for YOURSELF (altough I am aware you probably will evade the questions as others did before you...)

Quote:
One of the most compelling evidences for the idea of cosmological intelligent design is the fact that the universe is finely tuned. In other words, the universe's physical constants are precisely the right values that are needed in order to sustain life.

Is it? As far as I know life is only known on this planet. More so, the universe in itself isn't finely tuned. Enormous powers of gravitation gone mad (black holes and giant black holes)
--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW7BvabYnn8 , collapses between planets and comets the size of our moon, exploding stars which are as 100 or even billions time bigger as our sun are frequent in the enormous space our little blue planet is floating in. The best thing of all: none of these things haven't got or barely got an influence on our life here, yet still occur. Why does this happen? If there was a god why does he let such things happen if he is only focused on a infinite tiny blue spot?

To give an idea of utterly pointlessness space we live on: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/DistroyA/1257832563968.gif

Another question which I want you to think about thoroughly and answer on straight-forwardly:
If god created space, time, the universe etc... how was god created?

It is an impossibility for something to pop up out of nothing. Both the big bang and religion lack this kind of reasoning.
Within religion the question isn't being solved, it is being replaced!
If god created everything: where did he/she/it come from?
Don't come bothering with the "he is eternal"-bullshit, cause in that way I will simply ask you how did he become that way.

The simple fact of a disbelief in a god is the mere fact that nothing on this earth or in the entire universe carries a seal which reads: "made by .."
The whole Christian Bible, The qu'ran, the Torah,.. all holy scriptures contain notes made by man. They contain human fingerprints and ideas. The holy scriptures were written as a sort of guide for the people to create a ideological system which would somehow protect the villagers and temporarly answer questions they had who were far too difficult to explain because of their lack of intelligence and know-how.

Edited by Dimitri (11/22/09 10:27 AM)

#32104 - 11/22/09 10:28 AM Re: I am a born again , evangelical Christian [Re: Dimitri]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Jesus Fucking Christ, enough already.

Thread locked.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.