Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3219 - 01/08/08 10:40 PM Carvinale Season 1
Evil Lucy Offline
stranger

Loc: La Mesa, California, USA
Hello all
Recently my girlfriend borrowed the short lived HBO series Carnival on DVD, I watched it with her, and enjoyed it immensely as it does have rather magical events happen in it series. For those of you who have not seen it, it's about a Carnivale in the 30's that travels round the United States, and has some very interesting characters such as a woman who is a vegetable, but communicates through her daughter so her daughter can read tarot cards to visitors and a blind man that can see not only things that are going on but can peer into others thoughts and dreams. I find the series very good, and filled with a lot of Satanic principles

Anyone else seen it?

#3235 - 01/09/08 06:37 AM Re: Carvinale Season 1 [Re: Evil Lucy]
Rainy Offline
stranger

Loc: US Florida Tampa Bay
I have seen both seasons 1 and 2. Excellent series. My husband and I watched about 3 episodes a night untill we finished off the box set. The unfortunate thing is that they canceled the show before they ever got to a real conclusion. So if you are looking for any solid answers, there arent any, really. There is a petition out there in internet-land you can sign to try and get HBO to continue it, but I doubt its going anywhere.

It is a beautful show, and I recomend it anyone, but I wouldnt spend the $80 on the box set just to not get an ending. Borrow it if you can!

#3260 - 01/09/08 06:24 PM Re: Carvinale Season 1 [Re: Rainy]
Evil Lucy Offline
stranger

Yeah I totally agree, my girlfriend was trying to find something Satanic in it, aside from playing with the "rubes" I didn't really find anything, I like the whole use of a clairvoyant vegetable Mother, and the costumes were great- And I am not about to shell out 80 something bucks- I'll just borrow it

Cheers!

#3261 - 01/09/08 06:25 PM Re: Carvinale Season 1 [Re: Rainy]
Evil Lucy Offline
stranger

D'oh! I just contradicted myself when I said that I didn't find anything with Satanic principle, I kinda did, and I kinda didn't, I would have to go with the kinda didn't thing

#77384 - 06/23/13 04:16 PM Re: Carvinale Season 1 [Re: Evil Lucy]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
That was rather wishy-washy.

The evolution of this character should be closely examined if you were looking for the Principal:

The Carnies employed Lesser Magic to varying degrees of success and failure. They were even victimized by it with the invisible authority cloaked in conspiracy.

The Tree is pinnacle and reminiscent of various Esoteric models such as the Tree of Knowledge/Immortality, World Tree of Norse Mythology and Kabbalistic principle (just a few examples).

I have the series in a boxed set. The writing was decent and the symbolism compelling.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.