Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#55354 - 06/01/11 06:13 PM Re: Selfless acts [Re: Hegesias]
Pizgatti Offline
stranger

It's not Altruism though still, we will never know for sure if these people jump in front of a bullet or push someone into safety for any personal satisfaction or gain or not. I'd take a bullet, but only for close family. It's still not Altruistic because they are part of my continuing lineage and part of my content life. My reality I protect. Would I push someone out of the way of a car? Sure. I would think I was fast enough to do it, and being superior I should. Would superman save a man from falling? More importantly does a shepherd save a sheep from danger of the wolf? I mean unless the person is just being stupid with headphones on and walks out in the road...fuck them for being stupid then.

Either way. Just like the existence of God, we can leave the open possibility but it's pretty likely there is no true existence of Altruism in the world.

#55382 - 06/02/11 08:43 AM Re: Selfless acts [Re: Hegesias]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
That would be assuming that someone’s ego is in fact an illusion. How could ego be assumed an illusion when in fact it is quite recognizable in every human being? Someone’s ego is I would say synonymous with pride, being that it is the driving motivational factor in an individual’s ego. If someone had no pride they wouldn’t have a very big ego. Isn’t it funny how mainstream society portrays people with big egos as being selfish and narcissistic?

In regards to empathy; an extremely selfish individual can and often does experience the felling of empathy. Satanists will have feelings of empathy for those people he/she deems worthy of their respect.

As brought up in TSB the Satanist will disregard individuals who are undeserving of respect and hate his/her enemies with a whole heart in order to be able to experience feelings of love, empathy, and respect to those people who earn it. I consider myself an extremely selfish person, I want some sort of profit for most of my efforts in anything be it respect, money, materialistic things so on and so forth; but I will go out of my way to assist those who deserve it in my eyes and my motivational factor is easy to recognize that doesn’t make me an altruist just an opportunist.

“A selfless act would be inadvertently killing somebody without even noticing. Or likewise bestowing fortune upon another person totally by accident and never knowing who they are such as losing your wallet in a rough part of town” None of those acts would be considered selfless. I’m actually somewhat amused that you would attribute losing a wallet an act of altruism. Please explain your reasoning behind this. I would call these examples bad luck or an accident. You would never intend to lose your wallet and I would imagine you would be angry at the fact that you lost it. I can already venture and guess that you might use the argument of subconscious decisions (the very same that I used) as a means of explaining that logic. So I will counter that one here now. While you subconsciously lose your wallet yes that much I can agree with; however upon noticing most people would try to find it before someone else does. So does this mean that someone’s conscious decisions are working against their subconscious? I know when I lost my wallet I retraced my steps in effort to retrieve my ID and money before some lucky bastard that happened to stumble upon it. And need I mention what would happen if I happened by chance to find someone picking it up and putting that money in their pocket?

“So, selfless acts outweigh what is perceivable selfish acts” Looks like Christian bullshit to my eyes. I have so much to gain committing acts that benefit me over acts that benefit others. Please explain how you came up with that cute little sentiment.

“I don't know though as certain egocentric people may freeze in dangerous situations because they are so fixated on preserving their preciously formalized universe, so much so that they are divorced from Nature” I pull the bullshit card out once again with that statement. Just ask a soldier who didn’t freeze up in a situation if he agrees with this. While I will say that it is hard to maintain composure in situations where your life is in jeopardy it is still very possible. I never froze up when rockets landing in the vicinity of my area, I walked to a bunker and sought cover and after all the booms were said and done offered to go check and make sure that no one was injured. I didn’t freeze up I acted in a way to preserve my own life first and foremost while maintaining the mentality to act if need be.

CHEERS,
RING

#55387 - 06/02/11 10:11 AM Re: Selfless acts [Re: Ringmaster]
Hegesias Offline

"That would be assuming that someone’s ego is in fact an illusion. How could ego be assumed an illusion when in fact it is quite recognizable in every human being?"

Ego is an essential tool in this civilisation. But total dependence on this tool brings about certain problems.

In focusing on a tree, the mind is only bringing into detail what is directly in front of it, and so cannot see the forest itself is One. It is like a finger pointing away to the moon. Man has a tendency to concentrate on the finger.

Fixation distorts reality, it is illusions. The ego shines brightly and casts a shadow over reality.

I would like to vector the understanding that cultured man is an abomination of Nature— creations made to satiate the ego almighty's boredom.

"In regards to empathy; an extremely selfish individual can and often does experience the feeling of empathy. Satanists will have feelings of empathy for those people he/she deems worthy of their respect."

Interesting. Empathy is not limited to preference nor moral formalising as I could tell it were about to rain or that a person is a born victim by their skewed gait. So maybe what most regard as empathy is simply affection, hence, a derivative of active submission. Why? Because upon recognising another is to be respected, dominance observed in other males or threat observed to females, or for whatever effect of Nature. The biological notion of altruism is not identical to the morally cultivated concept. Man has sought to "improve" himself and by these unnecessary moral fixations, which man sees as "enhancements" he is often more than partially blinded to what is inexplicably Natural.

Considering life is based upon relationships we ought not fixate upon a solitary factor when it comes to Nature. So, the will to power being a force of life itself, and considering that the will to power is a stronger drive than the will to survival alone as we can observe us and other animals risking our lives for more power. The same could be said about altruism insofar as possible harm coming to oneself for the sake of preserving the pack. And we all know that what does not kill, makes strong.

“So, selfless acts outweigh what is perceivable selfish acts” Looks like Christian bullshit to my eyes. I have so much to gain committing acts that benefit me over acts that benefit others. Please explain how you came up with that cute little sentiment."

Altruism is selfishly motivated on a primal emotive level and has not much to do with personal preferences, formalisations which follow, as we inexplicably recognise emotional impulses when other beings are observed in certain situations, as we are social animals we are doomed to feel this and although some of us are capable of emotional control and dispassionate rationalisation, who's not to say that the empathy does not catalyse response. Selfless acts must therefore "not" involve the individuals perception i.e. the self is absent form perceptual equations.

Chaos theory. You are not able to perceive all you are responsible for. These effects of your involvement may be the only act to be considered "selfless", catastrophic or otherwise beneficial to humankind is not important, what is important is that the chain events one has set about in causality is beyond the scope of that one man's observation.

“So, selfless acts outweigh what is perceivable selfish acts”

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.