Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#32786 - 12/11/09 08:59 AM Arsonists torch Bronx synagogue-turned-church
School Bully Offline

Loc: Melbourne

A former Bronx synagogue that was turned into a church was torched by assailants who smeared Satanic graffiti on its walls.

"We have no idea who did this," said the Rev. Raymond Talavera, pastor of the 150-member nondenominational Glory of Christ Church.

Only the hard plastic pulpit survived, the pastor said.

More than 100 firefighters were called to the scene at about 4 a.m. Wednesday, just before morning prayers at 5:30 a.m. By then, the flames in the two-story building were under control, according to fire department officials. Three firefighters suffered minor injuries.

Words scrawled in big black letters on a wall by the church entrance - "GET OFF OUR BLOCK" - offered no clue as to who was responsible for the fiery attack, said Talavera, speaking on his cell phone outside the building.

After stealing $300 from the offering box, "they took the church chairs and made a bonfire with them," he said.

The arsonists painted upside-down crosses and a Pentagram - a five-point star surrounded by a "666," which the pastor said were meant to represent Satanic evil.

Elsewhere, they scrawled "Crip Kill" - referring to the name of the street gang, the Crips - and "We hate Jews and Christians."

Heat from the flames melted audiovisual equipment, and stained-glass windows that once belonged to the synagogue were blown out, Talavera said.

The congregation had a clothing outreach and a soup kitchen set up with a donation from the late Yankees broadcaster Bobby Murcer. It also had prepared Christmas gifts for children in the Parkchester area, and medicines to send to Africa.

The pastor was mystified.

"Nobody has ever expressed animosity against us," he said. "We're at a complete loss. It was a hateful thing."

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/354/story/1198617.html

#32796 - 12/11/09 09:51 PM Re: Arsonists torch Bronx synagogue-turned-church [Re: School Bully]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Itís the lowest common denominator: teenage thugs looking to make a statement through acts of vandalism. Satanism to them is something displayed simply to ratchet up the shock factor. Those idiots probably donít know the first thing about Satanism. Hell, they probably canít write a coherent sentence.

Fortunately, Satanism isnít a movement concerned about being respected or even understood. Any asshole can call himself a Satanist. It doesnít matter what the masses think about Satanism. What matters is what the individual knows about himself deep down inside. Satanism is a personal journey. Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

#32798 - 12/11/09 10:57 PM Re: Arsonists torch Bronx synagogue-turned-church [Re: William Wright]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Ah but you are confused here because Modern Satanism is all too fast in denying anything controversial as non-satanic. I think Gilmore has a special intervention squad to eradicate anything bad which could be linked to Satanism (as he sees it). Which is funny in a way because those taking the Devil's side only do so after first defining the devil as some sort of a good boy.
I prefer my Devil being evil, if not only because I could not give a rat's ass about it to begin with.

D.

#32807 - 12/12/09 12:44 AM Re: Arsonists torch Bronx synagogue-turned-church [Re: Diavolo]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
In happened not too far from me.
It wasn't done by Satanists, just some idiot gang members.
I am including the links to 2 local news articles.
You can see the graffiti images.
You can also read through the comments people left.

Morgan

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/12/11/2009-12-11_ready_for_a_resurrection.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime...il_worship.html

#32814 - 12/12/09 05:48 AM Re: Arsonists torch Bronx synagogue-turned-church [Re: Morgan]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Too bad they couldn't even draw the Pentagram right. I personally enjoy this kind of nonsense, as long as I don't feel the need to partake in such actions. Satan has been pussified in the last decade, it's about time he scares the little bunnies again.

D.

#32816 - 12/12/09 10:52 AM Re: Arsonists torch Bronx synagogue-turned-church [Re: Diavolo]
CJB Offline

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA
Awww, if that isn't just the cutest Pentagram I've ever seen! Even the fact that they didn't do their homework and put it point down doesn't bother me because of just how...fluffy the handwriting is!

And those widdle sixxes! Man! That is the prettiest handwriting I've ever seen in graffiti. And the outline of the upside down cross! Absolutely fabulous! Seriously, these have to be the cutest Satanists ever!

#33021 - 12/18/09 12:52 AM Re: Arsonists torch Bronx synagogue-turned-church [Re: CJB]
Dunklemevv Offline
lurker

Originally Posted By: CJB
Awww, if that isn't just the cutest Pentagram I've ever seen! Even the fact that they didn't do their homework and put it point down doesn't bother me because of just how...fluffy the handwriting is!

And those widdle sixxes! Man! That is the prettiest handwriting I've ever seen in graffiti. And the outline of the upside down cross! Absolutely fabulous! Seriously, these have to be the cutest Satanists ever!

I don't understand, what is the point of arguing about the Pentagram. Maybe its their paradigm they work in, you know, mixing it up a little? 666 with Pentagram pointing up. Maybe they did a Banishing Ritual of sorts, and the place went up in smokes?

#33967 - 01/13/10 07:47 PM Re: Arsonists torch Bronx synagogue-turned-church [Re: Dunklemevv]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Pff. These guys are obviously not Satanists, nor are they occultists of any kind. Simply a few profane teenage thugs using evil-looking images to scare people.

#35565 - 02/12/10 04:52 PM Re: Arsonists torch Bronx synagogue-turned-church [Re: The Zebu]
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

After they're arrested, I hope the homeless people who were going to get that charity finds the home of these wannabe satanic thugs and take their clothing and stuff.

#35574 - 02/12/10 08:28 PM Re: Arsonists torch Bronx synagogue-turned-church [Re: Shadow Dragon]
Noctuary Offline
pledge

How many more stereotypes are these morons looking to cop on?

I mean we have let's see...Satanists, Gang members, KKK like mentality. I smell morons trying to not get caught. I doubt they could even spell Satanist. ;\)

#35638 - 02/14/10 01:19 PM Re: Arsonists torch Bronx synagogue-turned-church [Re: Noctuary]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Personally I find this kind of funny. I probably wouldn't burn down a church without a good reason as arson carries with it one hell of a penalty but if someone wanted to start torching churches around here I wouldn't mind. Not like there aren't enough in this town anyway.

Now that I think about it; I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this were staged by members of the congregation as a kind of "false-flag" scenario.

#35667 - 02/15/10 07:17 AM Re: Arsonists torch Bronx synagogue-turned-church [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
A general response.
So far no one has been arrested in connection with this.
Nothing in the local paper about the cops even doing anything more on this.
Most people in the area think it was gang related/initation type rite.

It is highly unlikely anyone connected with the church did this because they just got a huge ass haul of free clothes and stuff donated from Macy's to give away that ended up being water damaged from the fire.

M

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 25 queries. Zlib compression disabled.