Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#32890 - 12/14/09 01:00 AM Michael Ford
Natalia666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Alabama
I have studied/applied Ford's works and The Order of Phosphorus for sometime now. Obviously my opinion is of a very positive standing.

I am curious how the veteran and more experienced Satanists on this forum think of Luciferianism and this new take on the LHP. It would be beneficial to understand others perspectives and opinions.

thanks.

#32892 - 12/14/09 01:11 AM Re: Michael Ford [Re: Natalia666]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Its not new to some of us.

Michael Ford used to be an active member here years ago.
In earlier incarnations of this site.
Before he had his yahoo group which was taken down.
Not sure if he has a new one now, the old one was from years ago.

He blends Satanism with witchcraft.
Some stuff is interesting, some isn't.
I have his old books, and haven't found the need to reread them.

If you love them, enjoy.

Morgan

#32912 - 12/14/09 05:45 PM Re: Michael Ford [Re: Morgan]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
My initial reaction to Ford's work was outrage and disgust, seeing as they were all terribly illustrated and had the appearance of being compiled by a five-year old who just got a copy of MS Word. (As a Digital Art major, I'm picky about that sort of thing)

That said, once I got the time to read them, they weren't that terrible. Some stuff inspired me a bit. My main gripe is that he puts a little too much shock imagery into his work.

I wouldn't pay for his stuff though (Thank Jesus for piracy). But if some people are happy in the Order of Phosphorus, then good for them.

#32917 - 12/14/09 06:52 PM Re: Michael Ford [Re: The Zebu]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Personally, I really don't care for his work. But, as an individual, he seems like someone I would want to talk to. He seems pretty self-made - creating his own opportunity.

I would love to see him here again as a member because is the sort of 'value added' people 'we' look for.

#32920 - 12/14/09 08:22 PM Re: Michael Ford [Re: Fist]
Natalia666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Alabama
I am a member of TOPH for a few years now. It has been a great experience. The people are good people. Especially if your into chaos magick etc. Michael is also an amazing person. I've learned much from him. As far as I know he stays pretty busy with his shop, music, and books.

His books are in desperate need of an editor. Especially his earliest books. I had the same complaint. Behind all the early shock art is really good stuff, mainly from a theistic/magick view of course. His newest books are better edited. Learning/applying Luciferianism in the past few years, then finding this primarily Satanist forum, I can see the contrast between the two. Personally I am applying LeVay Satanism to my Luciferian practice. They balance each other I would say.

I am 22, still young. To see so many accomplished people of the LHP is inspiring. I am building my own Rome, slowly but surely it will be built.

#35008 - 02/02/10 12:04 PM Re: Michael Ford [Re: Natalia666]
Sceevin Offline
stranger

Loc: Washington
His is one of the orders that i joined. And i like the shock imagery, that is part of the entertainment of this path (and all derivatives). Not that it is the specific selling point, just a bonus. in my opinion, TOPH is better for an individual then for a group of people, so should you happen to belong to a 'coven' or something along those lines, good reading material, but not so high up there for group work.

I do agree, that he needs a good editor. his books can be a bit, difficult, to read at times. And not in the fun way.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.