Page 3 of 10 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#28935 - 08/27/09 03:29 AM Testosterone & Estrogen [Re: TornadoCreator]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
I will probably get in trouble for saying this, but a lot of supposed "gender confusion" is just the result, very simply so, of your body's natural production/balance of testosterone & estrogen being out of whack. Both males and females produce & need both, but in different levels and balances; and much of this is age-related.

Go here and listen to the 8/25/09 broadcast on "Testosterone". If you don't see it on the main page, check the Archives.

This is important not just where your sexual feelings and attitudes are concerned, but also with your health generally, particularly as you age.

I am a case in point. When I mentioned to my doctor some months ago that I seemed to be getting exhausted much sooner than I used to, he had my testosterone levels tested (a simple blood test). They turned out to be very low, so he prescribed AndroGel, which is a daily skin dose [to bypass the liver]. [It also happens to be covered by insurance.] Within about a month of getting back up to the normal range, I became much more alert and energetic, muscletone began to increase [e.g. trips to the gym began to show results instead of just being tedious], and I don't have to worry about falling asleep at the wheel on the freeway anymore (!).

I should mention that the idea is to bring the body's failing natural production back up to a normal/ideal level, not to turn you into a libido-crazed werewolf. Nor is this a beefcake trip; the goal here is simply good health. Listen to that program, then - particularly if you are midlife(+), ask your doctor to test you.

#35520 - 02/12/10 04:11 AM Re: Testosterone & Estrogen [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

I agree with MawhrinSkel. People have to right to mold or modify their body however they want to. Though I admit, that I'm probably a little bias in this (well more so than the average person) since I am transgendered... kind of.

Mentally, I'm in the grey area between male and female, though I'm closer to female. And I plan to take some steps in feminizing my body (mainly to get rid of body and facial hair).

#35527 - 02/12/10 08:44 AM Re: Testosterone & Estrogen [Re: Shadow Dragon]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Good for you, Shadow Dragon! I'm transgender as well and I promise to make a fuller response to this when I have time to get my thoughts sufficiently in order to make a readable post. \:\)

#35577 - 02/12/10 09:28 PM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: TornadoCreator]
The Blackangel Offline

Loc: Missouri
I am also transgendered as well as bisexual. Since early childhood I always thought something was wrong with me. I thought I should have been a girl. These days I am open about it somewhat, my wife knows and doesn't mind that I lean more into a female personality than male. She even calls me by a female name.

Also as it sits I am currently working on a website for transgendered/homosexual people. It should be up sometime this summer.

#35831 - 02/19/10 06:30 PM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: Stag]
contragenic Offline
stranger

Loc: Phoenix,Az
For all those who keep regurgitating the word "think" in posting on this thread, it is not and never will be about what You think.
I have friends on both sides of the gender variant spectrum and in order to truly be a friend one must agree to their terms.Meeting people where they are at means that all of the societal rules that we are programmed with Must be suspended in order to be a true friend. He says he is a she, she says she is a he, so what.It is not for me or anyone else to define someones truth through my lens, my only choice as a friend is to accept whatever they say as the truth. Gender has absolutely nothing to do with biology/anatomy and it is a very fluid thing, meaning that what is true today may be different tomorrow. That does not change the heart of a person, they will always be the person I love and respect. Most days I wear all black, occasionally I wear some color,this practice is about what makes Me comfortable in my skin and in the world, and it does not change who I am.
There is entirely too much voyeurism involved in this thread and not enough introspection. Many of the posts seem to be asking the same question, "who or what do you have sex with" which is nobodys business. Picking a subject at random and researching it in order to understand is admirable,but people are not here to entertain us,they are just trying to live and be happy in spite of this uber ugly world. Looking at people who are different and focusing on the difference is counter productive, the whole person must be embraced not just bits and pieces.
I am a crusty bastard, and I don't pull any punches either with friends or strangers.If I am having my lunch with chopsticks and someone shows too much interest in how adept I am at using them they will leave after I insult them. I am just trying to eat my fucking lunch ok, you want to be entertained go turn on your stupid tv. Grow Up.

#37402 - 04/05/10 09:17 PM Re: Testosterone & Estrogen [Re: felixgarnet]
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: felixgarnet
Good for you, Shadow Dragon! I'm transgender as well and I promise to make a fuller response to this when I have time to get my thoughts sufficiently in order to make a readable post. \:\)

*poke* Hey Felix, have you managed to think of a fuller responce yet? I'm curious as to your full thoughts on the matter.

Mods, I apologize in advance if this post is deemed too short.

#37443 - 04/07/10 08:16 PM Re: Testosterone & Estrogen [Re: Shadow Dragon]
felixgarnet Offline

Thank you for giving me the kick in the pants I needed, Shadow Dragon! Just to start with, I'll post a copy of my reply to the question, "Felix - when did you first realise you were not destined to follow the life that convention usually dictates?" from another board:

OK, well I probably decided that as soon as my neurones started firing but didn't have the language to express how I would be willing to live until much later. I was never a child who insisted that I was "the other" sex - I just felt, and still feel, no particular identity with either. In my 40's lots of stuff, including chronic illness that gave me way too much time to be introvert, colluded to make me attempt to clarify who and what I was. Male came out as the closest option; I "knew" I wasn't a woman (not a masculine woman, that's another type of person) but bodily I could see every day that I wasn't a man. So . . .
Eventually, after my father's death and when my hair began to grey and when I realised the pregnancy I never wanted was no longer an option, I came to the double-whammy realisation that a) I was beginning to feel better and stronger and b) I had had more than half my life and sleep-walked through it.
After quite a few years activism with the trans community and a lot of soul-searching I met up with like-minded folk and we set up a social and support group whose establishment took place in my 50th year. I decided this would be my Golden Year and set to work exploring what changes were possible and how to make them. So far I have legally changed my name and title, have had blood tests and am waiting for assessment for hormones. I feel that I have never "grown up" and am curious to experience body/mind/soul congruence in so far as anyone can.

Quite a bit has happened since then (about a year ago). I do now take male hormones under professional supervision and am waiting for assessment for breast reduction/chest construction surgery.
My Gender Odyssey, or whatever you want to call it, is essential to my Satanic development. I'll be starting a fresh thread on this subject very soon. \:\)

#37497 - 04/10/10 07:45 PM Re: Testosterone & Estrogen [Re: felixgarnet]
Babylonian Dream Offline
stranger

Loc: Upstate New York
I've always felt a little like a girl, but always mostly like a guy. While I'm not transgender, at least I don't think I fit the definition, I can identify with it a little. I think that if someone wants to modify their body, more power to them. You're body is all yours, enjoy!

Though I like to look halfway in between male and female just by keeping my hair long, and cherishing that I don't yet have facial hair. I like that I can confuse people, because freaking people out a little can be fun.

#37542 - 04/12/10 12:37 PM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: TornadoCreator]
Damis Offline
pledge

Loc: England
To me it seems that one of the biggest potential problems when being transgendered is the prospect and inevitable need to deal with ones own immediate family. Granted some people may be lucky enough to have parents who accept and will support such things, but for a lot of people who feel they are 'Transgendered', reactions from their family can range from shock to being outright disowned. At least for me it seems the most daunting step that I will maybe one day have to take. Running a close second would be friends, but for the fact that different friends can be gained (easier said than done granted), either by finding new people or moving to a new location, however with your immediate family this is not the case.

Although personally I have never approached my own parents on the subject and have kept it hidden. Considering they are very racist and homophobic, I don't think Transgenderism would go down well with them and so for now, keeping it out of sight would seem to be the best course of action for me personally.

In fact, I can see a link between Transgenderism and Religion when the family is concerned, to take an example of a popular thread from this forum, "Satanism and the Family", by not conforming with the values or expectations of ones family, you run the risk of negative consequences. Similarly with both, there is the decision one must make between being ones true self or conforming for the sake of peace. However in the scenario of Satanism and the family, Satanism has the benefit of being able to be concealed from unwanted attention whilst still functioning, whilst Transgenderism involves changing oneself to how you feel is your proper state gender wise and cannot be concealed due to the aesthetic and behavioural changes involved.

#37613 - 04/14/10 11:01 PM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: Damis]
Babylonian Dream Offline
stranger

Loc: Upstate New York
For me, I have nothing to lose familywise. I never talked to my parents to begin with, though I live with them. They might as well be on the opposite side of the country, I have little to nothing to do with them.

I came out to my friends, I was lucky in that they were accepting. Turns out, I found out why they accepted me and others didn't, most of my friends turned out to be in similar shoes while others thought I was gay.

For me, I knew that in telling people at school I ran the risk of saying something, being abused by people in the school, and not having anyone to turn to for help. Though I just figured that I would just take whatever came, as I always do, and just deal with it.

I don't plan on telling my parents. By the time they can find out, I would've already moved on with my life elsewhere.

#39533 - 06/23/10 08:18 PM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: Babylonian Dream]
Clicks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
Just a little bit of a personal story here.

I was on deployment to thailand for a training exercise back in February. We were stationed in Khorat doing the exercise, but seeing as my MOS really doesn't have much to do on a deployment, I was able to talk some people into letting me get on a non-approved tour down to Pattaya along with a couple of my buds. I don't know if anyone here has been to Pattaya, but there is a street there, maybe a mile long called walking street, and it's for the most part go-go bars and whores. Well, me and my buds were sitting at this little outside bar that was part of a little row of similar bars at the side of the street after you first get there. All the little bars there were staffed by whores. I noticed one there at the one we were at that looked a little dudular. I called her over and started talking to her. With in a few minutes of subtly confirming through converstation, I realised that this chick was indeed a dude. I had asked how long she had been a girl, and she told me she always had. To me that signified that she had never felt she was a man, even when she was, and always identified with the female persona. Turns out about 10% of the whores out there in Pattaya were transgendered. Not quite so many up in Khorat, but still a decent amount. It's much more acceptable in thailand be be transgendered. I don't know if it's because the children aren't taught so stringently that homosexuality is wrong or what, but it got me thinking: whithout such a Christian influence on everything in the United States, I'm pretty sure something similar would happen. Without being ridiculed for acting how they feel, children would become more comfortable with themselves and the ones that choose so and feel so would be more free to get a sex change and not have to worry about social reprecussions.

Just my 2 cents.

#39639 - 06/28/10 04:39 PM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: Clicks]
TheInsane Offline

I am actually currently working with a person who has had a sex change. Now I havent actually spoken to her about it but from what I gather from other topics we have discussed she did not have an easy childhood, or at least looks back at it that way, and tends to think its because she was different.

I can absolutely see why. When I first started working with her I didnt know what to make of it. Here is this tall person, with a manly voice, small breasts and hair thats medium length but not in an obvious male nor female hair style. The body language was very feminine but the body itself looks more masculine. Its just a very weird feeling not being able to place someone on a male/female scale.

Of course as I got to know her (formerly him) I realized that she was a woman but had been a man. But its still weird for me to use the word "she" when talking about her.

She is very well read and we actually had a great conversation about the concept of time and about its existence or non-existence as an objective reality just the other day.

I wouldnt like the word "bothered" but there is still something I find very weird about the body language in relation to the body actually showing it. But I do have a problem in general with people who are overly animated and this person is very feminine in body language but very masculine in body type and voice. It creates a weird contrast.

Still, I dont mind if people have sex-changes if thats what they want. And I can still be friends with someone who has had it so I dont really have any moral problems with it.

#39715 - 06/30/10 10:54 PM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: TheInsane]
Clicks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
I can see where you're coming from with people being overly animated. In homosexuals or transgenders it seems a lot of the time that they try to act more feminine than they feel, trying to make a people to other people that they are indeed a little different. I can understand wanting recognition, especially when you're lifestyle is looked down upon by a large number of others, but when you make a point of acting a way that you're not, or exagerating yourself, to me thats acting as someone else, your not being yourself, and I can't respect that. I'm not saying that all gays or trannies are this way (and I'm certainly not saying at all that I don't approve of them, to each their own), but portraying yourself as something you're not whilst seeking out attention just isn't something I like. There were a couple whores up in thailand that would come and sit next to me in a bar, that I wouldn't have known otherwise whether or not that they were transgendered had it not been for the overly feminine way they acted. They really do some great work with the surgery up there though. Shit's legit. I had a hilarious experience one night when I ended up brining one back to my hotel room. However, that is a story for another time.

#39719 - 07/01/10 12:33 AM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: Clicks]
felixgarnet Offline

Well, I don't imagine I come over as particularly over-animated or feminine ;\) - there are female-to-male transgender people, you know! I'll come back to this thread when I've more time but felt it necessary to chime in.
Meanwhile - anyone who wants to ask a question, please prepare it and I'll do my utmost to answer. \:\)

#39757 - 07/01/10 09:13 PM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: felixgarnet]
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

There's two big reasons why many transwomen (ie male to females) often act in a hyper feminine, over animated manner.

First off, it's because many of them had to repress their feminine sides for a long time. Think of it like a shaken up soda. Once the cap is removed, the pressure causes the soda to come flying out.

Secondly, they are doing it to fit in. They go all out with their girlyness to try to get people to accept that they're women. A natural born woman will hardly ever get questioned on her femaleness. Even if she acts in a tomboyish manner. However if a transwoman shows any signs of masculinity, then she won't be accepted as being female by many and will simply be seen as a man in a dress, so to speak.

Obviously, this doesn't go for all ftm transwomen. Some are simply very feminine by nature. Others won't act in a feminine manner, even though they are transitioning.

Page 3 of 10 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.