Topic Options
#101060 - 06/25/15 04:44 AM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: Blood Cleric]
Gattamelata Offline
stranger

#101061 - 06/25/15 05:32 AM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: Gattamelata]
Blood Cleric Offline
stranger

Loc: California
ah great segway into race; definitely being comfortable in your own skin is never limited to gender... I hope in social politics were can eradicate one day these "natural" limiting boundaries and push ourselves further into personal contentment. If I feel like a wolf I shall become the wolf because I feel stronger in doing so.

#101075 - 06/25/15 12:30 PM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: Blood Cleric]
MReynolds Offline
Permanently Banned Troll

Our struggle is your struggle!?

Seriously!?

Mister Wrong Skin, Godfrey, and his ilk need a major reality-check if they think that their "struggle" is my "struggle".

That's nothing new though, I saw talk-shows in the 90's, when I was a kid that showcased such persons. Identity crisis, persistent, and markedly disturbed indeed, but a part of me does wonder if there's an actual science behind it. ?

As for transgenderism.. what a joke that mess has become, but it's entertaining none-the-less. I myself was strongly suspected of having GID (Gender Identity Disorder) in my younger years. During puberty, I did experience a sex/gender conflict/crisis after all, and did have that sinking feeling of.. shit, I'm a female trapped in a male's body. That's not how I feel now-a-days, nor is it how I've felt in the last several years, or more actually. Perhaps gender-queer is appropriate, but.. fuck it, I'm just me. Sometimes I'm 'one of the boys', and other times I'm 'one of the girls'.

Edited by MReynolds (06/25/15 12:31 PM)

#101079 - 06/25/15 12:51 PM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: MReynolds]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Ca
On 'wrong skin'...

Say what you will, but the proof there is seriously something to feeling 'trapped' in the wrong body is found in all those men out there walking around wearing a bra and panties, and not for comfort. Androgen levels upon a spectrum, man/woman.
11:56 PM July, 1st 2019
Wrote Signature

#101081 - 06/25/15 01:13 PM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: MReynolds]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
 Originally Posted By: MR
I did experience a sex/gender conflict/crisis after all, and did have that sinking feeling of.. shit, I'm a female trapped in a male's body
I'm basically a lesbian in a man's body - but I like having a man's body, so not "trapped".

Having a donker is so much more convenient, I'm built like Apollo, I don't get all emotional once a month, chances are 75 - 80% I could kick any given person's ass in a fair-one (should it come to that), yet I have a nurturing side. Just look at the Baphomet - tits and a dick - it explains it all. I actually DO give a shit.

the only difference between you and I, is that I dig women. You can only fuck about, maybe an hour a day (unless you're into some seriously fun chemicals) and as it has been said before

"you fall in love with a person, not a gender"

You're not "fucked up" you're just honest.

#101106 - 06/26/15 03:24 AM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: MReynolds]
Blood Cleric Offline
stranger

Loc: California
I guess my hopes for this thread is to eventually steer away from the whole gay/straight/bi-sexual preference discussion and delve into gender and racial identity. These are two separate topics but "struggle" wise I guess can be taken as referencing personal freedom.. possibly?

#101166 - 06/27/15 09:42 AM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: Blood Cleric]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Transgenders have slowly been gaining acceptance in society, but they still have a long way to go. Caitlyn Jenner kicked the door open with her Vanity Fair cover, but I think another recent cover is just as noteworthy. I subscribe to exactly one magazine, Entertainment Weekly, and earlier this month this is what came in the mail:

I couldnít get over how beautiful she was. I showed the cover to my wife and asked what she thought of it. She remarked that the woman was very pretty. When I told her that the woman had been born male, she couldnít believe it. Iím sure there are less feminine pics of her floating around online, but that cover is impressive.

Iíve never seen Orange Is the New Black, but now Iím curious (so to speak). I may check it out. Anyone else here seen it?

#101175 - 06/27/15 12:14 PM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: William Wright]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Ca
 Quote:
Iíve never seen†Orange Is the New Black, but now Iím curious (so to speak). I may check it out. Anyone else here seen it?

That show kicks ass. Jenji Kohan (Sex In The City/Weeds) is a great writer, and did a great adaptation of the book (from what I've heard).

Like Weeds, it leaves you with some cliffhangers, and forces you to wait a year to find out if Alex got killed for ratting on the drug kingpin. Goddammit.

Though it's more geared towards women and LGBT considering the various story arcs.
11:56 PM July, 1st 2019
Wrote Signature

#101182 - 06/27/15 04:37 PM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: CanisMachina42]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Iím not surprised. Iíve heard a lot of good things about the show. Iíll probably check out Weeds as well. Never cared much for Sex and the City; probably helps if you have a vagina.

Iím OK with cliffhangers. It goes with the territory. The last two serial shows I got into were The Following and Bates Motel. Not surprised that The Following got canceled. First two seasons were fun, but the third season just didnít work for me. I watched it with my daughter, and (spoiler alert) after Joe was executed (oops, too late) she wanted to watch it nevermore. She loved Joe, even more than Kevin Baconís character I think. As for Bates, Norman rocks well and his mom is super fucking hot. Great show.

Iím cool with LGBT stuff, as long as its focus is on the L. Kinda like Tís too (male to female). Theyíre not really dudes, so itís not really gay. Just go with me on this.

#101187 - 06/27/15 09:35 PM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: William Wright]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
Combing back through this thread I found a what-the-fuck-was-I-thinking? post of mine own from a few years ago. Disregard my old bullshit.

Transgenderism is not a black and white thing, but on the most basic level I can say this: It is every lucid person's right to do anything they want with their own body. Whatever anyone else thinks it is not their call.

Yes, I think pretty much all trans people have some issues with identity. Wouldn't you? It's not the cause, it's just the psychological factors that come about from going through transition. For comparison, think of anyone raised strict catholic that gave it up. Old feelings die hard.

#101203 - 06/28/15 07:59 AM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: TV is God]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
If one is suffering from an identity crisis, how lucid can they be?

While I agree that your body belongs to you, do you think such conditions are needed to determine who or what has an authority over it?

Quote:
It's not the cause, it's just the psychological factors that come about from going through transition.

How can you know this? Wouldn't this position act as authority to make such a determination?

It would be like creating an if/then position.

If, a person is lucid then I think they should be left alone to do what they want.

or

If, a person is not lucid then I think someone should step in and disrupt this process.

How about this one?

If you're to be autonomous, then be left to your own governance. Even if you fuck shit up.

#101227 - 06/28/15 07:33 PM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: SIN3]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
Woah, there's a big jump there between issues and crisis.

That's a pretty small detail to get hung up on when we essentially agree.

By lucid I mean lucid. If having a few insecurities neurosis makes you not lucid I'll meet you all in the nuthouse.

Anyone with a reasonable ability to take care of themselves (no dementia, alzheimer's, ect.) should do whatever the fuck they want.

#101238 - 06/29/15 09:45 AM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: TV is God]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Quote:
there's a big jump there between issues and crisis.

Is there? How many Trans folk have you actually met and interact with on a regular basis? Issues looks a lot like Crisis. Perhaps it's become so normalized that men want to hack of their peni in favor of vaginas that it's no longer considered extreme. Sure, let them do what they want to their own bodies but you can still recognize it as a crisis.

Even people suffering from brain abnormalities are known to express thoughts clearly and precisely, even if they are just as batshit.

#101241 - 06/29/15 10:01 AM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: TV is God]
when7iseleven Offline

Loc: High Peak, UK

It is every lucid person's right to do anything they want with their own body.

As long as they are willing to pay for it themsleves then if that's what they want to do then fine........but don't expect the taxpayer to fund it.

Same goes for couples who can't have children....there should only be four options 1) get over it 2) pay for your own IVF 3) adopt 4) get over it again.

Centrally funded Health Systems should be purely that, for health reasons & not for lifestyle choices.

Edited by when7iseleven (06/29/15 10:02 AM)

#101254 - 06/29/15 12:00 PM Re: Transgenderism. [Re: when7iseleven]
Sargeist Offline

Loc: Chile
When it comes to sex appeal I'm a little fucked. I'm 30 years old yet without a beard I look like 20. I'm also short and fragile looking because of short limbs (my arms are quite thin, unlike my legs) and have a round belly I can't seem to get rid of. In other words I don't look exactly manly. However, I always wanted to look androgynous but the problem is that most women find androgynous men repulsive (specially metalheads) and I don't want to spend the rest of my life girlfriendless.

My point is, people have no issues with homosexuality but when you start playing with the preconceived notions of gender they get all outraged and upset. So much for open-mindedness.

Page 9 of 10 « First<678910>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.015 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.