Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#33358 - 12/29/09 04:03 PM Any truth 2rumor that LaVey wanted Boyd Rice to...
111Cal Offline

Follow him as the High Priest once he was gone? I have heard it from several sources. I used to be aquainted with Boyd Rice but never asked him about it. Several mutual friends have told me that LaVey had asked Boyd about taking over when he was gone, but by that time Boyd Rice was past that phase in his life and didnt want to do it? just curious
#33386 - 12/30/09 11:03 AM Re: Any truth 2rumor that LaVey wanted Boyd Rice to... [Re: 111Cal]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I have no idea. I'm just a young out-of-the-loop whippersnapper.

I can, however, posit that Rice would have made a terrible High Priest of the CoS. Yeah, he's kinda smart, and his music is nifty, but he would have been terrible for the Church's PR considering he- like Schreck- is prone to whiny psuedo-nihilistic ranting and doesn't know when to shut his trap. And he also seems to be more of a drifter than someone who would stay put in the Church and see it through-- as was evidently the case, according to your post.

#33390 - 12/30/09 12:07 PM Re: Any truth 2rumor that LaVey wanted Boyd Rice to... [Re: The Zebu]
111Cal Offline

Well Boyds main priority has always been Boyd. That is not an insult, just a fact. The Church of Satan, his relationships, his Manson daliances... all came second. He would have been a much better choice than Peter Gilmore... but I dont think he would have been the most dedicated at it.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.