Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#33445 - 01/01/10 01:04 PM Freedland's 1973 LP 'The Occult explosion' ASLV
Born Offline
stranger

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I

II

#33450 - 01/01/10 04:39 PM Re: Freedland's 1973 LP 'The Occult explosion' ASL [Re: Born]
Jake999 Offline

THANK YOU! For finding this on You Tube. While I have The Occult Explosion album, and I'm pretty capable of many things on the computer, posting of files to You Tube isn't something I know how to do. Guess I could play the piece on Dark Ryde Radio, but that would be much more limited in scope.

But your post clearly points out what Lavey's vision of Satanism and the Church of Satan was EARLY into the process of its development pre-1975, where he states, "Satan to us is a SYMBOL rather than an anthropomorphic being." Of course, he acknowledges that there are members who might not see it as such, and states his reasons why this is not categorically forbidden.

Now, as noted, The Occult Explosion came out in 1973 and, with production times, since this is a compilation of other "occult" speakers as well, we can imagine that it took some time to compile the lectures and press the albums. Let's be conservative and say a year. That takes it back to 1972... possibly even earlier.

One wonderful thing about this album is that it's very, very much like it would have been, sitting around the Purple Room, or in the Den of Iniquity or another of the "after work" gathering places in the Black House, where Dr. LaVey would talk to us. Of course, you don't get the interaction of the others, and you don't get the bawdy joking, and you don't get the smells of the perfumes of the Witches, nor the sight of their short skirts... sorry... flashback.

#33457 - 01/01/10 08:48 PM Re: Freedland's 1973 LP 'The Occult explosion' ASL [Re: Jake999]
Jake999 Offline

An an aside:

If anyone would be interested in the rest of the Occult Explosion LP, you can hear it here:

http://www.archive.org/details/occult_explosion

Topics are ESP, UFOs, Astrology, Witchcraft, Indian Magic, Psychics and more.

Don't forget to check out the two musical selections by Black Widow.

Edited by Jake999 (01/01/10 08:50 PM)
Edit Reason: Added info

#33546 - 01/04/10 09:42 AM Re: Freedland's 1973 LP 'The Occult explosion' ASL [Re: Jake999]
Born Offline
stranger

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I was completely unaware of the album until just recently, and it blew my mind when a friend shared the LaVey portion with me. I had not really seen much in the form of memorabilia other than the most common things found online...
This is a real gem Jake! Thanks for sharing it \:\)

#33551 - 01/04/10 12:10 PM Re: Freedland's 1973 LP 'The Occult explosion' ASL [Re: Jake999]
Meq Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: Jake999
THANK YOU! For finding this on You Tube. While I have The Occult Explosion album, and I'm pretty capable of many things on the computer, posting of files to You Tube isn't something I know how to do.

Since you are a Mac user I would recommend iMovie. It supports direct uploading to YouTube as well as advanced video editing. You can easily create videos from audio clips and images, upload and grab the embed code to embed on forums and blogs.

You'll need an account at YouTube (or similar) but setting one up is straightforward, it can even be linked to a Gmail account for a single login for both (YouTube is owned by Google, for those unaware).

For Windows users, Windows Movie Maker is similar but with less features and limited formats supported. Still usable for simple tasks though.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.