Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#33836 - 01/11/10 04:47 AM Peanut Butter - your favorite brands?
Baron dHolbach Offline

I love peanut butter. I eat it on a slice of Double Protein toast at least five days a week. My two favorite brands are:

1. Smart Balance - http://www.smartbalance.com/PeanutButterFamily.aspx

2. Peanut Butter & Co - http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/

The second of the two sells (at least in my local Shop Rite supermarket) a Cinnamon & Raisin flavor, a Dark Chocolate flavor, and a White Chocolate flavor, all of which I love!

Any peanut butter fans out there? What are your favorite brands?

#33844 - 01/11/10 06:29 AM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Baron dHolbach]
PeteOfTheDead Offline

Loc: Brunswick, Melbourne, Victoria...
Mate, you can give me any brand you like and I'll eat it. I love the stuff too. As long as it's crunchy.

I eat just plain old peanut butter. Cinnamon and Raisin? I don't know if I'm brave enough to eat exotic stuff like that :P .

#33853 - 01/11/10 02:16 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: PeteOfTheDead]
Happy Birthday Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
They're all good, but if I want a special treat, I make my own.
I buy peanuts at the local supermarket. About a pound or so, and put it in the food processor.

It may take some getting used to, since there are no additives such as sugar.

I've also made almond butter the same way. It tastes exactly like the gourmet stuff that we can buy here from a local gourmet factory that ships their stuff world wide.

#33862 - 01/11/10 09:31 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Asmedious]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Peanut butter can make for a damn good pie filling. Just mix a jar of it with some powdered sugar until it becomes a crumbly texture then spread it in your pie crust, top with vanilla pudding and put it in the fridge. The colder it gets, the better it tastes. I find that Reese's is the best peanut butter for that use but you may enjoy others.

#39213 - 06/09/10 04:44 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Baron dHolbach]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
I could live off of peanut butter, seriously.

I prefer Jif extra crunchy but will give some others a try. that cinnamon raisin thing sounds good \:\)

#39306 - 06/13/10 10:46 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Baron dHolbach]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
As it happens, I was recently listening to a radio interview of a dietician who was discussing the value [and authenticity] of "organic" foods. One of his particular fixations happened to be, you guessed it. His conclusion: PB is great stuff, but stick with the best organic only. [After all, consider the impact on your life expectancy.]

And of course PB has its LBM applications too ...

#39314 - 06/14/10 01:53 AM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Baron dHolbach]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
I have to go with Smuckers. If you look at the ingredients it just says, peanuts. Few people read the ingredients when buying food. In that sense the old saying is true; less is more.

My favorite snack for a while has been peanut butter and honey on whole wheat bread.

I'm also lucky. Since I live in NY, there's a Peanut Butter & Co. sandwich shop that I love to go to.

#42257 - 08/22/10 10:14 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Knievel74]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Peanut Butter...I need to get some of the stuff in my system on a daily basis. It's satisfying as well as nutritious. And, it pleases me to the utmost! The brand I buy when I'm in the grocery store: Jif.

#44026 - 11/06/10 09:14 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: paolo sette]
JWG Offline
pledge

Smucker's All Natural Peanut Butter all the way. I am addicted to the stuff. I personally have a hard time eating Jiffy, Peter Pan or other brands of peanut butter such as that. Tastes too much like candy, all natural tastes much more fulfilling.

Peanut butter addict here. \:\)

#44059 - 11/09/10 02:55 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: JWG]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
I know I posted what my favorite peanut butter is. But I think I've discovered my new favorite peanut butter. It's called Naturally More. I call it Super Peanut Butter. My girlfriend calls it The Awesome Peanut Butter.

Not only does it have roasted peanuts (my fav), but the other ingredients are: Wheat Germ, Honey, Egg whites, Flax seeds and Flaxseed oil. You have to stir the hell out of it so you can eat it and it ends up with the consistency of paste. Not only does it taste great but it WILL clean out your system after you eat it, lol

#65021 - 02/29/12 08:57 AM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Knievel74]
Abaaza Offline
stranger

Loc: MA
I love peanut butter. I never get tierd of peanut butter and jelly. Recently I tryed the Planters brand....pretty fuckin good. The dark chocolate sounds awsome.

#65022 - 02/29/12 09:06 AM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Abaaza]
Managor Offline

You do realize this thread is almost a year old since the last post, right?
#65029 - 02/29/12 12:32 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Managor]
Diavolo Moderator Offline
RIP
stalker

Thus you decided to reprimand him for replying to an old post by using a one-liner huh?

It doesn't matter if people reply to older posts unless of course they're trying to answer an urgent question of someone who died of old age last year. But besides those, there's no date after which posts can't be replied to.

D.

#65120 - 03/02/12 01:16 AM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Diavolo]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
Since this post I have tried all three flavored peanut butters mentioned in the OP. The dark chocolate is good and the cinnamon raisin well once you get used to the raisins its the best of the three.

My favorites lately are surprisingly stop and shop natures promise brand almond butter and their cashew butter. These are a much less processed nut butter so you will need to stir the jar from time to time.

Mmmm time for some almond butter on toast with honey.

~T~

#65124 - 03/02/12 08:57 AM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: ta2zz]
Happy Birthday Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Hey Ta2zz, good to see you. I was wondering if you were still around.

The little town where I was working has a small factory that makes nut products that are all natural, with nothing added. I think they are called "Once again nut butter," or something like that. I believe that they sell their products nation wide now. So far, I find that their products are the best, but it does take a little getting used to since they don't add sugars like most of the big name companies do, and they do cost about twice as much as the big brand name products.
On the other hand I attempted to make all natural almond butter the way that they make it and it turned out perfect, but I almost burned out my food processor while doing it, and after all the effort and mess I found that buying the almonds myself ended up costing the same as what that company charges for the same amount of Almond butter.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.