Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#65176 - 03/03/12 04:15 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Asmedious]
creativevalue Offline
banned
pledge

In Spain they make nut drinks by soaking the nuts in fruit and vegetable juices until they become soft enough to make into a thick drink.

There are spice, seed, and nut grinders that are made for grinding nuts into a powder form. They are not expensive and can be purchased easily at many stores.

I shop at grocery stores in my area that are do not cater to x-tians. That way I know there are no x-tians in the stores and the food is not made by x-tians. They sell all natural peanut butter without salt or sugar. I also shop at a x-tian free health food store. They sell a variety of raw nuts, seeds, and nut butters. There are no artificial ingredients or hormones allowed in any of the foods. Quality is top notch.

If price is an issue try salt and sugar free tahini. Where I live it is less expensive then most nut butters, and is very healthy. Many of the brands are made locally so we know the ingredients are safe, and they are not made by x-tians. This guarantees they are clean, pure, and lie free.

If you like a sweetener try stevia or xylitol. It is a healthy alternative sold in my local stores. All of the stores in my area are open on Sundays and on x-tian holidays, so we can shop and defile x-tian false beliefs.

Edited by creativevalue (03/03/12 04:23 PM)
Edit Reason: wording

#65179 - 03/03/12 07:36 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: creativevalue]
LeftHandonFeet Offline

My favorite peanut butter is the kind that never runs out. There's nothing like looking in the cabinet and realizing you have run out! I call it an ultimate WTF moment. I favor the honey flavored peanut butter more than regular or crunchy.
There's a deli down the street from my house that serves creative sandwiches you won't find elsewhere. One of them is named The Elvis. It has bacon, honey and peanut butter on toasted bread. Good shit to say the least!

#65186 - 03/04/12 12:13 AM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: LeftHandonFeet]
seekswisdom Offline

Loc: California,U.S.
Creamy skippy, is my favorite. The nutty skippy has a wierd texture to me and is a pain in the ass to sread on a piece of bread. Whenever I eat grapes, I put peanut butter on them and they taste great!. Now the (Elvis) Peanut butter bacon sandwich , that LeftHandonFeet metioned, sounds like the perfect peanut sandwich, but minus the bacon. A bacon-peanut butter sandwich, sounds like somthing someone would make up after smoking a bowl of White widow. I would try it!!
#65190 - 03/04/12 08:35 AM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: LeftHandonFeet]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
This is the first time that I have ever read anything on here that I consider to be truly sacrilegious and just plain wrong!!

Every big Elvis fan knows, that one of his favorite foods was FRIED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANNA SANDWICHES.

There was no bacon and other stuff in it.

Never thought that I would read anything on this site that would actually upset me.

;\)

#65198 - 03/04/12 02:56 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Asmedious]
creativevalue Offline
banned
pledge

Peanut Butter and banana's are excellent. Mixing in some unsweetened cocoa powder adds an excellent twist.

Unsweetened cocoa is one of the five foods nutritionists say we should eat more of.

The bacon and peanut butter sandwich sounds disgusting. Foods from swine carry encephalitis and tape worms. Encephalitis is when tape worms get into the human brain. Not a pleasant thought. Best to avoid pig based foods altogether for your own health.

Edited by creativevalue (03/04/12 02:57 PM)
Edit Reason: spacing

#65200 - 03/04/12 03:32 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: creativevalue]
Erich Zann Offline

Loc: Germany
 Originally Posted By: creativevalue
Foods from swine carry encephalitis and tape worms. Encephalitis is when tape worms get into the human brain. Not a pleasant thought. Best to avoid pig based foods altogether for your own health.

Um, I think you got something wrong here. Even as somebody who doesn't eat meat at all I can tell you that this is simply not true. Encephalitis has nothing to do with the worms - it's caused by bacteria or viruses, sometimes fungi. The thing you named would most likely be the Cysticercosis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cysticercosis).
And furthermore: Where do you get your food that you have to be seriously worried about tape worms? Most people I know ate pork all their life and never had a single incident with these guys. If you cook or fry the meat, there is nearly no risk at all (assuming it's still fresh).

@ topic: Well, I've been a fan of peanut butter all my life. Pure, with strawberry jam, with strawberry jam & bananas - great stuff! My favorite brand doesn't really exist - the companies producing peanut butter over here a very rare, so except for the really cheap stuff, I'm happy to get at least something. Though a supermarket near my home once imported Skippy, 13 Euros (about 17$) for 16 oz. That's where my love for peanut butter found a limit ;\)

-Bart Simpson

#65207 - 03/04/12 06:05 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Erich Zann]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Encephalitis is when the thin membrane that covers the brain gets infected by a virus or a bacteria. A worm of some kind would be a parasitic infection.

(That's as best as I can remember from nursing school, but one can google it to get a better idea)

#65208 - 03/04/12 06:21 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Asmedious]
creativevalue Offline
banned
pledge

Right Asmedious, it is called Cysticerosis that is a form of pork tape worm. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001651/ (I am doing my doctorate, but not in biology, sorry I got the terms confused)

Regardless (Erich), why would anyone eat a food that has the risk of transferring these diseases? It seems like saying, I have known people who have played Russian roulette and they are still alive, so it is ok to play Russian roulette. If there is the risk of getting tape worm, or Cysticerosis, or any disease, why take that risk? Better to not eat pork related foods.

I purchase my meats at a top quality butcher, who of course is not x-tian and serves non-xtians. They do not sell pork, and all meats are fresh with no hormones or additives and only the top choice cuts. I went shopping today, and purchased freshly made pure smoothly chopped beef liver, freshly cut thick sandwich steaks, and homemade Romanian beef kishka. Along with my other groceries.

I purchased tahini and natural peanut butter, to go on the bakery fresh bread no-salt or sugar, or other additives. Will try the peanut butter on some fruits, may taste good on apples or with honey.

Edited by creativevalue (03/04/12 06:33 PM)
Edit Reason: grammar

#65209 - 03/04/12 06:51 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: creativevalue]
Erich Zann Offline

Loc: Germany
 Originally Posted By: creativevalue
Regardless (Erich), why would anyone eat a food that has the risk of transferring these diseases?

Well, from that perspective any kind of food can be dangerous. Innards could contain high amounts of dioxin, beef can be contaminated with BSE, fish might contain all kinds of chemicals due to the state of the seas. Hell, there's even the risk that one day you eat at one of the most expensive restaurants ever and die because one of the guys in the kitchen fucked up collecting the right mushrooms for the homemade mushroom gravy made from hand-selected mushrooms straight out of the forest.

There is a risk that these things happen. Why eat food as long as it's possible to catch a disease from it?

There is no reason to avoid pork in particular if it's well-prepared. You can easily get your diseases from all the other kinds of food, too. If you put it that way, life itself is Russian roulette as you called it.

Edited by Erich Zann (03/04/12 06:53 PM)
Edit Reason: grammar

-Bart Simpson

#65214 - 03/04/12 07:22 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Erich Zann]
creativevalue Offline
banned
pledge

It is true there is risk in everything we do in life. I think it is smart to choose the risks we take, and to reduce risk as much as possible. It is wise to think of the downside, ask what if I am wrong, and reduce my risk.

I saw your location in Germany, and thought you would like the Romanian Kishka. In the USA we are required to use artificial casings, but in Romania they use the real thing. So we reduce our risk with the artificial casing.

Mushrooms are a great way to replace meats. A portobello mushroom burger with mozzarella, tomatoes, pimentos, smothered in gravy on a huge home baked kaiser roll is usually a nice treat.

Edited by creativevalue (03/04/12 07:25 PM)
Edit Reason: spacing

#65216 - 03/04/12 07:34 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: creativevalue]
Diavolo Moderator Offline
RIP
stalker

I live in an area that has been eating pork since the days of yore. It is strangely enough not known for its immense pork-meat related death rate.

I checked and about 50k people die from Cysticercosis each year; globally. 8 times as many die from drowning. It would make more sense to no longer swim and still eat pork.

In fact, a lot of those that are afraid of those strange diseases you can get from eating pork have no problem sticking their tongue and every other extremity that fits into all possible openings of the sexual partner they hooked up with in some bar.

But bacon, woooo no that could kill you.

Funny not?

Back to peanut butter.

D.

#65223 - 03/04/12 11:36 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: creativevalue]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Fuck man I sure hope no damn xtians had anything to do with making my nut butter. I seriously hope no xtian said any prayer while slaughtering my cow that I will be happy to eat on your treat, minus the fungus.

Quite amusing all this thought of the xtian tainted goods we come in contact with daily in this xtian tainted world. Ah well perhaps its time to call my xtian free doctor and get an appointment for my "Jesus Fucking Christ Dude" booster shot.

No wonder I wasnt feeling well, damn blessed crackers!

~T~

Edited by ta2zz (03/04/12 11:40 PM)
Edit Reason: just to edit something

#65224 - 03/04/12 11:52 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Asmedious]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Asmedious
Hey Ta2zz, good to see you. I was wondering if you were still around.

Yes I read more than I post lately. Having progressed down my path I have zero need like so many to continue defining the S word and zero to prove or gain by writing.

On the addition of bacon to Elvis's favorite snack what can you really say? Isn't everything better with bacon? So this got me thinking and I did the Google thing and now I want these, peanut butter bacon cookies.

With a slight tweak that recipe would fit well in the counterculture thread.

~T~

#65278 - 03/06/12 06:48 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: ta2zz]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
I'm not sure why but there is just something innately wrong with bacon and peanut butter in the same food. It might be good, but I don't know if it's something I could bring myself to eat. But eh, to each their own.

Now peanut butter and banana sandwich.....NUM!

Oh and to Creative...You won't eat pork but you'll eat cow liver? I find that rather strange considering what does get filtered through a cows liver and what can get caught there that you then ingest. But eh, rationalize any way you need.

#65391 - 03/11/12 08:05 PM Re: Peanut Butter - your favorite brands? [Re: Nyte]
LeftHandonFeet Offline

Ladies and gentleman, I did forget to mention that ingredient on the Elvis sandwich I mentioned in my previous post - fried bananas. Of course I like fried plantains better than fried bananas, but the way they make the Elvis sandwich is superb. Cooking is like our speech; similar to the old saying "its not just what you say its how you say it", various food ingredients can take on a whole new face when prepared certain ways. Has anyone here ever spread a little peanut butter on a candy bar?

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.064 seconds of which 0.041 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.