Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#33857 - 01/11/10 07:52 PM What in the world is up with Sarah Palin?
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Sarah Palin a Fox News commentator? No ShitÖ

Governor mehÖ Vice Presidential candidate no biggieÖ I worked part time in the 80ís as a sportscaster and I always wanted to be a news commentator.

So what message does this send, I see a few. Interesting indeed.

I wonder does the secret service protect unelected presidential candidates after the election or only the elected officials?

EDIT: Forgot the damn link. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100111/ap_on_en_tv/us_palin_fox_news

~T~

Edited by ta2zz (01/11/10 07:59 PM)
Edit Reason: Marked

#33884 - 01/12/10 04:25 AM Re: What in the world is up with Sarah Palin? [Re: ta2zz]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
It really doesn't send a message it is just an approach to the problem. As a commentator, as opposed to being a politician, she is free to speak her mind without scripting or modulation.

Look at the election in NY 23. This is most like the future for her. She will vett the conservative bona fides of various candidates.

#34001 - 01/14/10 09:26 PM Re: What in the world is up with Sarah Palin? [Re: Fist]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
I donít think Sarah Palin has anymore interest in political office. Yes, she certainly does have more freedom to speak her mind as a commentator (although Iím sure Fox is pulling some strings). The whole fishbowl life a national politician lives has got to take its toll. I think Palin is quite content to play the talking head, saying whatever asinine things she wants (and collecting big paychecks doing it).

All things considered, I think Palin has done all right for herself. Although I really canít stand her as a human being, I canít argue with her success.

#34004 - 01/14/10 10:18 PM Re: What in the world is up with Sarah Palin? [Re: ta2zz]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Sarah Palin
"It's wonderful to be part of a place that so values fair and balanced news."

Oh yeah, fair and balanced, that is exactly what comes to mind when I think of FOX News. At the very least it will be interesting to hear more of the retarded stuff that come out of her mouth. And she isn't too hard on the eyes either.

#34007 - 01/14/10 11:21 PM Re: What in the world is up with Sarah Palin? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
GillesdeRais Offline

I thought when they wrote "fair and balanced news" they were being facetious? Anyone who believes that FOX isn't conservative, and the REST of the mainstream media (read everyone else: CNN, NPR, CBS, BBC, NBC, ABC, BLA, HHH ;\) is not, needs to lay off the head in the sand bit, rejoin the team, and come on in for the big win!
HOO-AHH!

#34012 - 01/15/10 12:57 AM Re: What in the world is up with Sarah Palin? [Re: GillesdeRais]
PeteOfTheDead Offline

Loc: Brunswick, Melbourne, Victoria...
That's exactly what I thought when I saw a story about it on one channel's news here.

Sarah Palin has been employed by a 'right-wing' television network? Aren't all commercial networks right-wing? They wouldn't be in business if they weren't

#34022 - 01/15/10 05:56 AM Re: What in the world is up with Sarah Palin? [Re: William Wright]
Baron dHolbach Offline

Originally Posted By: William Wright
All things considered, I think Palin has done all right for herself. Although I really canít stand her as a human being, I canít argue with her success.

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."
H. L. Mencken

"There's a sucker born every minute."
The banker David Hannum
If you think P. T. Barnum said it, click here:
http://www.historybuff.com/library/refbarnum.html

The irony is that David Hannum was himself a sucker.

In any case, Sarah Palin's success is one more bit of evidence that politics is a carnival and the voters its rubes.

But at least she's a MILF. Physically, at least. Oh, and the Tina Fey skits were funny as hell to me, so much so that I bought a season of 30 Rock on DVD to see more of Tina Fey's work. I hope Sarah Palin runs for president again, so we get more skits. It would also be an excellent test of how right Mencken actually was. I predict Palin is unelectable against a savvy politician; I.e., she would beat Gore, but never Obama. But maybe I should heed Mencken's advice.

#34037 - 01/15/10 09:04 AM Re: What in the world is up with Sarah Palin? [Re: Baron dHolbach]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Now honestly, I do find this curious. Just what exactly pisses people off about Sarah Palin? I never understood this.

I think conservative women annoy the Left in the same way conservative black people annoy the Left. The Left has a plantation mentality where they think they 'own' women and Blacks. Any 'minority' who goes against the Revealed Knowledge of Leftist orthodoxy is treated as an apostate.

#34040 - 01/15/10 12:05 PM Re: What in the world is up with Sarah Palin? [Re: Fist]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Sarah Palin doesn't piss me off in the least. But as someone who values credibility and integrity in someone who's been elected to office, she absolutely disgusts me. Instead of being educated about issues, she relies on folksy charm and her good looks to bullshit her way through a discussion. She likes to think she has a large vocabulary, but more often than not misuses the words. She'd be better off refraining from trying to use those "Words A Day" in her speeches and interviews and just stick with what she knows.

The fact that she's conservative has nothing at all to do with my "feelings" towards her. But aside from her redneck ideology and her so-called "values" (about which she's proved to be a complete hypocrite) that she's chose to identify herself with, she has little in common with true Conservatism. Instead, she has chosen to ilabel herself as the "new kid" of modern Republicans, who as a party have gradually drifted away from Conservatism. Republican no longer equal Conservatism, though they still like to think so. But they themselves still equate Democrat with Liberal, despite the fact that many Dems have shown strong disapproval with Obama and the Democrats in Congress since the '08 election. They've distanced themselves from the "Liberal" agenda, yet still identify themselves as Democrats.

People don't like her because she's a fucking retard, plain and simple. All show and no substance. Despite her popularity (an irony considering Obama-voters have been constantly bashed for electing him because he was "popular"), McCain had a strong lead before he added her onto the ticket. He lost because of her. The woman couldn't even stand up to the scrutiny and pressure of being a Governor without throwing in the towel. Can you imagine what would've happened if she'd actually been made VP?

The woman's a flake, and is now in a better position where she can once again present her invalid views to an adoring base without fear of repercussion.

If I was going to back a Conservative, I'd get behind Bobby Jindal of Louisiana. I don't align myself with him concerning his heavily Christian values, but at least the man is intelligent, educated, well-read, and has proven he can keep his head in a crisis. I can't see him as one to back down from the public eye, using lame excuses for why he should be exempt from it. You're in public office, you're not an ordinary citizen any more. Quit pulling the pity card! I think he'd do well with a few more years of experience under his belt. Maybe once his term as Governor is up, a term in the Senate then a bid for the Presidency.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.