Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#36561 - 03/16/10 01:24 PM Re: Vultures! [Re: CanisMajor]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

A friend of mine went to Boston and brought me back a brick from the walkway outside of Paul Revere's house. To me, it is just a brick and holds no real value other than as an interesting conversation piece. The right person might pay a pretty penny for it but seeing as how my friend risked his virgin asshole to get this souvenir for lil ol' me I am going to keep it for myself.

I would agree that since the stuff was going to be destroyed anyway there was no crime committed. Still seems kind of strange to me though. But if such things have value to you and you can get your hands on them then go for it.

#36564 - 03/16/10 01:29 PM Re: Vultures! [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
111Cal Offline

Thank you for at least seeing my point. (although taking a brick from Reveres house is most likely a serious offense! LOL)

I have a friend who returned from Germany with many, many pieces of block from the ruins of Hitlers Berghof. And another friend of mine has a huge section of carpet from Graceland (that had to be removed and replaced due to damage)

It is just odd that some people get so up in arms, over anyone having an interest in LaVey collectables the same way.

#36792 - 03/20/10 03:00 AM Re: Vultures! [Re: 111Cal]
CanisMajor Offline
stranger

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: 111Cal

It is just odd that some people get so up in arms, over anyone having an interest in LaVey collectables the same way.

That's certainly NOT the point.

Many of your posts portray a gossipy,paparazzi mentality. Sadly enough,you're not going to see Mr. LaVey on TMZ any time soon.

I don't consider anybodys' personal checks "collectables",nor would I consider defacing monuments to obtain a "souvenir". Regardless of what "everybody else" is doing on ebay.

Who knows? I could be wrong.You may be able to turn a quick buck selling your "collectible art"(?) to Magi Gilmores' Sycophant Society!

More carrion,anyone?

Edited by CanisMajor (03/20/10 03:04 AM)

#36797 - 03/20/10 11:10 AM Re: Vultures! [Re: 111Cal]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:
And another friend of mine has a huge section of carpet from Graceland (that had to be removed and replaced due to damage)

That's something that I would love to have since I'm a big Elvis fan. Hell I'd spend a years salary on the toilet seat he used.

I'm one of those that likes unique collectible items. For instance I spent $25 bucks (not on Ebay) on a 1 inch piece of brick that supposedly came from the fire place of the house where Sharon Tate was murdered. I wouldn't mind owning something "interesting" that once belonged to Dr. LaVey either, but not something like a chunk of wood from the Black House. Maybe a painting or something.

#36798 - 03/20/10 01:34 PM Re: Vultures! [Re: CanisMajor]
111Cal Offline

Originally Posted By: CanisMajor
 Originally Posted By: 111Cal

That's certainly NOT the point.

Many of your posts portray a gossipy,paparazzi mentality. Sadly enough,you're not going to see Mr. LaVey on TMZ any time soon.

I don't consider anybodys' personal checks "collectables",nor would I consider defacing monuments to obtain a "souvenir". Regardless of what "everybody else" is doing on ebay.

1. Personal checks have for ages been a legit collectible. The LAVEY check is on ebay now for $750. and its one that Zeena and Nikolas sold (with about 99% of all else they got from his estate, will or by going through the house and hauling off what they could after Barton moved out!). A simple search of ANY auction site, collectors circle or fan club will reveal millions of such items... checks from Elvis, Reagan, Tiny Tim and on and on... LaVeys are no different.

*** MY only issue with those type of auctions is that I hate to see Mr and Mrs Schreck profit from LaVey since they both spent the last years of his life, attacking him on every level at every chance they got. And ALL parties agree that LaVey wanted Zeena to receive NOTHING after he was gone... and its a shame that it seems they ended up taking the majority of the items that were either left behind or not awarded to others in the settlment.

2. and while i would not advocate taking a brick from a protected monument--- that is a lot different than taking a brick from a site that is either A. going to be torn down and destroyed (Like the Black House was... OR for that matter any number of other Famous sites that are now long gone!) You can find many collectors with pieces of the Berlin Wall or other sites. or B. Neglected sites such as Hitlers Berghof ruins that are slowly crumbling to nothing....

In fact, I would argue that taking from these sites and preserving them is 10000X better than letting them be forgotten.

You OBVIOUSLY disagree with me, and that is your right and I can respect that. However I do not see the point in stating it repeatedly.

Edited by 111Cal (03/20/10 01:41 PM)

#36800 - 03/20/10 01:38 PM Re: Vultures! [Re: Asmedious]
111Cal Offline

Originally Posted By: Asmedious
 Quote:
And another friend of mine has a huge section of carpet from Graceland (that had to be removed and replaced due to damage)

That's something that I would love to have since I'm a big Elvis fan. Hell I'd spend a years salary on the toilet seat he used.

I'm one of those that likes unique collectible items. For instance I spent $25 bucks (not on Ebay) on a 1 inch piece of brick that supposedly came from the fire place of the house where Sharon Tate was murdered. I wouldn't mind owning something "interesting" that once belonged to Dr. LaVey either, but not something like a chunk of wood from the Black House. Maybe a painting or something.

You are right in many ways! I know people who collect Manson items who have gone out to Abandoned sites (like Spahn or Barker ranch) and brought back whatever items they could find. I also know people who have paid high dollar for carpet that was removed from Graceland. As for LaVey items... The wood from the black house was taken, simply because there was so much of it. It was the easiest item to aquire after the Black House was demolished and also the easiest to reuse in artwork. It is not something I would have jumped at, but for an artist who is using wood for some sort of Satanic themed piece--- I can understand the concept of taking some of the discarded wood and giving it "new life".

LaVey artwork is very hard to come by. The majority of it still belongs to either the LaVey family or Blanche Barton. I do know that Dr. LaVey made little doodles and cartoons on occasion and sent them out with greeting cards or sometimes in letters and I do know a few people who knew LaVey and still have some of those. But to find one "for sale" is near impossible. I had seen that Aes-Nihil is offering some high priced prints of some of the artwork that Diane and Stanton LaVey had exhibited last year. You might google it and find out those prices and availability.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.