Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#34424 - 01/23/10 12:21 PM Mother Forces Son To Kill Pet...
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
...Because he got bad grades in school. How's that for a psycho parent? I'll bet she's the type who beats up on other parents at soccer games because their kid trumped hers in a match, or yells at hers the whole time for not doing good enough.

Lynn Middlebrooks Geter, 38, is charged with animal cruelty, child cruelty and battery (AP)

A woman is in jail after police say she forced her 12-year-old son to kill his pet hamster with a hammer as punishment for bad grades.

The sheriff of a rural Georgia county said that the boy told his teacher about the killing. The teacher then reported it to state child welfare authorities, who in turn contacted police.

Lynn Middlebrooks Geter, 38, faces charges of animal cruelty, child cruelty and battery.

Police said she remains in jail and it is not immediately known if she has a lawyer.

#34425 - 01/23/10 01:43 PM Re: Mother Forces Son To Kill Pet... [Re: Nemesis]
delusion Offline
pledge

Loc: hawaii
Here's a hard lined idea for you. I think it is perfectly ok to recycle some people. This fuckin woman's contributions to this world are negative and I can't imagine how it makes sense to now spend money institutionalizing her when the state could save money not to mention saving her community from further interaction with her by simply recycling this one.

You could of course take it a step further with the harvesting of any usable meat from her person for charity efforts. Haitianís like steak don't they? Who doesn't like a good BBQ?

Now I realize that there would be concern about feeding people to people without their knowledge and consent but again, I'm just brain storming. Trying to be pragmatic and solution oriented.

I have been really feeling like I am totally surrounded by nut bags from the moment I step out my front door. I'm inundated by TSA security guards that think that Maui needs nothing more than full body scanner, Mormon republican truck drivers who are certain that history will show Bush exonerated as a war hero, people who think that finger scanners at the super market would be an amazing time saver.

Has the whole world gone nuts?

Have rational, open-minded people become the minority?

I tend to think that that the answer is yes when I am reminded by the outlying realities like this one.

Thanks again Nemesis this is exactly the dark cloud I needed to compliment this silver lining of mine.

Delusion

#34432 - 01/23/10 03:10 PM Re: Mother Forces Son To Kill Pet... [Re: Nemesis]
GillesdeRais Offline

With a hammer! Rugged!! I bet that was one hell of a squeak *shivers*. On Yahoo there was a piece on a New York dairy farmer who shot 51 milk cows then turned the gun on himself. But, on a happier note, sometimes it's the animal who gets the better of us. I guess you can bite the hand that feeds you (no pun intended)... ;\)

Edited by GillesdeRais (01/23/10 03:11 PM)
Edit Reason: Gout

#34440 - 01/23/10 05:30 PM Re: Mother Forces Son To Kill Pet... [Re: delusion]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I like to read stories like these and use them as a measuring stick of my own life. Many people think their parents were awful, or they had shitty childhoods or experiences. And then you read about a mother who, because of some bad grades, forces her 12 year old son to bludgeon his pet hamster to death. Or like the current situation in Haiti.

Somehow my stubbed toe doesn't hurt as badly as I thought it did.

#34447 - 01/23/10 07:14 PM Re: Mother Forces Son To Kill Pet... [Re: GillesdeRais]
Baron dHolbach Offline

Originally Posted By: GillesdeRais
But, on a happier note, sometimes it's the animal who gets the better of us. I guess you can bite the hand that feeds you (no pun intended)... ;\)

Ha! I love that picture. \:\)

It reminds me of scenes we often see on my favorite TV show, Bones. \:\)

To get back on topic, I just thought I'd lament the fate of the poor hamster, Christlike in its scapegoat role, dying that the sins of its executioner might be forgiven, presumably buried ignominiously in the back yard, perhaps to rise in three days?

Oh wait, that was Pet Sematary.

The mother, meanwhile, was like a female Jehovah, and the poor boy, an intensely reluctant Pontius Pilate.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.