Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#35347 - 02/09/10 07:16 PM Re: Candle Magic and the Occult [Re: Fnord]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Fnord
The real point of interest for me lies in the process of the fire itself.

Fire can be fascinating to stare at, it can evoke visions as fast as any cloud or other scrying device.

Fire is of unknown origin and its origin to men is unknown as well.

Fire being of unknown origin come now please. Fire is a part of nature it simply happens. Now whither this is caused by a lightning strike, spontaneous combustion of dry grasslands or lava flow it is a natural process. To say it is of unknown origin is to say you have no concept of friction creating heat which in turn creates fire much less any understanding of how a fire piston (fire from compressed air) could possibly work.

What, really, can we control that is more magical than fire?

Why the simple answer is electricity. Electricity plays a greater part in the big picture than most agree on. Without it your neurons would not fire. Ad to this with recent discoveries we are beginning to be able to alter and control life at the genetic level. All of this is pretty magical or fantastic depending on your perspective.

It's almost as if one can focus on the flame and have the consciousness meld with the process.

Meditation, visualization, self-hypnosis what do you call it? All of these are tools to use with ritual if one has such needs. They can also be the tools to break away from the need of physical objects used during or even possibly the need of said rituals themselves altogether.

~T~

EDIT: Ignorance is bliss, you will find that which you seek. So if you believe burning green candles is bringing you money have fun.

Edited by ta2zz (02/09/10 07:23 PM)

#35393 - 02/10/10 09:49 AM Re: Candle Magic and the Occult [Re: ta2zz]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Aw hell, ta2zz, of course you're right. You caught me waxing a little romantically about fire. I can't help myself... I've always been fascinated by it and to me ( and Pele), in the right setting, it seems magical.

#35395 - 02/10/10 09:56 AM Re: Candle Magic and the Occult [Re: Fnord]
Jake999 Offline

Aw hell, ta2zz, of course you're right. You caught me waxing a little romantically about fire. I can't help myself... I've always been fascinated by it and to me ( and Pele), in the right setting, it seems magical.

Note to self... hide matches around Fnord... put fire department on speed dial... buy asbestos pajamas...

#35399 - 02/10/10 10:49 AM Re: Candle Magic and the Occult [Re: Jake999]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
I actually did set 30 acres on fire when I was about five years old. My dad had a burn barrel that I was poking a stick into and, not knowing better, I dropped the stick too close to the dry grass. It went up QUICK. I had nightmares for years after that about it.

My fascination is a healthy one sir! I've learned the destructive power of fire all too well.

Don't let me dissuade you from those PJ's though, especially if they're available in a Hot Stuff print:

#35615 - 02/14/10 12:33 AM Re: Candle Magic and the Occult [Re: Fnord]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
We have the battery operated candles that change color and we put them in our pumpkins this past Halloween. They looked excellent and the kids thought it was cool that our pumpkins didn't have just regular candles in them. The cauldron had a mist maker that changed color the same way. It was great fun and with the rest of our set up, I can't tell you how many kids went running from our home.

As for the color of a candle, in ritual, I'm a bit of a stickler for following my own preferences. To draw up a "mood" the color correlates with that mood. To draw on a desire, the color then correlates for that as well. I don't use a "standard" per say, except my own.

This is an excellent site for candles that are true to their color through out and the geometric shapes they carry can add a nice flare to any altar. The black is definitely a black, all the way through, for those that are interested. Enjoy.

http://www.candles4light.com/index.cfm?&CFID=256590&CFTOKEN=68723156&cid=1&sid=105&pcode=P3

#35628 - 02/14/10 10:46 AM Re: Candle Magic and the Occult [Re: Nyte]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Thank you very much for this link, Nyte. \:\) The range of colours and shapes on offer certainly offer scope for the imagination in ritual use. I'm thinking the rainbow eggs would be excellent for a voudon altar to Damballah and Ayida Wedo. The geometric shapes could assist in focusing on energy, movement and structure; for example, a cube for "grounding" a matter that has been "hanging in the air" for too long, such as the outcome of a court case. Just my 10 British pence - knowing me, I'd buy loads of them, croon over their loveliness for a while then leave them to gather dust on a shelf . . .

#35660 - 02/14/10 10:10 PM Re: Candle Magic and the Occult [Re: felixgarnet]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
 Originally Posted By: felixgarnet
Thank you very much for this link, Nyte. \:\) The range of colours and shapes on offer certainly offer scope for the imagination in ritual use. I'm thinking the rainbow eggs would be excellent for a voudon altar to Damballah and Ayida Wedo. The geometric shapes could assist in focusing on energy, movement and structure; for example, a cube for "grounding" a matter that has been "hanging in the air" for too long, such as the outcome of a court case. Just my 10 British pence - knowing me, I'd buy loads of them, croon over their loveliness for a while then leave them to gather dust on a shelf . . .

You're more than welcome Felix. I've bought quite a few candles from that site because more than anything, I just like to burn candles. I think the ones I really like the best though are my red/black curves. I ended up picking up some of the big and medium black pillars and accented them with the red triangles. They give an excellent feel and dimension to my alter when I have it completely set up and am looking to direct my own thoughts/actions or to just center myself. I haven't done that in quite a while, so this thread is kind of stirring that desire in me. Seems this forum is having that affect on me in quite a few ways. It's speaking to me on many, MANY levels lately. Maybe just the boost I need!

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.