Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#34521 - 01/25/10 08:30 AM speciesism the NEW sexism
darklord Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
you've all heard about racism and sexism but the term speciesism hasn't even been really talk about. the thought of specisism sickened me more than all other "isms". the fact that speciesism means that you hold your own species (human) higher than any other creature (everything else living on this planet). that wont be such a problem since the food chain is in order, but seening though that humans have no place on the food chain execpt eat , kill and wear evering beond its means, well it explains that we are the worst of all we have no excuse..... so anouther flaw in the humanity system,
#34523 - 01/25/10 08:44 AM Re: speciesism the NEW sexism [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
darklord Offline
stranger

point... but through the animal eyes thier hollicaust has just began.. your forgeting that you are lookin through the glass through a specicist eyes, a human. Its ironic that humans have no place on the food chain but yet they fuck it up. people forget that meat isn't meant to be metabolised by humans thay only pray on thing thats are diffrent. hence why humans aren't smart creatures they are only smart through the aid of training i.e through animals (humters and gathers)
#34525 - 01/25/10 08:49 AM Re: speciesism the NEW sexism [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Jake999 Offline

It depends where and when a person is at any given time.

In populated areas, yes. Man is on top of the food chain. You don't see many polar bears, tigers or lions walking around in New York or Boston, London or Paris. Man is indeed king.

A man on the Serengeti plain walking without a high powered weapon has another name. LUNCH. And the lion that eats his balls for an appetizer really doesn't care any more about "speciesism" when eating a man than he does when he eats a jackal, a water buffalo, or even another lion. Same thing in other parts of the world... including Australia. There are places there, like in the Northern Territory, where, while you might love and respect them, the Saltwater Crocs don't care if you're man or beast. Or sharks off the coast.

Man was simply successful enough to breed into superiority and have tools to make him more dangerous than another predator on the chain. Hell, we'll eat our own if we need to... and have proven that amply in the past.

#34526 - 01/25/10 08:54 AM Re: speciesism the NEW sexism [Re: darklord]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
the fact that speciesism means that you hold your own species (human) higher than any other creature (everything else living on this planet).

And the problem is?
The human specie is the most successful one during the last centuries. Our specie managed to alter his environnement in such a way that it (almost) provides us our daily needs and cravings.
The law of survival of the fittest is still present, yet due to our intelligence is limited towards production (genetic codes and the possible mutations who might be good or bad).

We might consider ourselves on top of the food chain, and we have the right to do so. Naturally it should also be mentioned that a human alone without his technology and general knowledge about his environnement is as defenseless as a big fish in a very small pond crowded on the side by bears. ( A reason why I like survival ism). Neverless...

Quote:
that wont be such a problem since the food chain is in order, but seening though that humans have no place on the food chain execpt eat , kill and wear evering beond its means, well it explains that we are the worst of all we have no excuse..... so anouther flaw in the humanity system,

Humans have their place on the food-chain. We can still be defeated by bacteria, insects and many other predators. As a science student, and to be more exact my biologist side, I hate to read such a stupid assumption that the human specie is the top-predator in the food-chain/web. ( We are ranked "high" in it, that's true, yet there is no THE). It is natural that an individual from a specie gets eaten or killed by something "below" him, it's the general sum that counts.

I should also add that the foodchain/web varies from environment to environment and from specie to specie. It is the total sum op weaponary and general influence/power of the specie that counts and not a few individuals.

I can see no problem in glorifying the human specie, at the extend that there are no bold claims as you came to say. And after all, we are the most successful, the fact that I can eat anything I want (which is edible) pretty much sums it up.

Btw: Since when did the rules about grammar change? Read the rules of this forum... --> SPELL CHECK!

Edited by Dimitri (01/25/10 09:00 AM)

#34527 - 01/25/10 08:55 AM Re: speciesism the NEW sexism [Re: Jake999]
darklord Offline
stranger

you think to much in your time... where we have war weapons , and to answer you before we have made species fo extinctd, we consume more than we need im not a human lover nor animal i look at them as a whole and think whats fair. The other day here at home in the paper.... "man gets eaten by shark" we humans respond "go out and kill that shark"....fair..... if for eveything we consume, either by drink, eating or wearing from an animal and they had thier justice we'll be fucked, humans are bulit on ego.... im sorry to be fair the only meat i eat is human.
#34529 - 01/25/10 09:05 AM Re: speciesism the NEW sexism [Re: darklord]
Jake999 Offline

Well, I suppose that the animals will be lining up at your door to thank you. I suppose. I don't really care. We consume animals. We consume plants. If you don't like that, then DON'T.

Find someplace where people might actually care about what you complain about, because child, I'm here to tell you, this isn't a site for emo whining.

#34530 - 01/25/10 09:07 AM Re: speciesism the NEW sexism [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
darklord Offline
stranger

Filthy maggot liar.. human meat wont kill you if prepeared properly nor wont harm, were on a structure of belive systems, you think were are meant to eat meat even though were ominovires (eats whats availble) and i think we're speciesist either wich dont call me uneducated! its having respect of a life you are eating what are your are a babarian...
#34532 - 01/25/10 09:14 AM Re: speciesism the NEW sexism [Re: darklord]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Filthy maggot liar.. human meat wont kill you if prepeared properly nor wont harm

Ever heard of Kuru?
It might not be deadly, but it isn't very healthy either.
And yes, you are uneducated since you still lack the ability of writing an English sentence without proper spelling and lack the general insight on biology. Unless you take the bullshit veggie-sites tend to spread for granted.

Go eat a carrot..

Edited by Dimitri (01/25/10 09:16 AM)

#34533 - 01/25/10 09:17 AM Re: speciesism the NEW sexism [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Jake999 Offline

I call bullshit on this "maneater." Sorry. I ain't believing it.

#34534 - 01/25/10 09:18 AM Re: speciesism the NEW sexism [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
darklord Offline
stranger

hey dickhead engilsh is my first language for starters, and i dont eat human for second, i just thought is was a bit funny that we as people make a big deal about sexism and racism but not speciesism i thought it was ignorant, & dont apperiate being called a "emo" by a yank hell you guys cry over everthing! it was just a word thats isn't discussed alot, but hell what do i know know im not "educated"
#34536 - 01/25/10 09:26 AM Re: speciesism the NEW sexism [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
darklord Offline
stranger

IM dislexic can help it man get over it, and im not a vegetain and i do know alot about kuru! (since i live in australia) your5 alot futher away from it than i am!
#34537 - 01/25/10 09:34 AM Re: speciesism the NEW sexism [Re: darklord]
Jake999 Offline

I second the "Troll" call.

I'd suggest you read the rules of the board and clean up your act, or you'll very probably find yourself among the missing around here pretty quickly. Trolls and game players don't last long here.

#34538 - 01/25/10 09:39 AM Re: speciesism the NEW sexism [Re: Jake999]
darklord Offline
stranger

im sorry.. is resept for animals a big "No NO" around here
#34539 - 01/25/10 09:41 AM Re: speciesism the NEW sexism [Re: darklord]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
 Originally Posted By: darklord
hey dickhead engilsh is my first language for starters, and i dont eat human for second, i just thought is was a bit funny that we as people make a big deal about sexism and racism but not speciesism i thought it was ignorant, & dont apperiate being called a "emo" by a yank hell you guys cry over everthing! it was just a word thats isn't discussed alot, but hell what do i know know im not "educated"

Well well well...
Look what the cat dragged into the house.

Couple of things:

You state that you are not educated.
I will have to agree on that (although you state your occupation as "student" in your profile).
It seems that Mr. and Mrs. Darklord failed to give their cub some basic facts about surviving in harsh and unfriendly environments (fx. The 600 Club).

1st.

Thou shall master at least the basic(s) of grammar and punctuation before you attempt the art of writing.

2nd.

If attempting to communicate; applying logic will make you avoid being ripped to tatters.

3rd.
If you are ripped to tatters, aggression and name-calling will get you nowhere.
Well actually; it will send your lily-white arse to the pillory.

I will give you ONE chance to straighten up your act, newbie.
Finger on the ban-button...

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#34540 - 01/25/10 09:55 AM Re: speciesism the NEW sexism [Re: Woland]
darklord Offline
stranger

yea no worries not trying to be mean, just a thought and australian (which mean insults mean we like ya). and for the record am dislexic and maybe strong headed on the topic... just lost me dog to cuel kids. food for thought thats all

sorry mates

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.