Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#34614 - 01/26/10 01:29 PM Hammer Glamour
mattie Offline
pledge

Loc: Lat: 36.081, Lon: -96.179

I suppose it could be construed as a negative stereotype to assume that satanists are fans of Hammer Movies, or are interested in books about Hammer Films. However, at least in my case, this stereotype could not be more accurate.

That being said, if any of you fine folks enjoy the old Hammer flicks, I would certainly recommend Hammer Historian Marcus Hearn's most recent offering.

Hammer glamour is 160 pages of full color prints of rare and never-before-seen photos of Hammer's famously voluptuous starlets. The book also features lots of Hammer history and recent interviews with many of the former starlets turned glamorous grannies.

http://www.hammerfilms.com/news/hammer-glamour

#34618 - 01/26/10 03:02 PM Re: Hammer Glamour [Re: mattie]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Hammer went through a serious T&A phase in the late-60s/early-70s, with an eye- and bra-popping emphasis on the T. To the point where the vampires were having a difficult time climbing over them to get to the victim's neck, if they were even bothering. Here is a sample, but the grand prize goes to Valerie Leon, whose Queen Tera in Blood from the Mummy's Tomb gave a whole new meaning to "the great pyramids of Egypt". She is a very nice and gracious lady, by the way, and to this day gets mash notes from awestruck teenage boys.

#34621 - 01/26/10 03:20 PM Re: Hammer Glamour [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

Necks? Necks? The women in Hammer films had necks?

Hammer films were pretty much the horror "bodice rippers" of the day, and while sometimes schmaltzy, they were sure to get your girl to snuggle a little closer while you got your vampire eye candy fix.

#34622 - 01/26/10 03:46 PM Re: Hammer Glamour [Re: Jake999]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
Hammer girls were lovely, and I own a bunch of films. I have to say tough, that the earlier Hammer films (without quite so much gratuity) were great works of horror. Rasputin, The Mad Monk is my absolute favorite. Rasputin masks were made for audience members when the film was originally running in B-Movie teaters. I mean theaters.

#34637 - 01/27/10 02:52 AM Re: Hammer Glamour [Re: mattie]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
 Originally Posted By: mattie
I suppose it could be construed as a negative stereotype to assume that satanists are fans of Hammer Movies, or are interested in books about Hammer Films. However, at least in my case, this stereotype could not be more accurate.

Weird. I've never heard of or seen a Hammer Movie.

Perhaps I'm too young to remember them, I was only born in '71. None of them seem to spark any memories, but It looks appealing. I am certaily going to go check them out now, thanks.

#34668 - 01/27/10 01:15 PM Re: Hammer Glamour [Re: Wicked Satanist]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Wicked Satanist
Weird. I've never heard of or seen a Hammer Movie.

Perhaps I'm too young to remember them, I was only born in '71. None of them seem to spark any memories, but It looks appealing. I am certaily going to go check them out now, thanks.

They were most famous for their two stars, Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing, but you'll see many more well-known British actors in them as well. The very earliest Hammer films were in B&W, but they quickly went to lavish color and stayed there. You can find numerous trailers and clips on YouTube.

And, as noted above, you're in for a very uplifting viewing experience.

#34712 - 01/28/10 05:26 AM Re: Hammer Glamour [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
Ahhh. I went and googled Hammer Movies. I've seen more than half of the movies and they're the great classics. I just wasn't familiar with the name Hammer Film Productions.

HFP is a film production company based in the United Kingdom. Founded in 1934, the company is best known for a series of Gothic "Hammer Horror" films made from the mid-1950s until the 1970s. Hammer also produced science fiction, thrillers, Film Noir and comedies and in later years, television series.

#34731 - 01/28/10 11:22 AM Re: Hammer Glamour [Re: Wicked Satanist]
mattie Offline
pledge

Loc: Lat: 36.081, Lon: -96.179
In the early days, Hammmer created some genuine classics, but I think most people would say that Hammer "jumped the shark" at the end of the sixties. I would argue that while Hammer undoubtledly got a bit cheesier, and a bit more "scmaltzy", there were a few golden nuggets to be found in the company's death throws.

Submitted for your approval,

"Dracula's back, with an eye for London's hot pants, and a taste for everything!"
Dracula a.d. 1972 (1972) starring Stephanie Beacham, one of Hammer's more wonderfully well endowed starlets.

"One man dared to hurl a challenge of cold steel against the terror of the undead!"
Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter (1974)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.