Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#36904 - 03/22/10 05:35 PM Re: "Ejector seat? You're joking!" [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

My personal take is that Dr. Aquino simply learned his lessons well from Dr. LaVey and created his own world within which to live. He became immersed in it and has convinced himself that those outside of his personal pleasure dome believe that they are somehow missing out on what he's found.

He's convinced himself that he was the best thing that ever happened to LaVey and LaVey just couldn't see it... when he left, he left LaVey a broken man, and LaVey just died of longing for his return. Really... I've said it before and I'll say it again. It really reminds me of that woman we all have had (or guy for the ladies) that leaves us and then spends the rest of her life telling everyone how bad we were for not meeting her expectations.

Like the typical "ate up with Jesus" Christian, or the drunken "usetawas" in a bar, he's been telling his tale forever, and while he knows that it's not really getting him anywhere, he can't stop. It's like Sisyphus and the boulder. A quick down and dirty about Sisyphs:

http://www.mythweb.com/encyc/entries/sisyphus.html

Is he "crazy?" Well, we're all "crazy" by some combination of symptoms tossed into the stew from the latest DSM. The only person SANE here is me, because the voices in my head told me so. His delusions are his own, in that he's decided that HE is the demarkation of change within the historical meanderings of the "Left Hand Path," rather than simply a fork of the road. He's played out his role for so long that he's fully invested in it and really can't let it go any longer. If he ever did, he'd be somehow weakened, if only in his own eyes.

LOL! Now here's an irony... I fully support the 600 Club's ban on poetry, but damned if the words of Pete Townshend's song SLIT SKIRTS don't come to mind. I'll simply refer the reader to the lyrics at the start of the song, beginning with "I don't now why I thought," and ending with "must be something learned." Lyrics may be reviewed at:

http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/pete_townshend/slit_skirts.html

#36910 - 03/22/10 07:33 PM Re: Luke, you have stepped into a larger universe. [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Chandler Offline
stranger

Quote:
That sounds pretty supernatural to me.
And me too. What I meant to say was "He claims not to have witnessed anything 'supernatural'," which I don't buy either. I do think that channeling Set is a supernatural event. But kudos at least to him for not hallucinating while he did.

I have conducted GBM workings where I saw demons, but I think I probably hypnotized myself into seeing them, and they were just products of my own mind. I am, after all, a bit loopy sometimes.

I think a lot of GBM boils down to self-hypnosis, which can be helpful or harmful depending on each case. There may be something else going on, but I am not firmly convinced yet.

Edit: If he did channel Set then it couldn't be supernatural.

Edited by Chandler (03/22/10 07:38 PM)

#36916 - 03/22/10 09:11 PM Zu befehl, Herr Doktor Andelsprutz! [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
Okay, so it isn't some scam and you really believe all that stuff. So that means you are not a scam artist, you just bat-shit crazy.

Having come to this conclusion, you are assuredly much better off not reading any of my postings here, nor any of my other writings.

Quote:
"The world of madness is a lot bigger than the world of the sane." Charles Manson

For someone speaking on behalf of sanity, you pick a rather curious authority to quote.

#36919 - 03/22/10 09:47 PM Re: Zu befehl, Herr Doktor Andelsprutz! [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
If the people here did not have some interest (not necessarily "belief") in what is commonly called "the supernatural" and its various supposed manifestations, surely they would not involve occult terminology in their posts or speak of ritual or even bother to join a forum like this? Would they not simply join an Atheist, humanist site and post there?
Honestly, wouldn't most of us here be blown away by the sort of encounter which Dr Aquino describes and damn well refuse to trivialize it as "just" a subjective one? Aren't his detractors just a teensy bit envious? No-one comes round to your house selling the Book Of Coming Forth By Night so why be so excited about proving its origins?
I guess I prefer a world where there are no easy answers.

#36920 - 03/22/10 10:06 PM ... and - how quaint ... [Re: Jake999]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Jake999
My personal take is that Dr. Aquino simply learned his lessons well from Dr. LaVey and created his own world within which to live. He became immersed in it and has convinced himself that those outside of his personal pleasure dome believe that they are somehow missing out on what he's found.

I think that if you read TOS, quite a different history is documented. At no time did I ask or expect anyone else to take the North Solstice X Working on trust. I merely proposed to revive the Temple of Set according to its principles, which (such as Xeper) were necessarily unique to each Initiate.

As for the North Solstice X Working text, I of course did examine it as thoughtfully as I could (Appendix #3), including considering it from a purely-conventional standpoint (as per Dr. Reed's book cited in Chapter #2). I think that all of this should fulfill any reasonable responsibility to others. But if someone will only be satisfied by a complete denial on my part that I experienced what I did, I think that speaks to more to a deep insecurity in that person: "Anything that is possibly beyond my perception or understanding, I must discredit, crush, kill. Only then will my world be safe."

Quote:
He's convinced himself that he was the best thing that ever happened to LaVey and LaVey just couldn't see it... when he left, he left LaVey a broken man, and LaVey just died of longing for his return.

I am quite content for readers of my Church of Satan to review its contents, correspondence, documentation, etc. and draw their own conclusions. If you wish to construct your own reassuring fantasy to blot out that compendium, that is certainly your prerogative.

Quote:
Really... I've said it before and I'll say it again. It really reminds me of that woman we all have had (or guy for the ladies) that leaves us and then spends the rest of her life telling everyone how bad we were for not meeting her expectations. Like the typical "ate up with Jesus" Christian, or the drunken "usetawas" in a bar, he's been telling his tale forever, and while he knows that it's not really getting him anywhere, he can't stop. It's like Sisyphus and the boulder.

Actually, Jake, it seems to me that you're the one emotionally addicted to this sexual imagery, not me - as a reading of the concluding chapter of COS and the beginning one of TOS will substantiate. Do I regret Anton's 1975 decisions? Of course. Did I have a great deal of affection for him as his "Devil-son" (his term)? Certainly. Beyond writing COS to set the historical record of the original Church straight, did I attempt reinvolvement with it thereafter? Not at all. [My visit to the 600C has included personal anecdotes and factual corrections concerning that era, but largely in response to others' questions.]

Quote:
His delusions are his own, in that he's decided that HE is the demarkation of change within the historical meanderings of the "Left Hand Path," rather than simply a fork of the road. He's played out his role for so long that he's fully invested in it and really can't let it go any longer. If he ever did, he'd be somehow weakened, if only in his own eyes.

Once again you seem much more obsessed and prejudgmental about Set than I am. Or, for that matter, than the Temple of Set is. The Temple generally regards Set as a hypothesis which, so far, as been working out very impressively and convincingly. As for me, I see no reason why I should compromise my own integrity merely to soothe what Maleficent termed "the rabble".

#36922 - 03/22/10 10:39 PM I don't care if it rains or freezes ... [Re: felixgarnet]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: felixgarnet
No-one comes round to your house selling the Book Of Coming Forth By Night, so why be so excited about proving its origins?

Well, we were thinking of marketing a small statuette of Set, stamped out badly (with the mold-edges showing) in green, glow-in-the-dark plastic, on a wind-up base that, when unwinding, plays a selection from Hans Salter's Horror Rhapsody [scroll down to and select #20 to hear it]. A magnetized base for everyone's dashboard, of course ...

#36923 - 03/22/10 10:56 PM Re: ... and - how quaint ... [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

It's not I who has made a 30 year case for one's personal jilting by Anton LaVey, first in snail mail correspondences with anyone who cared to expend the cost of a stamp, and then by email and computer pages. It is not I who further wrote an ebook (thankfully saving 10000 trees) regarding your involvement in The Church of Satan and constantly referring any and all to it repeatedly. And yeah, we know... you aren't promoting the thing, you're just here to set the record straight and... ok... we get it.

As for "Set," you might want to look back and see what my involvement in "Set" actually is. Simply another "invisible friend." I make no assumptions about the Temple of Set. I don't care about the Temple of Set. I have no interest in it. I've read some of the tracts and have come to the conclusion that it's not for me. I have never told ANYONE not to join the Temple of Set or even to not look into it. I don't care if they do. I don't care if they think it's the bees knees and cat's pajamas, just as much as I don't care about Scientology, Christianity, Islam or the way of the Jedi.

But then, I've never told ANYONE that they should join The Church of Satan, either, not under LaVey, under Barton or under Gilmore. Simply put, I am not that invested in the lives of others that I care enough to. It's their life. I wouldn't look for their input into what I should do with mine, and I don't care what they do with theirs.

#36924 - 03/22/10 10:57 PM Re: I don't care if it rains or freezes ... [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
felixgarnet Offline

Excellent! ;\)
Today is my Birthday - so it's very, VERY important - and were such an item available I don't doubt a friend would have ordered one for me by now.
On a more serious note, I shall add a new Topic here tomorrow about astral encounters (or whatever the popular term is here) and open the floodgates for debate before this thread gets too unwieldy.

#36925 - 03/22/10 10:58 PM Re: I don't care if it rains or freezes ... [Re: felixgarnet]
Jake999 Offline

Happy Birthday, Felix! Many happy returns of the day!

#36926 - 03/22/10 11:09 PM Re: I don't care if it rains or freezes ... [Re: Jake999]
felixgarnet Offline

YAY!!! Thank you, Jake! \:\) It's 3.15am. I shall indulge myself with a small brandy. ;\)

#36927 - 03/22/10 11:14 PM Re: I don't care if it rains or freezes ... [Re: felixgarnet]
felixgarnet Offline

I wish I could get into Chat here. So frustrating. I could sip and chat. \:\(

#36933 - 03/23/10 02:22 AM Berkeley '68: "Stab him with your peace button!" [Re: Jake999]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Jake999
It's not I who has made a 30 year case for one's personal jilting by Anton LaVey, first in snail mail correspondences with anyone who cared to expend the cost of a stamp, and then by email and computer pages. It is not I who further wrote an ebook (thankfully saving 10000 trees) regarding your involvement in The Church of Satan and constantly referring any and all to it repeatedly. And yeah, we know... you aren't promoting the thing, you're just here to set the record straight and... ok... we get it.

Well, evidently you still don't, because you keep saying silly stuff such as the above [again] that COS has long since corrected/documented. I like you and have never once criticized either your integrity, your motives, or your experiences at 6114 post-1975. You might consider reciprocal courtesy to me.

Quote:
As for "Set," you might want to look back and see what my involvement in "Set" actually is. Simply another "invisible friend." I make no assumptions about the Temple of Set. I don't care about the Temple of Set. I have no interest in it. I've read some of the tracts and have come to the conclusion that it's not for me. I have never told ANYONE not to join the Temple of Set or even to not look into it. I don't care if they do. I don't care if they think it's the bees knees and cat's pajamas, just as much as I don't care about Scientology, Christianity, Islam or the way of the Jedi.

And yet here you are in this thread about Set and the Temple of Set, dragging a spiked ball up my ass?

I didn't start this thread. I've answered sincere questions in it directly and candidly, as respect for honest curiosity requires. If my answers send some onlookers climbing to the treetops, well, life is full of rude awakenings and unexpected surprises. To quote the Mayor of Hiroshima's last words: "What the fuck was that?"

#36944 - 03/23/10 01:10 PM Re: Zu befehl, Herr Doktor Andelsprutz! [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
Having come to this conclusion, you are assuredly much better off not reading any of my postings here, nor any of my other writings.

Point well taken, and indeed I have come to that same conclusion myself. However, it is kind of like a car crash scenario to me; you don't want to look but you can't help but stare.

Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
For someone speaking on behalf of sanity, you pick a rather curious authority to quote.

I wasn't trying to quote an authority on anything. I just wanted to show that I can cite random quotes too. Perhaps you would have preferred something from Star Wars? :P

#36953 - 03/23/10 07:17 PM Re: Zu befehl, Herr Doktor Andelsprutz! [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
While this subject is at hand, I think questions need to be asked:

What qualitatively separates these supernatural claims of personal revelations from the claims offered by members of every other theistic faith on earth?

While I find the mythology offered up by Mr. Aquino interesting, what if anything sets it apart? Why is it offered special consideration here, in these forums?

#36961 - 03/23/10 09:58 PM Re: Zu befehl, Herr Doktor Andelsprutz! [Re: Dan_Dread]
felixgarnet Offline

I think one difference is that Dr Aquino does not claim that this revelation is for the benefit of anyone but himself, unless one feels it is appropriate to accept it after close personal investigation. Proponents of the major world faiths make a claim to a truth which should be universally accepted. They proselytize widely and marginalise those who are unwilling to embrace their doctrine as the One True Way (to God, enlightenment or whatever).
I can find no evidence of this in the writings of Dr Aquino about Set and the creation of the Book Of Coming Forth By Night.
Neither is this attitude evident on the Xeper site. Indeed, like all LHP groups it is very particular about who affiliates and why.
It is being given consideration on these forums because Dr Aquino broke away from the original Church of Satan founded by Dr LaVey to form his own Temple according to the directions of the Set communication. As this is (so far as I understand it) a primarily LaVeyan site inevitable clashes of opinion and hard questioning will arise, which can only be healthy.

Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.