Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#34822 - 01/30/10 10:04 AM Re: The Anglican Centre in Rome [Re: felixgarnet]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Kudos to you for keeping that shit straight!

Are they pretty easy going about it or is it a major faux pas (accompanied by a chorus of tongue clucking) to mistake a Father for a Your Grace?

#34828 - 01/30/10 12:09 PM Re: The Anglican Centre in Rome [Re: Fnord]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
LMAO @ the primate baptism! "My" Rector was an Oxford alumnus and a terrifically High Church show-off. He would undoubtedly have been delighted to be mistakenly addressed as "Your Grace"! He wouldn't have been averse to a bit of genuflection and ring-kissing, either . . . \:\)

#35270 - 02/08/10 05:29 PM Re: The Anglican Centre in Rome [Re: Fnord]
Room 101 Offline

Loc: Scotland
“Vicar of the left hand”, now that I like!

Pomposity seems second nature to these people. “The emptiest vessel makes the most noise”; I think the same is true of roles that serve the least purpose; the more grandiose that title, the less they actually do.

Glad you received a response for the archbishop of ponce (must be true, it rhymed). I only wonder what his email looked like to the powers that be....

“Serious balls up guys!” lol

#35272 - 02/08/10 05:51 PM Re: The Anglican Centre in Rome [Re: Meq]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
If I may play Jesus’ advocate here...
(get it, Jesus’ advocate??...eh you’ll laugh out loud later about it)

Many of us can actually take a lesson from the gracious and diplomatic reply from the “Very Reverend” David Richardson.

Although I don’t know the man, and there is very little doubt that our philosophies would ever agree, I can still see from the way that he presents himself with a few short sentences in his correspondence, that the man has class.

#35274 - 02/08/10 06:04 PM Re: The Anglican Centre in Rome [Re: Asmedious]
Room 101 Offline

Loc: Scotland
Undoubtedly more so than I, alas we must all wear the guise that we are provided/have created.

I do agree that the man conducts himself with serious civility. But, given the circumstances, he could do little else.

Oh, and i did laugh \:\)

Edited by Room 101 (02/08/10 06:13 PM)
Edit Reason: Fat hands

#39696 - 06/29/10 09:11 PM Re: The Anglican Centre in Rome [Re: Room 101]
Meq Offline
Banned

Looks like the original link to their PDF is now dead.

Ah well, they haven't stopped THEIR 600 Club yet - in addition to this page, there are still various current PDFs on it. Perhaps someone here can give them an unholy boot up the rectum? ;\)

P.S. There was also another famous 'The 600 Club', and like this site, its name was also a parody of The 700 Club. Here's a clip preserved on archive.org (.mov format, VLC will suffice).

Edited by Meq (06/29/10 09:27 PM)
Edit Reason: Yet another 600 Club

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.