Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#35367 - 02/09/10 10:15 PM Individuality-The Box Factor
MelanosDivinity Offline
stranger

Loc: Port Gibson, Mississippi
Is there no escape from being trapped within The Box? Now I define this box as being not your superficial interpretation, as we all, well should be aware of, instead, I define this box as rather being the existence of which we become internalized. There is a fine line between shaping your individuality through the adoption of external philosophy and beliefs and expressing your individuality. As an example, take any religion, do the "followers" of those religions inevitably secure their positions within The Box, (hence, their religion and all that it entails) or are they simply adopting the principles of their respective religions to better their intellectual and spiritual well-being, therefore negating the possibility that its an absolute to say they are putting themselves in "The Box."

Just food for thought.

#36104 - 03/05/10 07:59 PM Re: Individuality-The Box Factor [Re: MelanosDivinity]
Leingod Offline
stranger

Melanos, this internal identity is called the ego. The chain of associations about oneself and one's place in the external experience.

Most of the people that attempt to negate the ego, are people who are trying to let go of all associations to allow a deeper, more fundamental reality to come through. Its not about adopting one paradigm over another.

Thats why those gurus sit in silence all day, they tear away all the BS until there is nothing left to say, and they find peace in that. So yes its possible.

Edited by Leingod (03/05/10 08:03 PM)

#36412 - 03/14/10 01:05 PM Re: Individuality-The Box Factor [Re: MelanosDivinity]
exadust Offline
pledge

Loc: georgia
The ego is essential to many aspects of Satanism. How can you be your own God if you do not believe you are above others?

Those without ego's are alotting themselves for others to take advantage of. And in the name of self-perservation you can have no such weakness.

#36413 - 03/14/10 01:25 PM Re: Individuality-The Box Factor [Re: exadust]
CanisMajor Offline
stranger

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: exadust
How can you be your own God if you do not believe you are above others?

You've got to be kidding me.

The Satanist is independent of others,not above.

Believe otherwise,if it suits you.

Those without ego's are alotting themselves for others to take advantage of. And in the name of self-perservation you can have no such weakness.

Everybody has an ego; strength and weakness seek their own level.

Your weakness is apparent.

Keep chumming the waters.....

Edited by CanisMajor (03/14/10 01:26 PM)

#36414 - 03/14/10 01:33 PM Re: Individuality-The Box Factor [Re: CanisMajor]
exadust Offline
pledge

Are you suggesting that my belief that I'm above non Satanists is a weakness?

Satanists are above others and you can call that ego or living in the box but it is factual.

#36416 - 03/14/10 01:55 PM Re: Individuality-The Box Factor [Re: exadust]
CanisMajor Offline
stranger

Yes. However,you could enlighten me as to how you define "above".

Satanists are above others and you can call that ego or living in the box but it is factual.

While I am hardly the arbiter of good taste here,what is factual is that your grasp on most subjects is dubious and feeble at best. Your multitude of posts prove the point that quantity does not necessarily equal quality.

Think a little before you raise your hand in class.

Edited by CanisMajor (03/14/10 02:02 PM)
Edit Reason: AAAARGH

#36417 - 03/14/10 02:14 PM Re: Individuality-The Box Factor [Re: CanisMajor]
exadust Offline
pledge

I post my opinions whether you agree or disagree is your opinion.

Ego's are essential end of story.

#36420 - 03/14/10 02:41 PM Re: Individuality-The Box Factor [Re: exadust]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:

In a certain way, it is.
As you put it, you claim yourself above Catholics and Muslims and Atheists and....
Your weakness is the false idea that a Satanist as an individual is above anyone else (phallacy). A Satanist aims (depending from individual to individual) to be "higher", but therefor isn't necessarily it. As what I can derive from your profile, you are working in a warehouse. Turn it how you want, but unless you are having a manager-function it really isn't a high profile to claim you are standing above anyone else...

Quote:
I post my opinions whether you agree or disagree is your opinion.

While not adressed to me, but when opinions are given be sure to receive answers. Posting opinions means opening yourself up for discussion. If you give an opinion and don't want to see it challenged I urge you to leave.

Quote:
Ego's are essential end of story.

While I agree with it till a certain degree, there is this little something which is called "counterproductive pride".
Perhaps you should take the Satanic statements and Satanic sins back at hand. (While doing so you'd better reread the SB as mentioned/advised by others).

Edited by Dimitri (03/14/10 02:50 PM)

#36435 - 03/14/10 06:32 PM Re: Individuality-The Box Factor [Re: Dimitri]
Doomsage680 Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
You should examine what you think it means to be "above" others. Do you mean happier? Smarter? More able to survive and accomplish one's goals? There are many who only possess a few characteristics of Satanism who are smart, happy, and accomplished. It is the ability to manifest Satanic qualities, not simply belief in them that matters.

I used to like the idea that I was above others. Once my life settled down a little and I stopped worrying about what others thought, I actually stopped thinking I was. I've even caught myself thinking it every now and then lately since it's taken a downturn; it's the ego's natural defense to protect it's self image. You feel empowered and strong; that's your mind doing its job, but a comforting belief is not necessarily true; that's why I abandoned religion. Satanism is about being in control of yourself and manipulating your environment to your will and needs, it's about enhancing the abilities that allowed humans to evolve to our present state.
Believing you're above others is simply manipulating your own mind and doesn't aid you in changing your environment. It actually makes you more comfortable with the current state of misery. In my view this is inherently un-Satanic, if a rookie like myself can make such a statement.
It's not so bad to be like most people. Most people are like most people (snicker). As long as you acheive happiness, you shouldn't even bother being concerned with how you rank among others.
It's not about being # 1, it's about not caring for the numbers.

Being your own God is about awareness and taking responsibility, not supremacy.

#36604 - 03/16/10 06:14 PM Re: Individuality-The Box Factor [Re: exadust]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Exadust, you asked, “How can you be your own God if you do not believe you are above others?”

I think the answer is contained in your question. I am “my own god”, not anyone else’s. They are their god, and I am mine. Although I think comparing myself to others can motivate me to improve my life, it can also hinder my progress if I get too preoccupied with it. After all, ultimately my competition is with myself, to be the best I can be.

#36605 - 03/16/10 06:27 PM Re: Individuality-The Box Factor [Re: William Wright]
exadust Offline
pledge

When I use the term above it in no way implies supremacy but more on the line of more capable.

And I do not preoccupy myself with others I merely test them.

Life is a series of tests. I just enjoy administrating tests as much as possible.

#36617 - 03/17/10 02:32 AM Re: Individuality-The Box Factor [Re: exadust]
Doomsage680 Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Why do you test people? What do you gain? That sounds manipulative, and not in a way that advances your personal goals. Please elaborate.

#36631 - 03/17/10 09:46 AM Re: Individuality-The Box Factor [Re: Doomsage680]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Do you enjoy being tested yourself, exadust? If so, I am sure you will find people on here whose opinions and ideas prove challenging to you.

#36632 - 03/17/10 10:08 AM Re: Individuality-The Box Factor [Re: felixgarnet]
exadust Offline
pledge

Of course I like beinf tested like I said life is a series of tests.

#36635 - 03/17/10 11:19 AM Re: Individuality-The Box Factor [Re: exadust]
CanisMajor Offline
stranger

When I use the term above it in no way implies supremacy but more on the line of more capable.

And I do not preoccupy myself with others I merely test them.

Life is a series of tests. I just enjoy administrating tests as much as possible.

Your ego is akin to a train wreck viewed through a funhouse mirror.The only capability you seem to possess is the ability to spout inane anti-intellectual fodder whilst puffing out your chest.

Adolescent playground preening aside,it seems ironic that you should speak of "individuality" considering that your main preoccupation appears to be little more than third-party validation.

Your apparent void of any realistic introspection coupled with a total lack of humility immediately disqualify you as one who has the credibility to administer any litmus test.

If you test me,you had better damn well have something to teach me.

Life IS a test,but watching you cheesily attempt to trip and stumble your way through the gauntlet is just plain painful.

Edited by CanisMajor (03/17/10 11:45 AM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.