Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#40290 - 07/15/10 12:51 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Lucifer Rising]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
Since I am at odds most of the time with the people around me, it would be foolish to seek their approval. It took me a few years to learn this lesson. I was raised to be a good horsewhipped Catholic, after all. I swallowed whole all that peace love hippy crap during the 60's and 70's. Reality is that people are opportunistic and when it comes to things that are desirable, they will use every trick in the book to get them. Let's face it, the good stuff is in short supply and if you are not quick enough, brutal enough, or cunning enough, you will be fighting over the scraps. Worse case scenario, you will get nothing but injuries. There are points at which absolutely no one else can be trusted.
Do I seek approval? Sure I do, when I want something in return.
Am I perfect in my ascertaining situations of profit and gain? No, I'm not. I can get stung. Am I a vindictive son of a bitch? You better believe it.

#42598 - 08/28/10 04:59 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Satansfarm]
XBlackXScorpionX Offline
stranger

Loc: Arizona
Approval can be a powerful and readily obtainable tool. Because of my likeable personality I gain it and maintain it easily. I use my good approval ratings to get a lot out of people; for example, tools, knowledge, special privileges, promotions, “those photos her husband and my wife will never know about” the list is goes on. Add it to the arsenal if it’s something you can do well. You never know when it’ll be advantageous for someone to have a good opinion of you.
#42620 - 08/29/10 06:06 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: XBlackXScorpionX]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
I am Initiated to a sublime life of humility, labor, service, gratitude, and practice. What each of these five axioms signify would entail elaboration greater than is needed. So, I'm not going to bother with detailing how each principle unfolded into the manifoldness which is summarized as just merely One. Each provided maxims to synthesize a unique life, one without regret as to how I live it. After intense supra-mental feats which span five years to date (but have been going on for my entire life), extraneous matter as well as spiritual is replete to a corollary position or status. Hence, all suprafluous outflowings are no longer a threat or occupy concern in my well-Being which is of primary importance to myself. This conscious-force is a sustaining vigor which is Absolute Existence to my integral, continual life. My Intelligence, Bliss, Will, Knowledge, and Action have gone through a metamorphisis which is self-realized as a restoration of spatio-temporal sensations of movement and change. I am spang (completed).

There are a plethora of people to thank for placing me in a trenchant terminus that was-is-will be evolving and involving a Monistic life that is at this place in time and will be torpid to all of my percipient senses. The right, other kind of individuals are a moot point which does not involve any processing beyond themselves as humans.

Ciao

#42621 - 08/29/10 06:34 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: paolo sette]
Autodidact Offline

Originally Posted By: paolo sette
I am Initiated to a sublime life of humility, labor, service, gratitude, and practice ...

That all sounds suspiciously RHP. Or like the philosophy version of the Dilbert mission statement generator.

Hm, maybe I could write a perl version, with high-falutin' words and complicated metaphors ...

Oh, and:

I am spang (completed).

you misspelled "spam".

#42634 - 08/30/10 08:35 AM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: paolo sette]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
I am Initiated to a sublime life of humility, labor, service, gratitude, and practice. What each of these five axioms signify would entail elaboration greater than is needed. So, I'm not going to bother with detailing how each principle unfolded into the manifoldness which is summarized as just merely One. Each provided maxims to synthesize a unique life, one without regret as to how I live it. After intense supra-mental feats which span five years to date (but have been going on for my entire life), extraneous matter as well as spiritual is replete to a corollary position or status. Hence, all suprafluous outflowings are no longer a threat or occupy concern in my well-Being which is of primary importance to myself. This conscious-force is a sustaining vigor which is Absolute Existence to my integral, continual life. My Intelligence, Bliss, Will, Knowledge, and Action have gone through a metamorphisis which is self-realized as a restoration of spatio-temporal sensations of movement and change. I am spang (completed).

There are a plethora of people to thank for placing me in a trenchant terminus that was-is-will be evolving and involving a Monistic life that is at this place in time and will be torpid to all of my percipient senses. The right, other kind of individuals are a moot point which does not involve any processing beyond themselves as humans.

Ciao

I know we're not suppose to use one-liners, so I'll try to extend this as far as possible.
I have but one question for you Paolo Sette.
Do you talk like this in real life? I hope for the sake of the people around you that you don't.
If you were looking for acceptance by using a plethora of elaborate words that actually stated absolutely nothing about the topic....
Well...
Oh........Never mind.

#42635 - 08/30/10 10:59 AM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Nyte]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

He has been banned before for such behaviour. Some just don't want to learn I guess.

#42729 - 09/03/10 03:27 AM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Autodidact]
Euronymous Offline
stranger

Loc: san diego, ca
I concur. People will always judge others and deem them "acceptable" or "not acceptable" according to whatever "standards" they have put forth. As Your own God, You choose - with a discriminating eye ;\) - to gain the approval of whomever you decide as it benefits you as an individual. We all judge and seek approval in given circumstances, but I would like to think that the Satanist does this from a stand point of "lesser magic" for His or Her own personal gain.

#42733 - 09/03/10 01:55 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Euronymous]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
It's one thing to judge. But a lot of people do it without looking into the person or subject they're judging. People tend to judge based on face value - no pun - or by heresay from others. Before a person judges, research what or who it is you're judging. Turn it inside out. Look at it from every possible angle. Then, after you've exhausted every possibility, form your judgement.

#42734 - 09/03/10 01:56 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Euronymous]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I agree that it is necessary that people approve of you in certain situations.

I do contract work so I do have to play the game and subtly manipulate people into liking me. Although being able to do your job is essential, being liked by the ones hiring you, or those you work with, is more important than most people realize. You can be an ace at what you do, if people think you are a pain to interact with, they will prefer someone else, either directly or when hiring for the next job.

Generally, if you want something from people, it is way easier when they like you.

D.

#42735 - 09/03/10 03:03 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Euronymous]
Autodidact Offline

Originally Posted By: Euronymous
We all judge and seek approval in given circumstances, but I would like to think that the Satanist does this from a stand point of "lesser magic" for His or Her own personal gain.

And that's really the key. Humans probably use first impressions and snap judgements because evolutionarily it paid to react faster than it took to "think things through" (whatever that means for our hairy ancestors), and also because it takes less time and energy. I try to be discriminating in what I spend my time and energy thinking about, but most people don't.

For yourself, discriminate, and don't feel bad about snap judgements on things you don't care that much about.

But be mindful that others are more fickle. For instance, the best way to get promoted is to be trusted by your boss, and your boss's boss, regardless of actual job performance ... and they will probably base that trust purely on how well you help them accomplish *their* goals. Leverage for LBM, use as desired.

#42756 - 09/04/10 04:24 AM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Lucifer Rising]
Syn_Holliday Offline
stranger

Loc: West Covina, CA
On the flip side, I've known some who call themselves Satanists who seek to gain the disapproval of others in the belief that they will gain approval from Satanists. Others might do it with the belief that they will appear tough. Some because it gives them the sense of rebellion. Some will consciously try to gain disapproval from the religious, either for martyrdom or to prove some point.

I remember walking around Hollywood with a bunch of other Satanists, and one of them getting really excited, with a big smile say to me, "Did you see the looks on those people's faces? They totally disapprove of us!" And all I could think was, what a dork.

Seeking disapproval for the sake of gaining approval. Hmm.

#42836 - 09/06/10 03:11 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Syn_Holliday]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
 Originally Posted By: Syn_Holliday
On the flip side, I've known some who call themselves Satanists who seek to gain the disapproval of others in the belief that they will gain approval from Satanists. Others might do it with the belief that they will appear tough. Some because it gives them the sense of rebellion. Some will consciously try to gain disapproval from the religious, either for martyrdom or to prove some point.

I remember walking around Hollywood with a bunch of other Satanists, and one of them getting really excited, with a big smile say to me, "Did you see the looks on those people's faces? They totally disapprove of us!" And all I could think was, what a dork.

Seeking disapproval for the sake of gaining approval. Hmm.

Disdainful actions are always a one edged sword. The most you go and do is make a mockery of yourself.

In response to the main part of the thread though, I must say that approval to others is an essential part of life in general. Yes, we pick and choose our battles but in life, there are just some people you HAVE to play nicely with from time to time. For example, I gain approval from my boss by my work ethic so I am able to obtain more. I gain approval from most of the parents that have children around my childrens' ages so that they might not suffer from misunderstanding at such a young age.

We seek approval, by choice, to obtain things or to avoid things. A young Satanist may deter a conversation with an adult about his involvement with Satanism as to avoid the extra hardship. Granted, the extra hardship may be something he will need to go through eventually, but why add more stress to your life?

This striving for approval becomes a problem when you pretend you are something you are not. If a person goes out of their way to avoid the topic of Satanism just simply to not have to deal with the headache that comes with discussing it with certain people, I cannot see a problem with this. If a person, in the same attempts claim to be something other than a Satanist (like a christian) this becomes a problem. (However, they wouldn't be much of a Satanist then anyhow would they? xD)

But I digress as I am heading into another subject entirely.

I restate though, that approval is nice when it comes to certain aspects of my life. I am as judgmental as the next person that comes around but I do not expect anything more from them than I would from myself.

#42914 - 09/10/10 12:36 AM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: MelanosDivinity]
mountaingoat Offline

Loc: Colorado
Starting a thread about not wanting approval is a very transparent way to get approval from people who you perceive to be something superior to yourself. Responding to this probably feeds you more than you deserve. Figure it out for yourself and you don't need to ask.

-John Fowles

#43063 - 09/16/10 08:40 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: mountaingoat]
Sirsee Offline
stranger

Loc: Montreal
To quote the sage words of Dave & Max Fleischer's profound character:
"I am what I am, I'm Popeye the Sailor man, toot, toot."

Edited by Sirsee (09/16/10 08:41 PM)

#43065 - 09/16/10 08:55 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Sirsee]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Or even:

I am what I am
I am my own special creation
So come take a look
Give me the hook
Or the ovation
It's my world
That I want to have a little pride
My world
And it's not a place I have to hide in
Life's not worth a dam
Till I can say
I am what I am!

I am what I am
I don't want praise I don't want pity
I bang my own drum
Some think it's noise I think it's pretty
And so what if I love each sparkle and each bangle
Why not see things from a different angle
Your life is a sham
Till you can shout out I am what I am!

I am what I am
And what I am needs no excuses
I deal my own deck
Sometimes the aces sometimes the deuces
It's one life and there's no return and no deposit
One life so it's time to open up your closet
Life's not worth a dam till you can shout out
I am what I am!

- Gloria Gaynor.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.