Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#43079 - 09/17/10 07:29 AM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: felixgarnet]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
P.S. Sorry for any spelling mistakes I missed in this Cut and Paste!
Life is, of course, "Not worth a DAMN" (until you can shout, etc) and I want to have a little pride IN it. ;\)

#44178 - 11/18/10 03:25 AM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: MelanosDivinity]
DaVayne Offline
stranger

Loc: Arizona, USA
You have touched upon a sensitive (and important) aspect of Satanic thought, especially as it applies to lesser magic. To consider what others think of you is a twofold concern: either you consider how others perceive you in a passive way, or you consider how others perceive you in an active way.

To alter your appearance, attitude, voice, or whatever, to simply appease others around you would be a passive form of considering how they think about you. This is a form of slavery. On the other hand, if you were to cultivate an appearance, attitude, voice, or whatever, in order to control how others perceive you -- that would be an active form of considering how others think about you. This, more active, approach gives you a self-defined and self-aware form of leverage: a tool or a weapon in any given situation.

In the world at large, we seek the approval of our fellow men so that we might walk among them undetected. We speak their words, agree with their bullshit, and become something of demagogues in order to gain leverage over them. This concept, if used in a rational and aware state of mind, becomes our tool and our weapon. It is not done to satisfy the "scared little child" in us who seeks the approval of others. Rather, it is done in an awakened state, with control in mind. But when it comes to others of our kind, a modicum of respect must be initiated. You must, indeed, know yourself -- and you needn't seek my approval (or that of anyone else in this forum). Those newbies who define themselves by "kissing ass" will be discarded as chaff, and are hardly your (or anyone else's) concern.

Now, for you to decide not to "judge others" is itself a judgement upon those who do judge others; and since you cannot stand outside yourself, you've not the objective clarity to pass judgement upon yourself. Who you are is who you define yourself to be . . . and that confers nothing upon anyone else, either here or in the outside world.

#44179 - 11/18/10 03:39 AM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Syn_Holliday]
DaVayne Offline
stranger

Loc: Arizona, USA
 Originally Posted By: Syn_Holliday
I remember walking around Hollywood with a bunch of other Satanists, and one of them getting really excited, with a big smile say to me, "Did you see the looks on those people's faces? They totally disapprove of us!" And all I could think was, what a dork.

Seeking disapproval for the sake of gaining approval. Hmm.

Well put, my friend. It's the irony factor in action!

#44626 - 12/05/10 04:11 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Diavolo]
Master Magick Offline
pledge

Loc: New York, USA
Exactly right and this is what 'the herd' and often many Satanists never realize. There is a difference between seeking approval and gaining approval.

If you are seeking approval because you are weak and unsure of yourself or have a slave-like relationship with others, you are likely already lost to the herd.
If on the other hand, you are gaining approval of others when you need it for your own benefit (work, lust, power, etc.), there is nothing to be worried about or ashamed of. In fact, some of the most powerful people in every walk of life are the very best at doing just that, gaining your approval.

I'll quote an extremely successful approval getter here to make a point about questions like this, "If you have to ask, then you probably canít afford itĒ J. P. Morgan

#46773 - 01/14/11 01:46 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Lucifer Rising]
mr.x Offline
stranger

I plead to the fifth on all the comments you all posted on here.Sorry,I have to disagree with every one of your silly statements.The stupidest most unintellegent thing an individual could do is seek approval from another human being,especially if tha human being is lower than him.In my Satanic Organization,[I wish not to reveal the name here]everybody is equal and nobody thinks they are better than anybody.We beleive strongly in UNITY not the other way around.We beleive in Satan as a real DEITY.I dont know what Satanic organizations you people belong to,and I dont care to know.All Ive seen and read in these posts on here in the last 3 months is cyberbulling.Sorry to say I grew out of that stage years ago and I think some of you people need to grow up,thats if you are really true satanists as you say you are. Ave Satanas.

Edited by mr.x (01/14/11 01:54 PM)

#46774 - 01/14/11 01:49 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: mr.x]
mr.x Offline
stranger

Another thing I may like to add to is I dont have a problem with Satanists bashing other religons or christianity.I have a problem with Satanists bashing other Satanists.I just thought I would throw that in there too.

#46777 - 01/14/11 02:22 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: mr.x]
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
@ mr.x
Asking Satanists to get along and be nice with each other is like asking a bunch of lions to only eat vegetarian rather than meat. It is in the nature of a Satanist as one recent guy put it "you are either a predator or prey".

Big egos, predation and being adversarial is all part and parcel of being a Satanist, all qualities that will cause conflict, and it requires a tough policy like which 600Club has to keep Satanists organisations from ripping themselves to pieces in war.

600Club is mainly made up of Laveyan Satanists, nobody is equal and few of the membership worship entities. Here Satanists eat you after they have had a little play.

I agree that it gets tiresome seeing all the conflict between Satanists, all the drama, bitching and stupidity. Satanic International Network is a joke when it comes to the infighting, but 600Club has it under control.

As a Luciferian, I have seen not one fight between Luciferians, which is rather amazing. We have a different outlook to life to the Satanist.

#46782 - 01/14/11 02:46 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: mabon2010]
mr.x Offline
stranger

I am not a Laveyan Satanist but I respect your opinion.I have read all of Anton Laveys books and if it werent for the Satanic Bible I probabaly would have never found Satanism.I am in a different organization which has been around thousands of years and we study the ancient ways.We have been criticised as I might say Dungeons and Dragon roleplayers.Lavey was not the first to discover Satanism but to expose it to the public.Many were fascinated at the time and some were just downright pissed off.Ask yourself where do you think Lavey got all his traditions,rituals etc. from.And no,Im not saying all Satanists should be nice to each other.Everybody has got thier own opinion and views. Ave Satanas

#46784 - 01/14/11 03:00 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: mabon2010]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: mabon2010

600Club is mainly made up of Laveyan Satanists, nobody is equal and few of the membership worship entities. Here Satanists eat you after they have had a little play.

I've seen this said here and elsewhere, and while many here have been INFLUENCED by Anton LaVey and The Satanic Bible, it would be wrong to label the vast majority of people here as "LaVeyan" Satanists. They are simply individuals that have found they are in agreement with SOME of the ideas of Anton LaVey, and from that very tenuous standpoint, go off in wildly divergent directions.

The term itself is a misnomer, since when LaVey codified Satanism under The Church of Satan, there were no "SATANIC" groups around. There were of course those who used the name Satan, but mostly from what we would today term "theistic" angle... Father Satan, vs "Satan as one's brother... part of oneself."

Those who were in the Pre-Bartonian/Gilmorian/Nadramian Church of Satan are a whole different animal than those who have come since.

#46786 - 01/14/11 03:05 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Jake999]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Edit: This is, of course, addressed to Mr.X and not Jake.

Quote:
In my Satanic Organization,[I wish not to reveal the name here]everybody is equal and nobody thinks they are better than anybody.We beleive strongly in UNITY not the other way around

Quote:
I dont have a problem with Satanists bashing other religons or christianity.I have a problem with Satanists bashing other Satanists.

Quote:
.And no,Im not saying all Satanists should be nice to each other.

Doesn't talking in circles like that make you dizzy?

Edited by 6Satan6Archist6 (01/14/11 03:06 PM)
Edit Reason: marked

#46791 - 01/14/11 03:17 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
mr.x Offline
stranger

What I meant was Other Satanists dont have to be nice to each other on this site.In the organization Im with everybody respects everybody elses values and opinion and we are all brothers and sisters[not on this forum].

#46792 - 01/14/11 03:24 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: mr.x]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

So your organization is made up of family members? Wow. I could probably get my sister to read TSB but I doubt she would take it any further that. My mother probably wouldn't even open the book. Certainly neither one would join a Satanic organization.

So you think that "other Satanists dont have to be nice to each other on this site" while at the same time saying "I think some of you people need to grow up..." specifically with regards to "cyberbulling"?

So which is it? Either we don't have to be nice to each other or we should "grow up" and stop "cyberbulling".

Maybe if people stop being cyberetarded they wont need their cyberhead cyberkickedin.

#47869 - 02/02/11 07:37 AM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: MelanosDivinity]
myk5 Offline

It's well and good to not need the approval of others. But it's not where most humans come from, and I must insist you look again to see if your question is a legitimate query as its very posting seems to belie a care of what others think.

Humiliation would simply not be possible for the person who truly did not care what others thought, so if you believe that describes yourself I invite you to spend a day at the mall with no pants.

I personally feel I have made some progress in this. Not so much I'll dare the mall with no pants. But a circumstance that I cannot help, perhaps my only winter coat has an ugly tear making it unpresentable - I can and will understand the best I can do is blameless and therefore have no shame however other people judge me for it.

For myself, the insight is that to whatever extent I am concerned how other people judge me, they exist in the world likely more worried about how I judge them.

In the case of being a 'newbie' at any endeavor - the others with experience are not just any people, they are the people that know more than you do about the very thing you are interested in. Caring what they think may be useful and practical in allowing you to progress at that thing you are interested in.

I would counsel that any form of occult is perhaps an exception, many people have spent a great deal of time growing egos with no results to point to, such a person can only teach you to be like themselves.

#47870 - 02/02/11 07:44 AM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: myk5]
myk5 Offline

Cyberbullying is a show of weakness, it's reason-d'etre is to camouflage shame with attacks.

It's why almost all people that harass Gay people are gay themselves and far more likely to kill themselves if anyone targeted them for similar harassment.

If you need to bully me, I know I can destroy you.

The way an internet posting can endue in time, cyber bullying can destroy the bully simply by existing online as an enduring record of pettiness and intolerance. It alone can destroy the bullies entire life as prospective employers check backgrounds online and elect to hire prospects that can work well with others....

Edited by myk5 (02/02/11 07:49 AM)

#47871 - 02/02/11 08:11 AM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: myk5]
myk5 Offline

The lesser magic of manipulating other's perception with presentation - this already exists in the world as principles of fashion. The tv show "What not to wear" and various makeover shows offer basic education in social standards that otherwise may be unconscious.

The mere fact of the 'glamour' of Satanism, means that many attracted to it are already committed to counterculture and may have tattoos and a black wardrobe to match.

Tattoos can prove appealing over an entire lifetime, but generally if your look doesn't become more conservative as you age you will begin to look like a clown. The 18 year old punk rocker in a leather jacket festooned with spikes and chains may look endearing or fun, but a 45 year old man in the exact same look projects 'pathetic' and 'loser'.

I've spent most my life 'blending' while having friends that commit themselves to the counterculture with distended ear lobes and daring piercings. My blending has allowed me to hold straight jobs, be an effective salesman and so forth.

Now that I've been downsized, the jobs I have simply don't require blending and my best shot to succeed is to start my own business as an artist, web developer perhaps silkscreen printer. In that role I have more freedom and I'm considering a new look. Perhaps a business suit festooned with spikes as if it were a young punks leather jacket...? It would mess with perceptions in such a way as to give me a visual brand. I imagine being an artist gives me license to consider this and maybe get away with it.

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.