Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#48711 - 02/11/11 08:02 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: MelanosDivinity]
Dark Beauty Offline
stranger

I agree with the OP in deeming the necessity of seeking approval useless.

From personal experiences, I've never sought the approval of my parents, which perhaps, set me at odds with them, and others, my entire life. In relationships and friendships, I was the dominant force so others sought my approval. In career matters, I worked jobs long enough until I could no longer stand slaving away without enjoyment while building someone else's empire. Now, I travel and live in the country I choose, dress as I wish, and work only if I can express myself. Those whom I would have had to gain some sort of approval in normal circumstances would still not necessarily be detrimental to my life, as there are many ways to achieve one's aims in this life.

I, too, wear makeup, but it is only because I do not approve of the condition of my skin so I refuse to go without it. It is not for bewitching men. For my vanity whispers: If I can arouse myself, I can arouse another.

Superficially, we seek approval to obtain jobs or for some sort of power, but this can be seen as more of a flaw of character when shown in other aspects of life.

I have considered myself an outcast my entire life, the black sheep in every way. I never expect to gain someone's approval, and if so, I know it is only temporary and for some selfish or exploitative reason. You must approve of yourself before others will approve of you. To seek approval is to give away power and self-confidence. Humans smell fear and weakness like animals in the wild smell the blood of their wounded prey. But if you choose not to, be wise enough to use this to your advantage instead of for the mere sake of ego greasing, blind conformity, or a stupid desire to belong. For all sheep are eventually led to the slaughter.

#51920 - 03/29/11 11:32 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Lucifer Rising]
Hegesias Offline

I only get on with other males in a gym atmosphere. This is because aggression is high and competitiveness is bolstered by encouragement on all sides to better ourselves, for others to better themselves and genuinely make progression all around.

When aggression is repressed such as in nightclubs this is when anxiety and paranoia atmospheres catalyse violence as there is no way to prove to females that you are a suitable mate.

In a gym atmosphere, every male can display and assert his strength, his humour and in a relaxed non exaggerated way, in the presence of equally healthy females, this does not need to come to sexual gratification but actually vents those feelings and creates a relaxed atmosphere of naturalness free from tension. In my experience anyway, there are no negative vibes in gyms, there is healthy aggression and humour between competitive males. Many many females to avoid any kind of petty squabbles over female attention with professionalism all around instead.

Christian people, Muslim people, and even me, all set those things aside when in a positive atmosphere with positive people.

#51921 - 03/29/11 11:51 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Lucifer Rising]
Lucifer I Am Offline
stranger

Loc: Texas
I've come to find through research and my own experiences that as a Luciferian and an ex-Christian, I no longer have this guilt hanging over me when I do something that would be considered wrong by mainstream religions. I hold myself accountable now and I do what I want without fear of some religious scorn. That is the beauty of the LHP, accountability to oneself, self-discipline.
#51965 - 03/31/11 08:21 AM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Lucifer I Am]
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
@ Lucifer I Am. The two defining definitions of LHP:
1. to be your own god.
2. to rebel against the flow of conformity to become your own god.

Part of the process is to undo the brainwashing of RHP dogma, a sometimes painful unlearning process, and many backward steps before the empowering journey begins in Luciferianism to becoming your own god in your own life by expressing your potentiality in all its forms.

#51969 - 03/31/11 02:08 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: mabon2010]
Hegesias Offline

What is Apotheosis if it is not turning man's primitive aggression in on himself sublimated into self-control?

Is there self worship here? Are joy and happiness the fruits of amassed power? And what is power if it is not the actualisation of what has been overcome?

What is taking place is destruction! A total devaluation! Break down all concepts and qualities by which man takes pleasure to reveal principles in which no one takes pleasure. In this we see in the latter the origin of the former.

I am a God? Surely not. I would think me not an idol of worship but always a lower form of being to perpetually overcome. And in every living creature Will to Power.

#51973 - 03/31/11 03:19 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Hegesias]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Hegesias
I am a God? Surely not. I would think me not an idol of worship but always a lower form of being to perpetually overcome. And in every living creature Will to Power.

It is indeed all about to overcome; transcending. Being our own god sounds nice and dandy and it is surely reactionary against religion but in the end, it simply means the Self is the center.

It is not as much about removing the RHP dogma, which is quite easy, but about removing all chains and defining one's own values in life. While growing up, we are trained as a Hive-Mind; all about us is them, and when awakening, one can start liberating oneself, carefully analyzing our previous training program and add, delete and rewrite what is needed. We slowly move from a Hive-Mind into a Self-Mind, constantly improving our current state; becoming what we are.

Calling ourselves gods might be good for the ego but it hardly matches reality.

D.

#51979 - 03/31/11 04:03 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Diavolo]
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
@ Diavolo
But that is what Satanism is partly about, expressing ego, being the beast. You refer to yourself as a Satanist, you are Satan. In effect Satan is God and the God is You, and you are the greatest thing in your life, the sun to which the whole world revolves around.

@ Hegesias
Why do you need to turn anything against yourself? Those that turn against themselves do so because of a conflict between their own internal potentiality and an external enslaving element (example a religion).

Nor do you become less, but greater in the Left Hand Path through the empowerment of self, the breaking of chains on your way to become god in your own life.

#51983 - 03/31/11 04:12 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: mabon2010]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

It is expressing Will to Power above all. Of course I'm satan and of course I'm god and except strawberry ice-cream, I am indeed the greatest thing in my life but these are all words which sound quite cool and might indeed feed the ego.

In the end, I'm nothing but a work in progress and inevitably my body or brain will fail at one point, turning this all into yet another unfinished work. The only difference between us and them is that, at least, we are painting ourselves.

D.

#51988 - 03/31/11 05:13 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Diavolo]
Jake999 Offline

There are so many people who just don't understand the concept of "being one's own god" that I wish that Dr. LaVey had just kept it to himself sometimes... of course, even when it's spelled out, the inherent egomania of some make it a futile effort.

Yes. You ARE in charge of your own life. Yes, you DO take responsibility for your own actions. In accordance with the 11 Rules, you do not complain about those things to which you need not subject yourself. You do, at your own hand, control whether you live or die.

But in a world of gods, interactions do take place and Satanic gods, being creatures of flesh, blood and need, rather than the sterile gossamer of spirit, must at times compromise and must at times consider the flesh, blood and need of other gods as well. You may be an island unto yourself, but unless you're growing your own crops, milling your own clothes and in a love affair with your own hand, others will come into the picture, and like it or not, they too need you to a point and will also be on the path of compromise to fulfill their needs as well.

So, in a world of gods, one remains circumspect. You interact when you can or must, and you make those compromises that you can without losing your sense of self. Will to Power... yeah... sounds good, doesn't it? But WILL negates WILL without common sense and stalemate occurs, in which nothing gets done, and the "gods" become reduced to arguments on trivialities; how many angels can fit on the head of a pin? Who's a Satanist? Does this construct make my ass look fat?

Being one's own god means controlling oneself. Being one's own god means that you place yourself above the trivialities of the trolling, arguing masses, sure of what one believes to be right for his own life, and joyous in that knowledge. If others can see and enjoy it with him, so much the better, but if not, a GOD is just as happy to go it alone. Being one's own god means being in the world, but not OF it. Being one's own god means being that island unto itself, a sovereign country of one, beholden to none, but interacting with others when need or circumstance arises, yet always looking inward to one's own intuition for personal truths, rather than outward to some spiritual pipe dream or some ancient wisdom applicable to ancient times.

Being one's own god is truly entering one's own house justified.

#51990 - 03/31/11 05:21 PM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: Jake999]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

But of course Jake, in life, there are others and if you act as a "god" and expect them all to conform according your needs, you either end up with a paper hat or very, very needy.

There is that what is applied to transcending personally and that what is done, out there, because it needs to be done, and when needed, gods have to swallow their godly pride and adapt because that serves their goals better than trying to shoot thunderbolts from their arse at everything not going as planned.

D.

#52011 - 04/01/11 12:22 AM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: mabon2010]
Hegesias Offline

Originally Posted By: mabon2010
@ Diavolo
But that is what Satanism is partly about, expressing ego, being the beast. You refer to yourself as a Satanist, you are Satan. In effect Satan is God and the God is You, and you are the greatest thing in your life, the sun to which the whole world revolves around.

@ Hegesias
Why do you need to turn anything against yourself? Those that turn against themselves do so because of a conflict between their own internal potentiality and an external enslaving element (example a religion).

Nor do you become less, but greater in the Left Hand Path through the empowerment of self, the breaking of chains on your way to become god in your own life.

Turn on myself Mabon? Ask: how can I think if I am obsessed with an idea?

Intellectual crisis is about this place of mind. As the sovereign individual, I have want to experience problems. I present both a warm conclusion and perhaps the coldest conclusion from the same premises. You will hear two voices speaking; one asserts the other objects. This is the ugliest self-sufficiency of man in the immoralist shadow the free-thinker overcoming inexorable nihilism. The controlling tendencies of my thoughts are nihilist and contrive contrasting emotions, I will come as commentator and critic of my own ideas because these are all I have from my experience and experience of nothing else.

#52012 - 04/01/11 06:56 AM Re: Seeking Approval Of Fellow Men [Re: mabon2010]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

The expression "being ones own god" is slightly, not to say very much, overrated. It simply means of having your act together, to know what you are doing why you are doing it (or why it is being done) and the possible knowledge/fruits you will gain from it. And even the last part isn't really a must.

There is a sentence I read on facebook from a good friend of mine. I don't know if it is from a famous author, philosopher or even a lyric from a certain artist.
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained."

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 25 queries. Zlib compression disabled.