Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#35473 - 02/11/10 09:47 AM Re: Internalizing Satanistic Philosophy: The Bible [Re: MelanosDivinity]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: MelanosDivinity

I have always believed that just reading a book isn't enough
one must comprehend what he is reading.

TSB can be deceptively simple.

To me, one of the most important quotes in the book is:

Originally Posted By: ASLV
Satanism demands study, not worship!

That quote is an invitation\invocation to stop taking things at face value and to begin to doubt.

To doubt is to begin seeking truth and to seek truth is to acquire knowledge.

The acquisition of knowledge is taboo in the Abrahamic religions, consult Adam and Eve and consult the djinn who were all tempted into knowing things beyond the word of god (by who?) \:\)

Consider these other quotes from the Book of Lucifer in TSB:

It is only doubt which will bring mental emancipation. Without the wonderful element of doubt the doorway through which truth passes would be tightly shut..

When one doubt is followed by another, the bubble (of falsehood), grown large from long accumulated fallacies, threatens to burst.

You would not be here were it not for your doubt.

How far you can carry that is up to you.

#35483 - 02/11/10 01:58 PM Decompression chamber [Re: MelanosDivinity]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

The philosophy on itself is easy enough to understand, if the person is willingly and has the right mindset to understand, learn and grow.

It should be mentioned that the part of understanding is only a beginning. To recognize oneself is another part. And then if both factors are being met up with the labeling is yet another part.
It is easy to CLAIM all 3 factors are being achieved/done/have happened, yet most self-proclaimed persons fail hardly and tend to fall back on illogical thinking.

The understanding should make the practitioner able to know what he is talking about, the recognization makes it more easy to state the knowledge you acuired and to enforce these statements. To label oneself is to acknowledge the fact you understand and recognize yourself trough the understanding and recognization.
I like to stress out that if someone starts to label himself (especially with Satanism) he/she should be able to state their choice/belief, to know what they state and to state what they know.

To have an open-mind is a good thing, but it is best with the need for evidence. Evenso, I would say that an open-mind should be accompanied with the standard of "asking evidence/sources" (and thinking critically about these sources). To doubt is a bad word, to question is more wise.

Edited by Dimitri (02/11/10 02:08 PM)

#35484 - 02/11/10 04:00 PM Re: Decompression chamber [Re: Dimitri]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

The philosophy on itself is easy enough to understand

The thing is, even though TSB is very short and written in plain English, the fact remains that most people (at least the ones that discuss it here and other cyber 'places') seem to miss the mark by a mile. Cognitive dissonance is a bitch, and most just end up trying to make sense of it in the context of their own (usually heavily RHP) belief system. A real understanding never comes out of this.

Satanism, as it is, is completely alien to most minds. This is a bridge too far for most.

#35486 - 02/11/10 04:11 PM Re: Decompression chamber [Re: Dan_Dread]
Noctuary Offline
pledge

I think what happens to new people who are of a certain mind frame is this...
They mistake this idea:

TSB is about Satanism. Is it NOT Satanism. We are the living embodiment of Satanic ideas..not the xerox machines of some book.

#35489 - 02/11/10 04:52 PM Re: Decompression chamber [Re: Dimitri]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: Dimitri
To doubt is a bad word, to question is more wise.

And what is it, precisely, that leads one to question?

#35490 - 02/11/10 06:02 PM Re: Decompression chamber [Re: Dan_Dread]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Whats so hard to understand about this book:

The ontological basis of Satanism is material/real.

All moral codes/dogmas which are underpinned or conform to mystical religious systems are invalid and therefore will not compel the Satanist to act and think according to them.

The species is regulated by Darwinian evolution.

Might is right - the strong will overcome and rule the weak as a result. This is the real basis of human intersubjectivity and interrelation. Stratification as essential reality, as real basis of a political practice.

Creative destruction as the prime mover of human history.

The individual who identifies him or herself as a Satanist will identify with the symbol of Satan. He or she will recognse that he or she is an animal, a beast and will revel and indulge his or her carnal self without guilt feelings.

Indulgence and action will be tempered by an understanding of responsibility, quality and rational self interest.

I am the centre of my world and am an I-theist and will legitimate my world myself. I am however aware of other Gods and may need to work and megotiate with others.

Satanism is not a noun, it is an adjective and GM and LM are tools which I can use to win.

I am what I do and am out to win in the real world.

#35491 - 02/11/10 07:50 PM Re: Decompression chamber [Re: ]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Yes yes, anybody can attempt to follow any set of principles they wish, but you will always fail unless acting and being that way is congruent with your core nature.

We are all wired differently, and the regardless if you believe our brain-wiring is inborn or sculpted by the world at an early age, the type of person that is wired for this shit doesn't come along every day.

There are Satanists and there are followers of Satanism.

#35493 - 02/11/10 08:15 PM Re: Decompression chamber [Re: Dan_Dread]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
Yes yes, anybody can attempt to follow any set of principles they wish, but you will always fail unless acting and being that way is congruent with your core nature.

There are Satanists and there are followers of Satanism.

Absolutely. This is why we have SATANISTS and EX-SATANISTS. You can read a book or be told what's in it and you can try your damnedest to be that thing you might admire from the story... Batman, Superman, The Green Lantern, or even Jesus... but as Dan said, "unless acting and being that way is congruent with your core nature," the bast you can ever hope to be is a poor imitation. You might fool a lot of internet geeks or high school girls looking for "bad boy thrills," but you just can't fool yourself in the mirror.

#35494 - 02/11/10 09:47 PM Re: Decompression chamber [Re: Jake999]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
While I understand that labels are a fact of life, I use them sparingly. Why? Because labels are a shortcut to thinking. Disagree with someone? Call them a liberal or conservative, middle-of-the-road or radical, anything but a human being with something to say.

That said, I hope I never dismiss someone with a term such as “newbie”. Aren’t we all newbies at some time in our lives? If you have a problem with something someone said, by all means say your thing. But using cheap shots like newbie does nothing to advance one’s argument.

The Satanic Bible is deep or not deep, depending on how one looks at it. I’ve seen it both ways, and I don’t think admitting that makes me any less a Satanist than I would otherwise be. Satanism is about following one’s own path, forming one’s own conclusions. It is, by its very nature, individualistic. Why, then, do so many Satanists demand a one-size-fits-all approach?

Variety is the spice of life.

#35498 - 02/11/10 11:06 PM Re: Decompression chamber [Re: William Wright]
Jake999 Offline

I don't know where you think I've called anyone a newbie here... so I suppose you must be speaking to what someone else said. Obviously, you haven't paid much attention to what I've written here or elsewhere in other topics.

#35499 - 02/11/10 11:09 PM Re: Decompression chamber [Re: William Wright]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

One last post from me.

It is alien for most people I think.

I think many people attempt to soften its freezing cold hard edges and angles with systems of thinking or soma designed to make people feel safe around others and in their homes and workplaces.

Reading The Book of Satan and reflecting on it and agreeing with the unvarnished reality of it will determine whether you are a Satanist or not I think.

It is a harsh and brutal philosophy. It is elitist and completely self – centred and hedonistic and it merits and celebrates winners and leaves losers and the useless by the roadside.

It is genuinely dark and so cold Dan and the average Joe would be frankly frightened by the reality of it I think.

Not many people can look at cold hard razor sharp reality and agree with it or live it.

The trapezoid is so perfect for it.

How many people are actually cut out for a philosophy like that?

Wolves lurk around and they prey on those who are not of their kind.

Have a good weekend.

#35500 - 02/11/10 11:24 PM Re: Decompression chamber [Re: ]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Quote:

It is genuinely dark and so cold Dan and the average Joe would be frankly frightened by the reality of it I think.

Trust me when I tell you this;I have seen things that would make your blood run cold. I have been to the edge of the abyss and back again.

But you have hit the nail on the head here. Reality is a very hard and cold place. It takes courage and a certain type of resolve to not only internalize this fact, but embrace it.

#35505 - 02/12/10 01:27 AM Re: Decompression chamber [Re: ]
MelanosDivinity Offline
stranger

Loc: Port Gibson, Mississippi
When you say "agreeing" I cannot help but get this feeling that you are implying "worship" rather than study. To qoute, "Satanism must be studied, not worshiped." And are you also implying that one must agree with ALL of what is written in the book of satan or just a small amount of the material? Because if you are saying that one must agree with ALL that is written in the Bible then it seems as if that does not leave much if any room for individual interpretation, through internalizing the material, then revising it to shape one's own philosophical views and/or beliefs. And I thought that 'Satanism' condones individuality. Just my thoughts.

Also, you use the word "Satanism" as if you are trying to portray this word as some sort of label. To me, one should not have a need to label himself as a satanist, the philosophy shouldn't be something that he soley acquires through reading from the book, but it a natural facet of his unique nature.

To me, Satanism isn't adopted, it is birthed from within his being, it is an integral part of who he is.

Best Regards,

Denmark

Edited by MelanosDivinity (02/12/10 01:28 AM)

#35530 - 02/12/10 08:58 AM Re: Decompression chamber [Re: MelanosDivinity]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Jake, sorry about that. I was referring to Nemesis' post. I will be more careful about that in the future.

A quick side note: Jake, you were in my dream last night. Swear to god! You were a bartender, and you were less than thrilled with me because I was being a cheapskate. Then I decided to start tipping you well, and that livened you up. You make one hell of a screwdriver.

#35532 - 02/12/10 09:22 AM Re: Decompression chamber [Re: William Wright]
Jake999 Offline

Great... I always wanted to be someplace where I got to hang around with drunks for tips. I can honestly say I haven't been in a bar since October 27th 2007 or had a drink since then. Shared a birthday drink with my best girl while we were in Cleveland. Not my thing, really.

After my brother was killed by a drunk driver, I pretty much lost my taste for it. Today, I MIGHT have a beer or a glass of white wine if I really enjoy the company I'm with AND I have no access to a car.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.