Page 13 of 14 « First<1011121314>
Topic Options
#102714 - 09/11/15 12:28 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Noctuary]
rustbucket Offline
pledge

Loc: Not Avarua
My screen name reflects my general irreverence for pretense. I just don't give a fuck about my screen name, nor cultivating a particular online persona, because I find both associated with ego.

Although I do see usefulness with the ego, it often acts as a barrier, a limitation, to individual action and learning from the outside world.

In effect, the ego is often an internal "Pentagram", psychologically shielding a person from interactions with reality (similar to LaVey's view on standing in pentagrams in "magical" workings- Doing so defeats the entire fucking purpose of the working. Why protect yourself from a "demon" you want to interact with?)

Lots of folks on here post amazingly insightful thoughts. I respect those folks' posts, irregardless of any poster's cool/mysterious/esoteric/etc. screen name.

I like my Deadpool Avatar because he gives no fucks, I appreciate that.

#102801 - 09/15/15 06:09 PM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Noctuary]
Diamond79 Offline
stranger

Loc: DC - District of Columbia
I was obsessed with king diamond when I was younger so I used Diamond and 79 for mu birth year.
#102803 - 09/15/15 06:56 PM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Diamond79]
Friend of zoogs Offline
pledge

Loc: MN
 Originally Posted By: Diamond79
I was obsessed with king diamond when I was younger so I used Diamond and 79 for mu birth year.

King Diamond is still around touring and is coming to a town near me soon. I'm going to go. Who will meet me there? I'll buy the first round.

#102918 - 09/20/15 12:48 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Friend of zoogs]
Vandelbrot Offline
stranger

Vandelbrot is just a transformation of "Mandelbrot", who was a great mathematician that recently died (recently in the loose sense of the term, as always). The name itself is really pleasing, and has a nice traditional pen and paper rpg feel to it.

Now thing is, if you asked a great number of people, what kind of letter would the majority prefer to change M into instead of V?

#102919 - 09/20/15 01:12 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Vandelbrot]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
 Quote:
Now thing is, if you asked a great number of people, what kind of letter would the majority prefer to change M into instead of V?
Doob-lavey? (sp?) An inverted M = W. Y do you ask?

#102930 - 09/20/15 01:46 PM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: antikarmatomic]
Vandelbrot Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: antikarmatomic
Doob-lavey? (sp?)

I don't understand what this means.

I meant in relation to my username. Vandelbrot. from Mandelbrot.
Actualy your suggestion is sound, Wandelbrot sounds nice. Inversion is always a welcome and elegant transformation.

#102931 - 09/20/15 03:42 PM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Vandelbrot]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Quote:
I don't understand what this means.
A play on words / French pronunciation of the name of the letter W ("say it aloud"). Nothing terribly significant, but mildly amusing to yours truly.

#102940 - 09/21/15 06:00 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: antikarmatomic]
Diamond79 Offline
stranger

Loc: DC - District of Columbia
I would love to attend with you friend of zoogs but you are in MN which is pretty far from me.
#102983 - 09/22/15 08:25 PM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Diamond79]
Friend of zoogs Offline
pledge

Loc: MN
Shucks! live music is not to be missed, in my opinion. I go to as many shows as I can. Lots of good ones coming this fall including GWAR which I think is a favorite of Antikarmatomic. I suppose he is to far away to attend with me as well.

#102988 - 09/23/15 05:43 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Friend of zoogs]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Yupper - I am an unrepentant bohab. I still haven't quite made up my mind how I feel about Bishop heading the band after the loss of Brokie - I suppose it's better than nothing (maybe)... either way it seems as if he sorta knew his goose was cooking.

Destroyed <- if that's not a self-fulling prophecy, then I don't know what is.

'can't fault that. *shrugs* If I were closer to MN I'd totally take you up on the offer if for no other reason than to take a gander at the new line-up. Typically they hit-up New England between Halloween and Christmas - I'll probably catch them then, we can compare notes. One thing's for sure, it definitely won't be the same. Kinda like post-LaVey C/S.

#103487 - 10/20/15 02:07 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Fnord]
Phurkus Offline
stranger

Theres a demon who rules on my birthday, furkas is his name. He is short and wise in many subjects, i too am interested amd beleive knowledge ispower. So mine is after him
#103491 - 10/20/15 03:39 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Phurkus]
Apollyon_Kaos Offline
stranger

Loc: Georgia
Apollyon is just another name for Satan. Kaos is a nickname given to me in high school. I was always in trouble, never looking but always finding it. I spelled it with a "k" just for the aesthetic value. When I was twenty all my friends started calling me Apollyon so from then on it just stuck.

#104075 - 11/26/15 01:06 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Noctuary]
Gen Offline
stranger

Gen is short for Genesis. I chose this name because it is my legal name and I thought it was a bit ironic. As a child, I hated the name simply because it did not sound pleasant; however, as I grew I thought the meaning was interesting excluding the religious aspect of it.

Edited by Gen (11/26/15 01:19 AM)

#105192 - 01/23/16 12:42 PM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Gen]
Kdosda Hegen Offline
stranger

My name Kdosda is just random letters. Hegen means: "genes"(or something like that) if it is tranlated to english, but in personal it doesn't have meaning.

#105526 - 02/14/16 12:06 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Kdosda Hegen]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
The T in Creatura is regular, the T in Noptii is pronounced like the 'ts' in 'cats.' All vowels are pronounced in the romance. The translation? You can look that up yourself. The meaning is to represent something that fits well in the dark.

Edited by Creatura Noptii (02/14/16 12:13 AM)
Edit Reason: Details/Clarity

Page 13 of 14 « First<1011121314>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.