Page 4 of 14 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#37499 - 04/10/10 08:36 PM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Noctuary]
Wijesin Offline
stranger

Cool thread, Noctuary. My nick is a contraction and modification of an Indian (no, the other type of Indian) name which I though was nice. Wij is also an Ukrainian demon of the underworld, made (even more) notorious by Gogol. His short story about it is worth a look. It contains desperate novice priests in deep trouble pitted against witches, ghosts, undead abominations, vicious teachers, and stubborn peasants - the works.

#37629 - 04/15/10 11:42 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Noctuary]
Demon Heretic666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Missouri
My name comes form my insane love for demons. I consider myself a heretic because I openly defy the christian religion, challenging it however I can. The 666 is just an interesting flourish. \:\)

#37684 - 04/16/10 06:04 PM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Fnord]
spinosaurus01 Offline
stranger

I've had mine for a few years now. It's just easy to remember.
#37691 - 04/16/10 07:00 PM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: spinosaurus01]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Funny this was one of the most responded to threads on the old forum. Seems like it's running strong here as well. Funnier as this incarnation of the forums have an introduction thread where all of this could be said.

Well carry on then...

~T~

#37701 - 04/16/10 10:41 PM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: spinosaurus01]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
 Quote:
I've had mine for a few years now. It's just easy to remember.

Wow, really? How insightful. I just wasted 2 seconds of my life reading that. If you don't have anything of value to contribute to a thread, do us a favor and refrain from posting.

Just to make sure I practice what I preach, here's my little piece.

I took "Nemesis" as my username because I couldn't think of a better name to describe myself. Not just because of the whole "God(dess)" thing, that was not in the forefront of my mind at the time. But you just don't mess with Nemesis....

"And certainly, considering her position as the personification of retribution, it was probably thought best to avoid making Nemesis angry."

#37715 - 04/17/10 03:06 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Nemesis]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Dread is an internet nick I have been using on IRC and such since the late 90s. It's taken from a Clive Barker short story of the same name.

#37723 - 04/17/10 05:59 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Dan_Dread]
Mardi Gras Offline
stranger

Loc: Louisiana
life has taught me that it is too goddam short to not be "living it up" so to speak. I was born and raised in Louisiana, and have always been quite the outta-control party animal. hence mardi gras. I've as well had my sn as a nickname in everyday life for a few years now. I can't remember how it started, I was doing alot of traveling nationwide while i was living in my car. somewhere someone had started calling me that, I can bet my bottom dollar it's gonna be a life-long thing... it's stuck with me this long.

#37811 - 04/18/10 06:03 PM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Noctuary]
satanictemple Offline
lurker

My username is directly related to what I do with most of my time: operation of the International Temple of Satan, a theistic, Satanist religious organization.

It also has a double meaning. As a theistic Satanist, I consider my body the literal temple of Satan. He lives and moves and has his being through me and all other worshipers of him.

Hail Satan!

#37814 - 04/18/10 07:01 PM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: satanictemple]
Sireal Offline
stranger

Loc: Canada
Sireal is a name I chose for a bunch of reasons. First I have always wanted to join the OTr. but have too many other Orders to work with already \:\) But! if I were in the OTr. I would likely keep the name-its serious and fun at the same time. Second, I'm not a surreal artist but deeply influenced by them and I suppose some of my work would fall into that category. Also I like to keep things real in various corners of the net and this is the moniker I use.

#38149 - 04/28/10 01:11 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Fnord]
Joshua Sprenkle Offline
stranger

Loc: US
It's my favorite sound \:\)

edit - Don't mean to make such a one-liner post but there's not much else I can say, it's my name <3 One of the more important things in my life.

Edited by Joshua Sprenkle (04/28/10 01:12 AM)

#39466 - 06/21/10 06:41 PM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Joshua Sprenkle]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
Mine is pretty obvious.

When I was a kid I used to watch Wide World Of Sports. It was, back then, and always will be the greatest sports program in history. That's where I used to watch Evel Knievel perform all of his jumps. He's also the only reason I ride a motorcycle.

1974 was when he attempted to jump the Snake River Canyon with a skycycle (it was basically a one-man rocket with wheels) even though there was a mechanical malfunction and he didn't make it (he actually did make it but the wind blew him back into the canyon) he is the only man in history to ever attempt that.

When he passed a few years ago, he was literally one of the last of the real men to ever walk the earth.

One of my favorite quotes of his is: "I did what I did and I do what I do because I'm Evel Knievel, and I don't question it".

*on a side note: 37 years after Evel tried to jump the canyon, his son, Robbie will attempt to perform that same stunt in a similar skycycle sometime next year.

#39476 - 06/22/10 12:24 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Knievel74]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Knievel74
When he passed a few years ago, he was literally one of the last of the real men to ever walk the earth.

Being around the same age as you I also experienced the Wide World Of Sports and had great respect for the man. I lost some respect for him when he and his wife tried to sue ESPN for making a defamatory comment when they joked about him being a pimp. It made me think he was a bit out of touch with modern reality or looking for a quick buck.

But I don't know, why did I reply... Perhaps it is because to me a man is someone who can grab his balls and do what he needs to provide for him and his. Acquiring fame or seeking an adrenalin rush by risking "your life" run quite opposite to being a man in my book.

~T~

PS. Grabbing your balls is used figuratively only in this instance. I have met some strong females that were more a man than some of the new breed of male.

#39477 - 06/22/10 12:33 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Noctuary]
wonderboy Offline
lurker

Loc: Arizona
I just happen to think highly of myself

#39478 - 06/22/10 12:39 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: wonderboy]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Shit and here I was about to think you were only Wonderman's sidekick or Wonder Womans boy-toy. ;\)

Interesting first post...

Carry on.

~T~

#39487 - 06/22/10 06:14 AM Re: The meaning behind your username [Re: Noctuary]
bl1ndeathwatcHer Offline
stranger

Loc: Mumbai
My username doesn't mean anything....so basically I have this double-edged sword..and I fill TV with death cuz of my iron scepter cool frizzy powers....but the rest of my life is weird overkilled burnt stuff.....

Page 4 of 14 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.